Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MIAA Non-Conference, Week 0, NEW OPPONENTS FOR ONCE!!!!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
    Anyone heard anything about UCM's schedule yet? Non-conference options for the Mules are starting to be pretty slim pickings
    I continue to check multiple sources weekly and nothing yet. After cross referencing schedules of other potential opponents the only one remotely close that I can find without a schedule released is still Davenport who had open weeks matching UCM (Week 0 and Week 3). There are a few back east as well that I don't think would be reasonable options.

Any other potential matchups that I might have missed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mule Dad View Post

I continue to check multiple sources weekly and nothing yet. After cross referencing schedules of other potential opponents the only one remotely close that I can find without a schedule released is still Davenport who had open weeks matching UCM (Week 0 and Week 3). There are a few back east as well that I don't think would be reasonable options.

Any other potential matchups that I might have missed?
      Southwest Baptist has a W7 opening that could be flexed to W0. Not a real marquee matchup, but it's close by at least. Mississippi College has a W0 opening, and they're about as far away as Davenport would be. West Florida has a W0 opening too, but that might be stretching it in terms of distance. That's about it though, without going into NAIA territory
      Last edited by Finchwidget; 05-15-2024, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• UCM's 2024 schedule is out now.

https://ucmathletics.com/sports/football/schedule/2024

Comment

• I was skeptical Davenport would schedule UCM, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Kudos to DU for not shying away from a tough opponent, and of course a great get for the Mules as well. Should be a great game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
            I was skeptical Davenport would schedule UCM, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Kudos to DU for not shying away from a tough opponent, and of course a great get for the Mules as well. Should be a great game!
            I’m assuming part of their willingness was that prior to scheduling UCM Davenport only had 3 home games and I know they were desperate to get a 4th, and it would appear options were limited.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

I’m assuming part of their willingness was that prior to scheduling UCM Davenport only had 3 home games and I know they were desperate to get a 4th, and it would appear options were limited.
              Additionally it helps with Davenports chances of getting into the playoffs with the GVSU/Ferris taking two spots. If DU gets a win over UCM those chances go up

Comment

• Looking beyond 2024, UNK's AD was on the radio today and teased that they were working on home and homes with Chadron and Wayne State for 25 and 26. On the one hand, this will be beneficial by generating alumni/fan interest and limiting travel. On the other hand, if this is something they renew every season, UNK will essentially be putting itself into a silo again. I'm all for in-state rivalry games, but I also enjoy seeing some new teams once in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
                  Looking beyond 2024, UNK's AD was on the radio today and teased that they were working on home and homes with Chadron and Wayne State for 25 and 26. On the one hand, this will be beneficial by generating alumni/fan interest and limiting travel. On the other hand, if this is something they renew every season, UNK will essentially be putting itself into a silo again. I'm all for in-state rivalry games, but I also enjoy seeing some new teams once in a while.
                  I was on the understanding that SW Minn was a 1 year agreement, because of Jamestown entering the NSIC to fill the gap left by Upper Iowa. This might mean that the NSIC is looking to change up their scheduling too. Any NSIC people want to hop in

Same article from News Channel Nebraska also mentioned discussion of football scheduling and possible conference expansion.

"Bauer says the conference is discussing two different scheduling models. One of them establishes three open weeks at the start of the season. The open slots allow for non-conference games. One of the open weeks could be traded for a bye later in the year."

https://central.newschannelnebraska....series-in-2025

Comment

• Updated now that Missouri Southern, Fort Hays, Central Oklahoma, and Central Missouri have updated/released schedules and I've had time to check. Schedule is complete.

NE'stern has released their schedule. Here it is for kicks n giggles

Week0: Missouri Western
                    Week1: @Central Missouri
                    Week2: Bye
                    Week3: @Fort Hays
                    Week4: Missouri Southern
                    Week5: @Emporia
                    Week6: Lincoln (MO)
                    Week7: UCO
                    Week8: Lincoln (CA)
                    Week9: @NW Missouri
                    Week10: @ Mississippi College
                    Week11: Washburn

NE'Stern was able to get out of UNK and Pitt State. Pitt State has an open week on Sept 28, while UNK filled that spot with Chadron Week 0 and took a Week2 bye. Interesting to see what the ChickenHawks have up their sleeve for '25, have 7 games scheduled (8th @Lincoln TBD) 4 GLVC opponents, Saginaw St, Mississippi College, Lincoln CA, and a road trip to D1 North Alabama. How much did Josh Looney pay for that one?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post

I was on the understanding that SW Minn was a 1 year agreement, because of Jamestown entering the NSIC to fill the gap left by Upper Iowa. This might mean that the NSIC is looking to change up their scheduling too. Any NSIC people want to hop in

Same article from News Channel Nebraska also mentioned discussion of football scheduling and possible conference expansion.

"Bauer says the conference is discussing two different scheduling models. One of them establishes three open weeks at the start of the season. The open slots allow for non-conference games. One of the open weeks could be traded for a bye later in the year."

https://central.newschannelnebraska....series-in-2025
                      Well there are two ways to interpret that. Weeks 0-2 are open with a bye in one of those weeks. Or they may be planning an 8 game conference model and there may be traction to the UCM rumors. Unless they add a 12th game.
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

• Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

Well there are two ways to interpret that. Weeks 0-2 are open with a bye in one of those weeks. Or they may be planning an 8 game conference model and there may be traction to the UCM rumors. Unless they add a 12th game.
                        Sounds like weeks 0-2 are open for 25 and 26.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
                          Updated now that Missouri Southern, Fort Hays, Central Oklahoma, and Central Missouri have updated/released schedules and I've had time to check. Schedule is complete.

NE'stern has released their schedule. Here it is for kicks n giggles

Week0: Missouri Western
                          Week1: @Central Missouri
                          Week2: Bye
                          Week3: @Fort Hays
                          Week4: Missouri Southern
                          Week5: @Emporia
                          Week6: Lincoln (MO)
                          Week7: UCO
                          Week8: Lincoln (CA)
                          Week9: @NW Missouri
                          Week10: @ Mississippi College
                          Week11: Washburn

NE'Stern was able to get out of UNK and Pitt State. Pitt State has an open week on Sept 28, while UNK filled that spot with Chadron Week 0 and took a Week2 bye. Interesting to see what the ChickenHawks have up their sleeve for '25, have 7 games scheduled (8th @Lincoln TBD) 4 GLVC opponents, Saginaw St, Mississippi College, Lincoln CA, and a road trip to D1 North Alabama. How much did Josh Looney pay for that one?
                          Also interesting no return trip with Saginaw in ‘26.

Comment

• Six home games as an independentamd couple of winnable games. I'll take it . The 25 schedule looks pretty good

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X