Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA Non-Conference, Week 0, NEW OPPONENTS FOR ONCE!!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As far as playoffs go, Pitt has a whole new Offense and brand new HC. A winning season may be at risk, let alone the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      As far as playoffs go, Pitt has a whole new Offense and brand new HC. A winning season may be at risk, let alone the playoffs.
      I feel like it's going to be an interesting season for a lot of teams in the MIAA.

Comment

• Based on what is in the PSAC feeds, looks like they're all looking for in-season matchups with Mercyhurst moving on. Same situation the NSIC had last year having a bye week when Upper Iowa leaving for the GLVC. LONG drive, but some potential good non SR3 competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
          Based on what is in the PSAC feeds, looks like they're all looking for in-season matchups with Mercyhurst moving on. Same situation the NSIC had last year having a bye week when Upper Iowa leaving for the GLVC. LONG drive, but some potential good non SR3 competition.
          I was hoping it would be Northwest Missouri State since they have the same week open, but they have a week 0 game. Anyone know of any MIAA schools looking for a game Oct. 26th?

Comment

I think it does when it does and doesn't when it doesn't.

I remember the LSC guys being mad as hell when 8 or 9 win NW teams got in over other teams. May have even happened twice.
            In ‘05 NW made it in with a 7-3 record and proceeded to win 4 straight road games and then lost by 4 pts to GVSU in AL. Hard to argue they weren’t a playoff deserving team. The vast majority of NW’s playoff berths came after 10 or 11 win season and a couple 9 win season. I don’t recall them ever getting in with 8 wins

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              In ‘05 NW made it in with a 7-3 record and proceeded to win 4 straight road games and then lost by 4 pts to GVSU in AL. Hard to argue they weren’t a playoff deserving team. The vast majority of NW’s playoff berths came after 10 or 11 win season and a couple 9 win season. I don’t recall them ever getting in with 8 wins
              Yeah. I don't know the exact number of wins. I just remember the lsc guys complaining because they had a couple of 10 game seasons in a row and got in anyway. I think it was early to mid 2000's because it was around the time 05 Pitt limped into the playoffs with a bad D and an injured Germaine Race and murder death killed wt before getting handled at home by NW.

Comment

As far as playoffs go, Pitt has a whole new Offense and brand new HC. A winning season may be at risk, let alone the playoffs.
                This post was 3 days late.

Comment

• By my count there are still 3 MIAA schools (Central Missouri, Central Oklahoma, and Northeastern State) that havent posted a schedule and/or havent shown up on another schedule elsewhere.

Yes I know NEOSU isnt technically MIAA football anymore.

LSC still has Central Washington, Kingsville, and Western New Mexico without schedules but some of the teams are showing up on other sites.

RMAC has Mesa and New Mexico Highlands without schedules.

NSIC has Mary and Duluth without schedules.

GLVC has Quincy, Upper Iowa, and William Jewell without schedules.

GLIAC has Davenport, Ferris, Northern Michigan, and Roosevelt without schedules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

GLIAC has Davenport, Ferris, Northern Michigan, and Roosevelt without schedules.
                    Ferris is out, just maybe not on their website, I know it has been out on twitter. NMU and DU have not released but have 10/9 known games. https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...schedules-2024

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

Ferris is out, just maybe not on their website, I know it has been out on twitter. NMU and DU have not released but have 10/9 known games. https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...schedules-2024
                      Found Ferris State schedule on twitter. Thank you.

Comment

• Anybody hear anything about a possible Davenport vs Central Missouri matchup? Sounds like DU is in discussions with a team for an 11th game. Nothing official and I have not been able to find out who the opponent might be other than it will be a "big and exciting match-up". Could that mean UCM being that they both have week 3 open right now?

Comment

Anybody hear anything about a possible Davenport vs Central Missouri matchup? Sounds like DU is in discussions with a team for an 11th game. Nothing official and I have not been able to find out who the opponent might be other than it will be a "big and exciting match-up". Could that mean UCM being that they both have week 3 open right now?
                          I had heard talk of something like this a couple weeks back but then nothing. It would make a lot of sense for Davenport to travel to UCM this season and then UCM head north in 2025. Would like to see it become official and plan a road trip to Michigan next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mule Dad View Post

I had heard talk of something like this a couple weeks back but then nothing. It would make a lot of sense for Davenport to travel to UCM this season and then UCM head north in 2025. Would like to see it become official and plan a road trip to Michigan next year.
                            The HC at DU did mention they have a road game in Missouri this year, but not sure if that would be UCM or WJC.

Comment

The HC at DU did mention they have a road game in Missouri this year, but not sure if that would be UCM or WJC.
                              From what others have said, it sounds like DU hasn't been super willing to play tough noncons like that in the past.
                              Last edited by Predatory Primates; 04-18-2024, 01:19 PM.

Comment

From what others have said, it sounds like DU hasn't been super willing to play tough noncons like that in the past.
                                Well, considering the way that program has been progressing in the GLIAC (and, other than GV and Ferris, that's a pretty low bar), Davenport seems ready to toughen their schedule up to keep up with their neighbors in Allendale and the big, bad Bulldogs of Ferris.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X