Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jebus Christ, Kennesaw State boasts the largest enrollment within the FCS of more than 43,000 students. I bet they don't have budget problems. Good thing they're leaving for Conference USA next year.

Comment

Holy moley...that is a lot of kids. Good for them!

Comment

Robert Guitar has said he has gotten several calls and texts thanking him for not giving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Call View Post
          Robert Guitar has said he has gotten several calls and texts thanking him for not giving up.
          This is a most enjoyable continuing comedy routine.

In order to "NOT GIVE UP SOMETHING", ONE MUST HAVE "HAD SOMETHING TO BEGIN WITH"

The only thing I remember Bobby Banjo having was a POISON PEN, that got him banned from this site. It wasn't a conspiracy to silence a GENIUS.

Given how Brandon has run this site and with the integrity he consistantly displays, for anyone to even think RG(BB) is a political victim is way off base.

Comment

Totally happy for you UWG, but I have a question. What, in your opinions, what are the advantages for a D2 school to move up? What are the advantages for a D2 football program to move up? Same for disadvantages.

My thoughts are the advantage for the school itself is a share of the conference revenue being considerably larger then say the GSC, this being TV revenue, etc.. Enrollment increasing maybe due to the move? I'm not quite sure what the positive is on the football program side, unless it is potential success in the long term, i.e. look at UNA and I'm sure the majority of schools that moved up and went thru several tough tough years on the gridiron.

My thoughts on the disadvantages, football side, I already mentioned. More then likely, UWG is going to suffer for a few years in the win column in football, and probably other sports. As a fan that is going to be tough I imagine. For the school in itself, maybe no disadvantage.

I'm curious what everyone thinks, especially UWG posters, but everyone on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
              Totally happy for you UWG, but I have a question. What, in your opinions, what are the advantages for a D2 school to move up? What are the advantages for a D2 football program to move up? Same for disadvantages.

My thoughts are the advantage for the school itself is a share of the conference revenue being considerably larger then say the GSC, this being TV revenue, etc.. Enrollment increasing maybe due to the move? I'm not quite sure what the positive is on the football program side, unless it is potential success in the long term, i.e. look at UNA and I'm sure the majority of schools that moved up and went thru several tough tough years on the gridiron.

My thoughts on the disadvantages, football side, I already mentioned. More then likely, UWG is going to suffer for a few years in the win column in football, and probably other sports. As a fan that is going to be tough I imagine. For the school in itself, maybe no disadvantage.

I'm curious what everyone thinks, especially UWG posters, but everyone on the board.
              I can see it now. UWG D1, right up there with UNA D1. D1 has made Florence a whole new place.

Comment

It won't even matter how well they do. I think athletes, alumni, students, administrations, and other people only care about having the D1 moniker. They will get more money and a potential bump in enrolment, as you mentioned. Though, I do believe UNA and UWG will be competitive eventually.

This is a long-term play, and I think it's a smart move. I'm currently working on my MBA, and many business leaders talk about forgoing profit or losing money in the first few years, with the real goal to be profitable 5, 7, 10 years later and beyond. I think so many people want instant gratification nowadays, but that's unrealistic. These schools are investing in their future, and I think it will pay off in the long run. Let UNA or UWG make the NCAA basketball tournament one season. That alone would make the move worth it. The money and free marketing that comes with that is amazing.
                RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

It won't even matter how well they do. I think athletes, alumni, students, administrations, and other people only care about having the D1 moniker. They will get more money and a potential bump in enrolment, as you mentioned. Though, I do believe UNA and UWG will be competitive eventually.

This is a long-term play, and I think it's a smart move. I'm currently working on my MBA, and many business leaders talk about forgoing profit or losing money in the first few years, with the real goal to be profitable 5, 7, 10 years later and beyond. I think so many people want instant gratification nowadays, but that's unrealistic. These schools are investing in their future, and I think it will pay off in the long run. Let UNA or UWG make the NCAA basketball tournament one season. That alone would make the move worth it. The money and free marketing that comes with that is amazing.
                  A man with vision. I love it! There is a very vocal group on this board that are very anti-D1, they don't see a value in moving on the basis of "you'll never win a national title in D1". I understand it, but winning D2 national titles to those outside of this very select number of hundreds/thousands on this board means absolutely nothing. To the greater public the Conference Championship weekend for college basketball is the only times a school may be on national television, but it would do way more for a school than a D2 title in any sport. You make a run and make the National tournament and your notoriety immediately goes up, who cares if you win the tourney game, but if you sneak a win in there even better! It's a money game and schools need that cash

Comment

It is a total elevation of Athletics and the University, not to mention the economic impact. All precipitated by the Gulf South dumpster fire.

Comment

Love the helmet and logo is good....but my god UWG has the worst uniforms in the gsc. So bland and boring

Comment

The University of North Alabama has set a new enrollment record with the start of the 2023-2024 academic year, a final tally in excess of 10,600 students for Fall 2023.
                        Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

D1 matters even to non-athletes. I think enrollment will approach 15,000 within ten years. There is plenty of land to expand. There's a segment to fill with KSU going FBS in 2024. I would have loved to have an FCS schedule with Mercer, Ga Southern, KSU, ETSU, Chattanooga but too late for that.

It will be tough sledding for 6-8 years but i'm hopeful and excited. I wonder how many UAC teams are still playing on natural grass.

Comment

I too am concerned on the years we will struggle in getting wins. D2 has a lot of political issues that D1 seems to avoid, at least I am not aware. TV revenue will be better. A chance to play some major schools will be fun, especially when we do win.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
                              Love the helmet and logo is good....but my god UWG has the worst uniforms in the gsc. So bland and boring
                              We need to bring back the Will Hall era threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post

We need to bring back the Will Hall era threads.
                                They look like leftover jerseys adidas had laying around at a clearance store. Come on Wolves!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X