Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FHSU at NWMSU Game Thread

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
    It's not an OL thing no matter how much you want it to be. NW hasn't been "nasty" for years on the OL. AD was able to scheme around that. Won 3 Nattys without it. I'll take those results.
    You had a defense that got the ball back immediately though...Now you don't, so you need an OL

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat0409 View Post
      Appreciate the response and yes, the loss stings and I should calm down. We didn't deserve to win, I will readily admit that. But I'm also a teacher and know a lot of really good coaches who don't tolerate acting that way. The defender doing what he did wasn't the thing, it was that he left the field and went to the band to do it, same thing at the end of the game for the whole team. Football has a bad rap right now because of injuries and such. When some see this (yes, I heard it said today), they ask why are sports, especially football, a good thing? Why even play these games? They just cause injuries, make people mad, cause fights, cost a lot of money, etc. I believe there is a positive side to sports, and to football. Nothing positive was seen today, from a life's lesson perspective. And that's unfortunate because I want to see the game, much less sports in general, succeed.
      i guess i would say if you saw nothing positive today, you were only looking for negatives. or completely focused on just the negative that you saw. it clearly bothered you quite a bit. i just haven't read anything that you described that would cause me to judge someones character good or bad. did the players moon the crowd, flip the bird, or cup a fart and blow it in your direction? it just seems that what you have described so far is an overreaction on your part.

Comment

It's the win with grace that eludes some. And I've been a NW fan for 30+ years, even before Coach T when we were awful. You can bad mouth me all you want, call me a sore loser, fine. But watch your own team. You can't say I'm wrong. What are you teaching kids, we have many in the stands for games, if acting like that is ok?

Comment

• Comment

Did I attack his integrity Nope, even said he might be a great guy. But there is a track record there of his players you can't and haven't denied. As for learn to lose? Learn to win, your team obviously doesn't know how. They're a good team and will see more wins. Learn how. For us? Yes, more losses are probably coming. Hard not to with how many losses we've experienced in recent history.

Comment

Did I attack his integrity Nope, even said he might be a great guy. But there is a track record there of his players you can't and haven't denied. As for learn to lose? Learn to win, your team obviously doesn't know how. They're a good team and will see more wins. Learn how. For us? Yes, more losses are probably coming. Hard not to with how many losses we've experienced in recent history.

Comment

I hope you collected names and jersey numbers of the players that were mean to you.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                    i guess i would say if you saw nothing positive today, you were only looking for negatives. or completely focused on just the negative that you saw. it clearly bothered you quite a bit. i just haven't read anything that you described that would cause me to judge someones character good or bad. did the players moon the crowd, flip the bird, or cup a fart and blow it in your direction? it just seems that what you have described so far is an overreaction on your part.
                    Leaving the field to do it is what bothered me. Did I see a specific gesture? No. But no reason to leave the field, even just turning and doing it wouldn't have been as big an issue. Plus saying "dirty cheaters get what they deserve". I am loyal, it's a fault. And I will stand up for my alma mater. We played like crap. But we didn't play dirty, despite the PFs called might suggest. I'm also proud of how NW handles wins or losses and its discouraging to see other teams not show the same respect, win or loss. But I guess I should be proud that beating us creates that reaction. Don't think they reacted the same to beating MoSo.

Comment

• Last edited by Alfred33; 11-03-2018, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Leaving the field to do it is what bothered me. Did I see a specific gesture? No. But no reason to leave the field, even just turning and doing it wouldn't have been as big an issue. Plus saying "dirty cheaters get what they deserve". I am loyal, it's a fault. And I will stand up for my alma mater. We played like crap. But we didn't play dirty, despite the PFs called might suggest. I'm also proud of how NW handles wins or losses and its discouraging to see other teams not show the same respect, win or loss. But I guess I should be proud that beating us creates that reaction. Don't think they reacted the same to beating MoSo.

Comment

You're not the only one but I've seen multiple people upset with Flohr about play calling. From my understanding, Osborn is calling all the plays this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                            Helped them a lot on the field today :)
                            Are you sure you want Hays to make the playoffs again this year? The pucker factor was real last year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              You're not the only one but I've seen multiple people upset with Flohr about play calling. From my understanding, Osborn is calling all the plays this year.
                              i thought they were co-callers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post
                                i thought they were co-callers
                                I haven't heard from FB coaches but everyone else I've talked to in the Athletic Dept has said Osborn is the play caller

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X