• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Lol Yeah the Packers seat 80k not 8k.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
      I am willing to bet it sells out at least 50% of the games it's first season if not more. And by the next season Hughes should be on a roll.

Comment

It's gonna be a pretty good-sized stadium for a D3/NAIA program.

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
          It's gonna be a pretty good-sized stadium for a D3/NAIA program.
          Hahaha!!!!

Even in their down years WT laughed you out of the building, and your stadium is actually titled "No Mans Land at." Based on Google mid-game images I assume that pre-cursor is actually referencing the OPSU attendance.

http://www.opsuaggies.com/sports/201...tab=facilities

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by We-Are-Lions View Post
              Hahaha!!!!

Even in their down years WT laughed you out of the building, and your stadium is actually titled "No Mans Land at." Based on Google mid-game images I assume that pre-cursor is actually referencing the OPSU attendance.

http://www.opsuaggies.com/sports/201...tab=facilities
              All I remember about OPSU's stadium is the corral at the west end where they hold the cattle between games.

Comment

Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. I hope you'll come out to see a game when we're playing in it and make your own assessment.

There is one thing I am really pissed about; I had just bought a $1,200 pair of mil spec night vision goggles to watch games at Kimbrough. Now I won't need them after this season.

Comment

Kimbrough is in pretty rough shape is still something to keep in mind. Locker rooms are a joke, parking lot is half dirt, etc

Comment

With the pending demise of football in the Lone Star Conference and the fact that some of the area D2 conferences have conference-only schedules, you rednecks will find that you will be playing more and more D3 and NAIA schools.

Act quickly. There may be one more slot for a football playing school in the Sooner Athletic Conference. It looks like D3 football in Texas may be getting a little more crowded so that option is fading away.

I understand now why WT's new football field is being located where it is. The ultimate plan is to use it for holding pens for the livestock for that fancy new ag building you'all are building. (Seriously, I've seen it. That is a nice place.)

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                      Kimbrough is in pretty rough shape is still something to keep in mind. Locker rooms are a joke, parking lot is half dirt, etc

Comment

Canyon ISD is to blame but it worked out for them by ruining it

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                          Canyon ISD is to blame but it worked out for them by ruining it
                          Its appalling what WT allowed. It would be like finding a squater that trashed your mansion while you lived there and instead of throwing them out or insisting they pay for damages you just go out and get a major loan for a smaller house and give the mansion to them.
                          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                            Its appalling what WT allowed. It would be like finding a squater that trashed your mansion while you lived there and instead of throwing them out or insisting they pay for damages you just go out and get a major loan for a smaller house and give the mansion to them.
                            Well said. The ink is dry now though. Hope it works out for all parties.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                              Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. I hope you'll come out to see a game when we're playing in it and make your own assessment.

There is one thing I am really pissed about; I had just bought a $1,200 pair of mil spec night vision goggles to watch games at Kimbrough. Now I won't need them after this season.
                              Chip, you are a patient man. One question, could it be that WT bean counters looked at statistics and saw college football attendance has been declining for some time now and decided to go smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by OPSUALUM77&81 View Post
                                With the pending demise of football in the Lone Star Conference and the fact that some of the area D2 conferences have conference-only schedules, you rednecks will find that you will be playing more and more D3 and NAIA schools.

Act quickly. There may be one more slot for a football playing school in the Sooner Athletic Conference. It looks like D3 football in Texas may be getting a little more crowded so that option is fading away.

I understand now why WT's new football field is being located where it is. The ultimate plan is to use it for holding pens for the livestock for that fancy new ag building you'all are building. (Seriously, I've seen it. That is a nice place.)
                                http://amarillo.com/news/local-news/...-push-amarillo

Texas A&M just announced a new veterinary education and research center that will be built as a part of the agriculture education complex. This will be a $22 million addition to the campus.

Also, A&M is moving it's veterinary diagnostic lab from the Amarillo medical center to the WT campus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X