Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow! I may never get to say this again so I had to share!!

The UNA Lions lead #4 Florida State 7-0 in Doak Campbell Stadium!!

Lions fake a punt to get in the red zone and score three plays later! Takairee Kenebrew is now the all time TD receptions leader at UNA!

Roar Lions!!
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by UNALions View Post
      Wow! I may never get to say this again so I had to share!!

Lions fake a punt to get in the red zone and score three plays later! Takairee Kenebrew is now the all time TD receptions leader at UNA!

Roar Lions!!
      It;s now 13-0

#BlazerNation

Comment

Wow! I may never get to say this again so I had to share!!

Roar Lions!!
        13-0 now

Comment

• Omg! TD Lions!! UNA up 13-0!!!
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Dangggggg. I HATE these injuries! I’m sick. I feel for the Seminoles. UNA’s best RB had a similar injury in the 3rd game of the season. Ugh.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• End of the 1st Qtr:

UNA 13, FSU 0
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Even Kennesaw moved up once they tasted some success.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                  Heard from a longtime friend who has worked in college athletics for decades. The conversation came around to the GSC and schools moving up. His theory is that the GSC success in football is bc it has a bit of a monopoly on D2 level talent in the deep south. More and more D1 teams are watering down the talent pool for FCS in the GSC footprint and that is the reason for the lack of champions from the south over the past several years.

Not so sure that I agree but it is something to consider. Ga Southern in 2000 the last FCS champion from the GSC footprint.

Are the Dakota schools so dominant bc they are one of the few options for players that want to stay home?
                  That whole Dakotas/Montana/Idaho bloc is a weird one, and with the big schools moving to new conferences out west, they might have even more of a stranglehold on recruiting. I wonder how much their players are making with NIL?

Comment

• Originally posted by WGCBraves92 View Post

That whole Dakotas/Montana/Idaho bloc is a weird one, and with the big schools moving to new conferences out west, they might have even more of a stranglehold on recruiting. I wonder how much their players are making with NIL?
                    Not sure of the dollar amount but there are some FCS NIL collectives.

I am old enough to remember when Southern Miss was one of the few D1 non power conference schools in the deep south. Every Southern Miss game broadcast mentioned that they had talent on the same level as many SEC schools bc there were only so many SEC roster spots. USM went all over the country playing Nebraskas and Alabamas and other powers, competing not just cashing a check. Now there is a D1 football team next door to every Dollar General which begs the question, is there enough talent for them to be competitive at the national level?

Comment

The thread on the ASUN forum on CSNbbs:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-976738-pos...ml#pid19130891
                      Robert Guitar says he is signing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Will Call View Post

Robert Guitar says he is signing up.
                        🀣 Bring it on! Can’t be any worse than a certain Kennesaw State fan!! πŸ™„πŸ˜œ
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I am old enough to remember when Southern Miss was one of the few D1 non power conference schools in the deep south. Every Southern Miss game broadcast mentioned that they had talent on the same level as many SEC schools bc there were only so many SEC roster spots. USM went all over the country playing Nebraskas and Alabamas and other powers, competing not just cashing a check. Now there is a D1 football team next door to every Dollar General which begs the question, is there enough talent for them to be competitive at the national level?
                          Great point/question.
                          Maybe you answered it yourself.
                          Every Dollar General I go in is understaffed. So there.

Comment

• Mercer Football DC Joel Taylor has been named the new HC at West Georgia. He will lead the program into its first season of Division I football in 2024.

https://uwgathletics.com/news/2023/1...tball-uwg.aspx
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I remember when it was Southern Miss and Alabama-Birmingham until Tuscaloosa pulled the rug out from under them.

Comment

• Another year's pretty much done, now the clocks ticking and some decisions need to be made with the GSC 'Greater South Conference'.

Will alliances be made with Conference Carolinas for filling slots on the schedules, will there be some type of merger, or will there be additional doubling (same team) games.

Also, what's Delta State's potential future look like moving forward?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X