Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA Non-Conference, Week 0, NEW OPPONENTS FOR ONCE!!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe they think they can find one yet still.
    i guess either that or the bye week > than the % bump you referenced from their pov.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      Pitt's schedule is out. Still looking for a week 4 opponent. Decided not having NSU and being maybe 9-1 was better than having NSU and maybe being 10-1...
      I don't think that is the correct decision.
      Win % is still the main driver. and having more wins is more meaningful than the schedule you play.
      The press release says they chose to only play 10 games. The fact that they got rid of a home game todo so tells me that someone dropped the ball In a big way.

Comment

• I didn’t even see the press release. Just the schedule.
        Yea, Johnson had a miscalculation here. The appetite for scheduling a non con with us was lower than the price it demanded. 10 games is not beneficial.

Comment

I didn’t even see the press release. Just the schedule.
          Yea, Johnson had a miscalculation here. The appetite for scheduling a non con with us was lower than the price it demanded. 10 games is not beneficial.
          10 games doesn't hurt you come playoff time. That one has been proven over and over.

That said, I dislike the sales job JJ is giving. Trying to paint it as a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

10 games doesn't hurt you come playoff time. That one has been proven over and over.

That said, I dislike the sales job JJ is giving. Trying to paint it as a good thing.
            It doesn’t if you have a win percentage of 1.000. It does if you lose 1 of 11 versus 1 of 10. In seeding, and depending on SOS or how many losses are in the region, you could be borderline to get in.

Comment

• In 2021 when NW's game against Lincoln was canceled, the positive effect on their SOS was actually .024 greater than the negative effect on their winning percentage, and the committee (rightly, IMO) apparently treated it as a wash. But the conference was a complete round-robin silo other than that game, so it was obvious what their numbers would have been had the game been played, and I think a team actively being rewarded for not playing a game wouldn't have felt right.
              Last edited by Inkblot; 04-02-2024, 09:21 PM.

Comment

It doesn’t if you have a win percentage of 1.000. It does if you lose 1 of 11 versus 1 of 10. In seeding, and depending on SOS or how many losses are in the region, you could be borderline to get in.
                Has never worked out that way.

And , in region doesn't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                  In 2022 when NW's game against Lincoln was canceled, the positive effect on their SOS was actually .024 greater than the negative effect on their winning percentage, and the committee (rightly, IMO) apparently treated it as a wash. But the conference was a complete round-robin silo other than that game, so it was obvious what their numbers would have been had the game been played, and I think a team actively being rewarded for not playing a game wouldn't have felt right.
                  Had Ferris’ unreal SOS been slightly lower that year, Pitt and Ferris might have swapped seeds.

Comment

Has never worked out that way.

And , in region doesn't matter.
                    I’m talking about the total losses in a region, not region opponents. If you’re looking at multiple 1-loss teams, and some have 10 games versus some having 11, it makes difference in being seeded and getting a home game, or not even making the cut at #7.

It has worked out that way, just last year. No way Ferris was an unseeded level team, but they had fewer games and even less D2 games. Granted at the top of the level in SR3 the differences are minute, but had Truman not lost that second game, there was an argument for FSU to have been left out.

The year before, when Ferris had that SOS in the mid 600s but 1 loss in 10 games, they barely had the 2-seed ahead of us.

Comment

Had Ferris’ unreal SOS been slightly lower that year, Pitt and Ferris might have swapped seeds.
                      I wrote the wrong year initially – it was 2021 I was referring to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I wrote the wrong year initially – it was 2021 I was referring to.
                        Thats right, it was.

Comment

The press release says they chose to only play 10 games. The fact that they got rid of a home game todo so tells me that someone dropped the ball In a big way.
                          Wonder if they ever reached out to Central Washington or vice versa?

That would have been a beneficial game for both sides.

Comment

Why didn't they get a 2-year deal with Sioux Falls after playing them last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post

Why didn't they get a 2-year deal with Sioux Falls after playing them last year?
                              At the time week zero hadn't passed and they didn't have matching open dates for 24. So they did a 1 year only deal.

The date should definitely have been filled, though. There's no excuse for letting NSU out of a guaranteed home game, and not filling that slot.

From a football standpoint, I don't think losing NSU hurts much, but from a financial standpoint. "Hey we peed away about 200 grand worth of home game income, but we still need people to donate." Is pretty tough to swallow.

Comment

I’m talking about the total losses in a region, not region opponents. If you’re looking at multiple 1-loss teams, and some have 10 games versus some having 11, it makes difference in being seeded and getting a home game, or not even making the cut at #7.

It has worked out that way, just last year. No way Ferris was an unseeded level team, but they had fewer games and even less D2 games. Granted at the top of the level in SR3 the differences are minute, but had Truman not lost that second game, there was an argument for FSU to have been left out.

The year before, when Ferris had that SOS in the mid 600s but 1 loss in 10 games, they barely had the 2-seed ahead of us.
                                I think it does when it does and doesn't when it doesn't.

I remember the LSC guys being mad as hell when 8 or 9 win NW teams got in over other teams. May have even happened twice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X