Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FHSU at NWMSU Game Thread

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    Ha, nobody at NW is going to apologize for the hardware NW has won over the past 20+ years.
    I think you missed the joke.....

Keep your hardware, just return the keys to the stadium to Coach Brown at the end of the season. It's nice he lets you play on his field, who said he isn't a good guy :)

Comment

Helped them a lot on the field today :)

Comment

TBH, I felt like NW left a lot on the field when they played LU with the amount of talent they trotted out there vs. us.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Keep your hardware, just return the keys to the stadium to Coach Brown at the end of the season. It's nice he lets you play on his field, who said he isn't a good guy :)
          um, i don't get it, we don't lock the stadium...you guys do?

Comment

I prefer substance over style
            2points in two years for substance. it has been enough unfortunately.

Comment

• Comment

The sh** that guys spewing isn't believable. Either some young kid or somebody pretending to be a NW fan. I can't believe anyone would be so soft

Comment

This isn't a today thing. This is a 22 game sample size thing. Everything prior to that was the same for 6 years. One man left. And the offense tanked with what was left. B97 brought up a good point. Is BWright better today than he was in game 1? No, that's not all on the playcalling. But it's the same dudes doing both calling plays and developing. I understand it's a tough call. It's the inherent risk with continuously hiring your own. But when the day comes you have to be able to make the tough decision.

Comment

I didn't miss any joke. It was just a lame attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
                      This isn't a today thing. This is a 22 game sample size thing. Everything prior to that was the same for 6 years. One man left. And the offense tanked with what was left. B97 brought up a good point. Is BWright better today than he was in game 1? No, that's not all on the playcalling. But it's the same dudes doing both calling plays and developing. I understand it's a tough call. It's the inherent risk with continuously hiring your own. But when the day comes you have to be able to make the tough decision.
                      I've been saying it for two years its the Oline. Idk if they switched up recruiting philosophy, but they don't have NW Olineman like they used to. There is no nasty in that group. I noticed it too a little AD's last year, but its been more apparent the last two years. They are all trying to be technicians, clinic tape blocking. There is no get low and punish the other guy. Just my observation (Not saying Hays OL anybetter)

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                        Ok. I'm going to be real, since you're handing out disapproval for rep points now.

Step away from the keyboard.

If messageboarders got up in a tizzy everytime something happened like you're explaining, it would be a b##ch fest every single week. I've probably been present on the sideline of live games as much if not more than anyone here on this board, for all types of sports, at all types of levels. This stuff happens. It's not unique.

You are upset about the loss after an emotional game, and this is something convenient to take your frustrations out on. If NW had come back to win that game, it's far less likely we hear about this from you. Not trying to "be a dick", but get out of your feelings man.... speaking lovingly as someone that gets there quite often :)
                        Appreciate the response and yes, the loss stings and I should calm down. We didn't deserve to win, I will readily admit that. But I'm also a teacher and know a lot of really good coaches who don't tolerate acting that way. The defender doing what he did wasn't the thing, it was that he left the field and went to the band to do it, same thing at the end of the game for the whole team. Football has a bad rap right now because of injuries and such. When some see this (yes, I heard it said today), they ask why are sports, especially football, a good thing? Why even play these games? They just cause injuries, make people mad, cause fights, cost a lot of money, etc. I believe there is a positive side to sports, and to football. Nothing positive was seen today, from a life's lesson perspective. And that's unfortunate because I want to see the game, much less sports in general, succeed.

Comment

Originally posted by ClayCoCat View Post
                          The play calling the last few minutes of this game was horrible. Why would any decent offensive coach with less then four minutes in the game call for three straight running plays from your own 15 yard line. As I said last year, Flohr has got to go or Northwest football's season ends at the end of the regular season.
                          Well, it should have been Osborn not Flohr. But the same dude called like 10 straight running plays in the middle of the UNK game that went nowhere.

Comment

I've been saying it for two years its the Oline. Idk if they switched up recruiting philosophy, but they don't have NW Olineman like they used to. There is no nasty in that group. I noticed it too a little AD's last year, but its been more apparent the last two years. They are all trying to be technicians, clinic tape blocking. There is no get low and punish the other guy. Just my observation (Not saying Hays OL anybetter)
                            It's not an OL thing no matter how much you want it to be. NW hasn't been "nasty" for years on the OL. AD was able to scheme around any issues at OL. Won 3 Nattys without it. I'll take those results.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat0409 View Post
                                Appreciate the response and yes, the loss stings and I should calm down. We didn't deserve to win, I will readily admit that. But I'm also a teacher and know a lot of really good coaches who don't tolerate acting that way. The defender doing what he did wasn't the thing, it was that he left the field and went to the band to do it, same thing at the end of the game for the whole team. Football has a bad rap right now because of injuries and such. When some see this (yes, I heard it said today), they ask why are sports, especially football, a good thing? Why even play these games? They just cause injuries, make people mad, cause fights, cost a lot of money, etc. I believe there is a positive side to sports, and to football. Nothing positive was seen today, from a life's lesson perspective. And that's unfortunate because I want to see the game, much less sports in general, succeed.
                                I suggest writing a strongly worded letter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X