Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

Yet there were still people calling for him to be fired at the time. Seemed dumb to me then. Say Wright gets fired for missing the playoffs this year. You fire your coach for missing the playoffs once?! That's an awesome atmosphere for potential candidates. I Don't disagree there are issues and troubling patterns, but I also don't believe that NW is some d2 mecca that great coaches are just dying to come to.
    How far does the program have to drop before you would call for changes? 5-4 with no PO's next year too?

Expectations are always high. Unreasonably of course. It's not that the rest of the MIAA has caught up, it's that we have fallen so far. Those "issues and troubling patterns" are multi-year running now. Really have to question whether you think it will get fixed, or if we'll simply drop to 3rd/4th in the MIAA annually and simply say "welp, I'm okay with that!"

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

How far does the program have to drop before you would call for changes? 5-4 with no PO's next year too?

Expectations are always high. Unreasonably of course. It's not that the rest of the MIAA has caught up, it's that we have fallen so far. Those "issues and troubling patterns" are multi-year running now. Really have to question whether you think it will get fixed, or if we'll simply drop to 3rd/4th in the MIAA annually and simply say "welp, I'm okay with that!"
      How many seasons of missed playoffs do you give the new guy before firing them?

Comment

do you REALLY think production is off that much or does it just not "feel" like a championship type team? you're still putting up numbers. you're still stopping people when its necessary. did ESU just absolutely put it on you last night or did you throw 6 INTS???

pitt was better than you last year. hands down. the other losses, riddled with turnovers. that a QB or OC problem? could the D tighten up? sure. that ultimately winds up being the DC problem. either his scheme or one of his position coaches are screwing the pooch with choice of personnel.

continuity keeps the recruiting wheels greased and the AD has to keep that rolling by allowing the HC to stay in place if at all possible.

Comment

At this point, the only way I would want Wright gone is if Todd Sturdy isn't gone before the end of the season. I think given RW's W-L record and his consistently great defenses will give him some grace. He still hasn't missed the PO's as a head coach and there is still a chance at PO's this year. This loss just means the margin for error is gone and they have a lot of work to do before facing some of the middle to upper teams left in the MIAA. However, if they don't make the PO's this year, you have to imagine that RW will be on a hot seat next season.

No matter what, TS is not the answer and he showed that last night. Next week's game at Fort Hays will determine the goals for the rest of the season and which of the assistants will have a job next season. If that game looks like last night, TS shouldn't make it to the bus without being fired.

Comment

How many times has a coordinator been fired mid season there?

Comment

Any hope of Hohensee staying healthy for an entire season we’re just that… hope. He made a horrible decision on the pick 6, but prior to that play, and the next drive, the Cats were moving right down the field. He completed every pass he threw tonight (unfortunately 1 to ESU). Would have he been the difference? Maybe, maybe not. It is concerning that our QB room behind him looked as poorly as it did. This is not a dominant defense right now, but I’m not sure any defense would hold up with an offense that is continually giving the ball back. That was ugly… you just have to hope it doesn’t carry over. It’s hard for me to think RW is on any kind of a “hot seat” right now. He wouldn’t be anywhere else in the country, but a few more games that look like this one and if the season ends with us looking up at multiple teams in the standings, there may very well be some real discussions from those in power and the people with the money. Thank goodness we kept Lincoln on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                How many times has a coordinator been fired mid season there?
                No idea, but what I saw last night was poor decision after poor decision. I have to imagine that someone on his staff could do at least as good of a job.

Comment

Every year Rw loses a ball game that he should not of.then gets beat In The playoffs.last year if that team was a AD team we would of won the national title.but nope got beat again.only one home playoff game no conference titles well he got a share of one and a tie is like kissing your sister.he needs to be gone asap the way he had them ready to play last night was bull ****.if he loses to mo worst he needs to be ran out of town.right now I just say fire him and then replace the hole coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                    Any hope of Hohensee staying healthy for an entire season we’re just that… hope. He made a horrible decision on the pick 6, but prior to that play, and the next drive, the Cats were moving right down the field.
                    If I remember right from our win last year, Hohensee breaks down if you can put pressure on him. He isn't really very good. But obviously NW doesn't have any better options right now.
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

If I remember right from our win last year, Hohensee breaks down if you can put pressure on him. He isn't really very good. But obviously NW doesn't have any better options right now.
                      He has his moments, he’s normally pretty good with legs when under duress, but he’s proven to be fragile. His pick 6 last night had nothing to do with pressure… 1st read quick out that was covered well and shouldn’t have been thrown. Came back out, marched down the field and took the lead, but got hurt somewhere on that drive and didn’t play the rest of the night.

Comment

Pitt made the mistake of keeping Beck too long. IMO he should have been gone after the 16 season.

Comment

Originally posted by southside View Post

hoping this is a crappy voice recognition (like my pos phone does). If not, someone needs to contact VP and see if he’s ok.
                          Hahahahaha you must have missed when me and Pipe went at it. There is nothing wrong, you just have to be able to translate that NW Educational Vernacular into something understandable.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post

Hahahahaha you must have missed when me and Pipe went at it. There is nothing wrong, you just have to be able to translate that NW Educational Vernacular into something understandable.
                            Now wait a Damm minute reload I went to University of special forces.us army.

Comment

Originally posted by visionpipe View Post

Now wait a Damm minute reload I went to University of special forces.us army.
                              o sh*t...come with something. dont make me call you out for stolen valor.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

He has his moments, he’s normally pretty good with legs when under duress, but he’s proven to be fragile. His pick 6 last night had nothing to do with pressure… 1st read quick out that was covered well and shouldn’t have been thrown. Came back out, marched down the field and took the lead, but got hurt somewhere on that drive and didn’t play the rest of the night.
                                Hey, I can remember in the past years when ESU would get a key player hurt…NW fans would say injuries are part of the game. I don’t feel sorry for y’all
                                During recruiting the last two QB’s that played last night wouldn’t even talk with ESU. NW has plenty of good players. ESU just takes what’s left over!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X