Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Round Lindenwood @ NW...Welcome back!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gee, the good old days (way back in 2016) when we scored 9 times in a game instead of punting 9 times.

We couldn't run the ball because the Bison D pursued and tackled.

Comment

Originally posted by OICU812 View Post

You and your ilk are spoiled children. News flash: this is D2 football.
      I saw nothing dominating about that defense. They are a good, disciplined defense, yet we should have moved the ball far better against them. Their numbers over the course of the season are in no small way impacted by their offensive success. If their offense controls the ball 70% of the time, the opposing O has less opportunity to score. Combine that with a good defense, which they have, and you have very impressive numbers over the course of a season.

Using their performance against an O that has struggled against better defenses all season to declare they are the best D in D2 is a stretch.

Comment

stay on task
        attack the messenger ain't gonna work
        no idea what yer getting at with the second part perhaps you can elaborate.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

*our
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

...and every other team in the history of football.
            That post didn't quite read the way I had it in my head. Fortunately, we don't run into D2 versions of Mahomes, Watson or Jackson often.
            Go Hounds!
            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
            Cyclone Power
            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post

I saw nothing dominating about that defense. They are a good, disciplined defense, yet we should have moved the ball far better against them. Their numbers over the course of the season are in no small way impacted by their offensive success. If their offense controls the ball 70% of the time, the opposing O has less opportunity to score. Combine that with a good defense, which they have, and you have very impressive numbers over the course of a season.

Using their performance against an O that has struggled against better defenses all season to declare they are the best D in D2 is a stretch.
              if that is the best d in the nation d2 is having it's worst yr by a country mile in the 24 i've been following it.
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

And for everyone calling for the OC and QBs head, give Harding some credit. I'm not sure there is a better defense in D2 than that one yesterday. We didn't help ourselves but they owned the line of scrimmage against a pretty solid NW o-line. Big time tip of the hat to them. They simply got jobbed on the seeding.
                  Nobody got jobbed. This is why HU played at NW yesterday.
                  Team Region D2 OWP Road .500
                  Northwest 10-1 10-1 .500 5-1 5-1
                  Central 10-1 10-1 .500 5-1 5-1
                  Harding 10-1 10-1 .500 5-1 3-1
                  Go Hounds!
                  B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                  Cyclone Power
                  ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
                    2017...9-3...25.2ppg...Lost in the 1st round of playoffs
                    2018...10-3...36.6ppg...Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs
                    2019...11-1...43.3ppg...???

I'm not completely happy and feel we are still a long ways from the polished product of 2015-2016, but this sure looks like we're trending in the right direction to me. How about we wait until the end of the season to get the torches and lynch mob together.
                    Can't just throw some half a$$ stats (actually not even half a$$) out there and try to paint the Mona Lisa. I will give you this despite our offensive struggles this year...being MIAA co-champs and the further we get into the PO's, the less likelihood of coordinator change. And I doubt seriously we make a change anyway.
                    Last edited by CatFan88; 11-24-2019, 11:41 AM.
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
                      2017...9-3...25.2ppg...Lost in the 1st round of playoffs
                      2018...10-3...36.6ppg...Lost in the 2nd round of playoffs
                      2019...11-1...43.3ppg...???

I'm not completely happy and feel we are still a long ways from the polished product of 2015-2016, but this sure looks like we're trending in the right direction to me. How about we wait until the end of the season to get the torches and lynch mob together.
                      I'm very much agreeing with you GoCatsGo.
                      30-7.
                      3 NCAA playoff trips.
                      2 MIAA Conference Titles.
                      I understand high expectations (and support them as well) but c'mon, man....
                      I totally think that the offense needs some fixing. No argument. But the sky isn't falling.
                      Harding had a great defense and our offense isn't great right now. We were fortunate to win...that's the playoffs.
                      I've been a low-level hs fb coach for almost 30 years.....I dream of the day I could struggle like Coach Wright.
                      The Bearcats are a very, very good team. But they're not perfect. Nobody is. Sure, I hope they get better on offense and continue to win.
                      But I'm very sure that those guys coaching want it more than I do, and that they're a lot smarter than me.
                      They're really good men and the numbers suggest that they're really good coaches, too.
                      Northwest Missouri State University
                      BEARCATS

Comment

D2 or not - 20 years of mostly cool, calm and collected in the pocket. Take a stroll through the stats, guys who complete a high percentage of their passes and move the chains. Call it spoiled if you like, I call it the standard

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I need to watch some northwest games. MIAA still charge for their service?
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X