Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly, I have no idea how Oklahoma funding works? They have waaaaaay too many state schools for the population, but in Kansas, it takes donors, AD sales, sponsorships, etc...because not much of your state money can be used. Not that there's much to start with.

Comment

• That's what I was asking what is the min number. Pretty sure 11 of the schools want 7 plus wins But that's the stickler PP. Not everybody can have 5+ in a silo schedule with 12 teams if you want three teams above 9-3 to get int PO. It is simply not possible . What the MIAA has created is a conference with to many people all fighting for scraps . Only ones that thrive for long is the ones who spend more money than most D2 institutions. My long term solution is to find wins in a few ooc games. No school should have to endure o-11 seasons. But there will always be someone at 11 losses. To many posters just scream at those at the bottom and tell them to get better and spend more money. But the dirty secret is that they but hoping they won't get better because If one school climbs up then someone falls to bottom. Get rid of them and bring someone else in other say. Who in right mind wants to risk thier frontdoor athletic program to crushing blow. We need to start thinking differently. The money and players are going to stop trickling down to D2. This means revenue is merch and tickets. well how does that get better when your 0-11. All the programs are needed and necessary and need to be given best opportunity to be successful or it will eventually destroy this conf. We haven't seen the semis in what five years now ?

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
        That's what I was asking what is the min number. Pretty sure 11 of the schools want 7 plus wins But that's the stickler PP. Not everybody can have 5+ in a silo schedule with 12 teams if you want three teams above 9-3 to get int PO. It is simply not possible . What the MIAA has created is a conference with to many people all fighting for scraps . Only ones that thrive for long is the ones who spend more money than most D2 institutions. My long term solution is to find wins in a few ooc games. No school should have to endure o-11 seasons. But there will always be someone at 11 losses. To many posters just scream at those at the bottom and tell them to get better and spend more money. But the dirty secret is that they but hoping they won't get better because If one school climbs up then someone falls to bottom. Get rid of them and bring someone else in other say. Who in right mind wants to risk thier frontdoor athletic program to crushing blow. We need to start thinking differently. The money and players are going to stop trickling down to D2. This means revenue is merch and tickets. well how does that get better when your 0-11. All the programs are needed and necessary and need to be given best opportunity to be successful or it will eventually destroy this conf. We haven't seen the semis in what five years now ?
        Here us how it has played out in real life in the past.

With or without noncons, bottom dwellers tend to remain bottom dwellers unless they commit to gettingbetter.

Those who can't compete play noncons and if the team they schedule is remotely competent, they lose those games, too. If they do win a couple it doesn't bring in enough cash to elevate the program. It does not inspire administrators to solve the problem. It isn't a magic bullet.

Playing worse competition is not the answer unless you can get enough of them to make a conference and game the system. Looking at you GLVC.

And again, I hate the silo, but I hate it because it has made the conference weaker as a whole. (Like you pointed out earlier, there hasn'tbeentoo much playoffsuccess lately. Might be a coincidence, idk?). It's also competitive inbreeding, and it's honestly getting boring to watch
        Last edited by Predatory Primates; 11-02-2022, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• I do wonder if Truman and SBU have seen increased revenue since they joined the pyramid scheme conference. I would imagine Truman has with their success in that conf.

Comment

• When UCM hosted Lincoln last Saturday, the broadcasters commented on how many underclassmen start for the Blue Tigers. One example would be the offensive line, with four freshmen and one junior. It was also mentioned that having a young squad has always been a problem for Lincoln. Their kids play for a couple of years and get sick of losing and either quit football or transfer out. You can't help but feel sorry for their players and coaches. For God's sake Lincoln, go to a conference where you have a chance of winning, or better yet, drop down to NAIA.

