Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtxe View Post
    Hey, I can remember in the past years when ESU would get a key player hurt…NW fans would say injuries are part of the game. I don’t feel sorry for y’all
    During recruiting the last two QB’s that played last night wouldn’t even talk with ESU. NW has plenty of good players. ESU just takes what’s left over!
    Huh? I’m not asking for your sympathy. Hohensee has been hurt every year he’s played. Those are facts, not excuses. Injuries are part of the game. A couple years ago, Washburn’s starting qb got hurt, was replaced by a freshman and they beat us when we did have what you might call an elite defense. We’re clearly not recruiting/and or developing that position like we once did. The quarterback play last night was not good. No one is trying to take away ESU’s win.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenman View Post

How many seasons of missed playoffs do you give the new guy before firing them?
      2 max. But with the expectations we used to have, 1 is too many. Which is why I asked, when is it enough for you? When the program is middle of the pack MIAA?

Comment

Northwest ain't gonna let go of anybody. Good lord, just look at the baseball coach. He has sucked balls for 30 years and not been canned.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

do you REALLY think production is off that much or does it just not "feel" like a championship type team? you're still putting up numbers. you're still stopping people when its necessary. did ESU just absolutely put it on you last night or did you throw 6 INTS???

pitt was better than you last year. hands down. the other losses, riddled with turnovers. that a QB or OC problem? could the D tighten up? sure. that ultimately winds up being the DC problem. either his scheme or one of his position coaches are screwing the pooch with choice of personnel.

continuity keeps the recruiting wheels greased and the AD has to keep that rolling by allowing the HC to stay in place if at all possible.
          This is way more than 1 game.

Pitt really wasn't that much better last year. Pitt used to have higher expectations on the field too. Seems to finally becoming back for some on here. Turnovers happen, but averaging 28 points a game doesn't cut it at elite programs. Too much pressure on the D and they've covered losses more times than I can count.

New game, new world. Transfer portal has to be hit, hoping local talent develops through local recruiting isn't enough. AD's and HC's should know this. And this team needs QB's still, or someone who can develop them, which we haven't seen with Wright or Hohensee IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearsota View Post

At this point, the only way I would want Wright gone is if Todd Sturdy isn't gone before the end of the season. I think given RW's W-L record and his consistently great defenses will give him some grace. He still hasn't missed the PO's as a head coach and there is still a chance at PO's this year. This loss just means the margin for error is gone and they have a lot of work to do before facing some of the middle to upper teams left in the MIAA. However, if they don't make the PO's this year, you have to imagine that RW will be on a hot seat next season.

No matter what, TS is not the answer and he showed that last night. Next week's game at Fort Hays will determine the goals for the rest of the season and which of the assistants will have a job next season. If that game looks like last night, TS shouldn't make it to the bus without being fired.
            I don't dislike Wright. I think he's a better coordinator than HC. Completely different roles. I doubt he'd go back, if they wanted someone else. Not impressed with Sturdy one bit either.

Unless all injuries are healed, we're not going to win at Hays. Hope I'm wrong, but the QB room is burning right now.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Unless all injuries are healed, we're not going to win at Hays. Hope I'm wrong, but the QB room is burning right now.

whoa! thats a little extreme. ball control...

Comment

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

Martin at least looked serviceable, how you don't give someone else a chance before your backup throws 4 INTs is beyond me. They have 8 days to fix this, I don't know if that is enough time to set things straight, but motivation shouldn't be an issue now. It is win out or miss out.

Comment

Martin at least looked serviceable, how you don't give someone else a chance before your backup throws 4 INTs is beyond me. They have 8 days to fix this, I don't know if that is enough time to set things straight, but motivation shouldn't be an issue now. It is win out or miss out.
                  im personally wondering how something like that game happens. i mean outside of the obvious. was this kid brand new like never taken a snap? was emporia doing something to confuse him or was he just scared sh^tless?

Comment

They made it last year with 2 losses. Just don't lose three times.

Comment

im personally wondering how something like that game happens. i mean outside of the obvious. was this kid brand new like never taken a snap? was emporia doing something to confuse him or was he just scared sh^tless?
                      That is a great question. Kudos to ESU's defense for having that kid's number and making sure that he never got comfortable or in any kind of rhythm. I still look at the OC and wonder what he was seeing that gave him great confidence in the kid that would have you calling that many passing plays. Especially since he was telegraphing them that bad. Never thought I would be wishing NW would have run the ball more.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                        Northwest ain't gonna let go of anybody. Good lord, just look at the baseball coach. He has sucked balls for 30 years and not been canned.

For there to be a baseball coaching change at NW, that guy will have to either quit or die. Athletic Directors in d2 tend to be long on bull and short on balls.

Reminds me of the Mules basketball coaching situation that went on for years before the coach finally quit out of embarrassment.

Comment

You all act like this hasn't been coming for the 6 prior years. You can tell who has been paying attention and who the blind cheerleaders are. The offensive side has been built with duct tape, bubble gum, and paper clips (and a few ace bandages and late transfer RBs). Rich had 1 decision he had to get right in a get it right business and failed epically. Should have been another change made after year 1. Not everyone is destined to be a HC. Sometimes your limit is to simply be the best DC in the nation. Without the right OC to handle that entire side of the ball, plays, QB, recruiting, this all ends the same way. It's just the timing that can be changed. Take a lesson from SEKS, don't watch your program burn to the ground of irrelevance and then ask wait when did that happen?

Comment

Pretty sure Ruhnke hadn't taken a snap in a live game...Martin certainly hadn't...he's a Red-Shirt Frosh...Ruhnke is a redshirt sophomore...they didn't even let him take two snaps in victory formation vs MW last year...Wright had to kneel on it for 2 plays and he was so beat up he needed help getting back up.

Not sure how you come into a season with a starting QB with a LOOOONG history of missing games due to injury and have zero game experience in your backups.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                              Come on man...huge difference in program importance between Baseball and Football at NW. Loe never asks for anything and that's the main reason he's still around. Can't imagine influential donors will sit by and watch the football program go into the tank...they could easily force a change. Plus you have a new President that may not want to see the program slip too much under his watch.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Come on man...huge difference in program importance between Baseball and Football at NW. Loe never asks for anything and that's the main reason he's still around. Can't imagine influential donors will sit by and watch the football program go into the tank...they could easily force a change. Plus you have a new President that may not want to see the program slip too much under his watch.
                                That is always what it takes to make a coaching change.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X