Comment

• PP had the conversation pre covid and sat there and predicted that silo would lead to this outcome. And it will get worse. Most of the schools will finish near.500 this year . If we are only getting one playoff team is that enough success available to maintain the buy in from the financial stake holders ( ads, alumns. Students, fans) of all the schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Honestly, I have no idea how Oklahoma funding works? They have waaaaaay too many state schools for the population, but in Kansas, it takes donors, AD sales, sponsorships, etc...because not much of your state money can be used. Not that there's much to start with.
                This is so true. Oklahoma has a college in every town with a population of like 10K. It wouldn’t hurt to close some of the more **** schools like ECU and NWOSU to route those funds to the schools that actually matter.
                Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post

This is so true. Oklahoma has a college in every town with a population of like 10K. It wouldn’t hurt to close some of the more **** schools like ECU and NWOSU to route those funds to the schools that actually matter.
                  Missouri isn't any better...yes population is maybe a bit higher, buy 14 PUBLIC higher education institutions: MU, MSU, UMKC, MoS&T, UMSL in MU System. Then the directionals: UCM, SEMO, Southern, Western, Central, NW, and Truman (formerly NE). Lincoln and Harris-Stowe...missing any? Then the community college system as well...not as many of those, but they are funded fairly well by state statues.

Then for competition you have the privates: SLU, Maryville, Lindenwood, Rockhurst, Drury, WJC, Quincy might as well be in Missouri...and then a bunch of NAIAs.

So Missouri could/should look at doing the same and limiting how thin some of the distributions are...Southern and MSU are too close...NW and MWSU are too close, Harris-Stowe and LInocln are only two hours apart as HBCU's...

Comment

• I disagree about the too many schools. I think it has right amount they are just not in right places and to many layers . And the problem starts with osu being in middle of nowhere and then hijacking Tulsa as thiers but not being close enough to do anything about it so Tulsa junior college is massive . Enid Muskogee and McAlester do not have schools and should. Then the juco are too independent. One thing Arkansas has done has assigned most of juco to a higher Ed institution. But Kansas version wouldn't not work in ok because of the population being more evenly distributed than Kansas. Also eastern ok is more geographically isolated so travel is more restricted. And there is not a bachelor's institution in entire western third if state. I know few live out there but it is a bit unreasonable. Plus so ok many of tech programs are in career tech centers instead of in jucos. And OU has a little mini system. Beside ou- Tulsa. They also control Rogers state and Cameron university

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

Missouri isn't any better...yes population is maybe a bit higher, buy 14 PUBLIC higher education institutions: MU, MSU, UMKC, MoS&T, UMSL in MU System. Then the directionals: UCM, SEMO, Southern, Western, Central, NW, and Truman (formerly NE). Lincoln and Harris-Stowe...missing any? Then the community college system as well...not as many of those, but they are funded fairly well by state statues.

Then for competition you have the privates: SLU, Maryville, Lindenwood, Rockhurst, Drury, WJC, Quincy might as well be in Missouri...and then a bunch of NAIAs.

So Missouri could/should look at doing the same and limiting how thin some of the distributions are...Southern and MSU are too close...NW and MWSU are too close, Harris-Stowe and LInocln are only two hours apart as HBCU's...
                      MO population is considerably higher.

That said, I would hope the answer is to cancel football at some of them instead of taking away educational opportunities.

Comment

• idk where this conv is going at this point. not realistically anyway. there are too many conflicting & competing interests to get into any of this. schools needing sports for enrollment at the dregs, jobs, impact on local economies, how the politics play it out, etc.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

May have been close to losing a couple of those before 2020 but COVID money bailed out some seriously underperforming schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
                            idk where this conv is going at this point. not realistically anyway. there are too many conflicting & competing interests to get into any of this. schools needing sports for enrollment at the dregs, jobs, impact on local economies, how the politics play it out, etc.
                            It’s going nowhere bro calm down. No one ever changed policy based on a message board thread. Just a bunch of dudes with nothing better to do shooting the ****.
                            Roll Chos!

Comment

• so we agree
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• It will be interesting to see what happens to higher education over the next decade.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X