Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

WT sold this for half a mil, and is then going to spend $30 mil for a 8000 seat joint? The absurdity of such is beyond the realm of believable.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
      Nutso. Why don't they make it 4000 so it will be really packed out? Or 2000 and make it REALLY deluxe? Or about how seating for 200, but all of those get to sit in massage chairs?

What happened to this, that the student referendum was for?

http://www.wtamu.edu/about/student-s....aspx#capacity

http://www.canyonnews.com/students-v...ampus-stadium/
      After checking the article you linked, it does seem a bit of a bait & switch. The students voted in favor of a $152 INCREASE PER SEMESTER in athletic fees to get a 12,000 seat stadium. Now they are getting 75% of what was promised for their money. Of course, I am sure this means WT will voluntarily reduce the fee increase accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
        After checking the article you linked, it does seem a bit of a bait & switch. The students voted in favor of a $152 INCREASE PER SEMESTER in athletic fees to get a 12,000 seat stadium. Now they are getting 75% of what was promised for their money. Of course, I am sure this means WT will voluntarily reduce the fee increase accordingly.

Comment

Enrollment now exceeds 10,000

Comment

Ford dealer: "Sir, I know you paid for an Expedition, but trust me, you are going to like this Taurus MUCH better. It has more GADGETS and it parks ALL BY ITSELF!"
            Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 03-11-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

I believe it's going to be be around $40 million. The $32 by the students, the rest in fundraising and corporate sponsorship. I do find it interesting that the "study" a few years back said 12k fans was the sweet spot and now it's supposedly 8k.
              Last edited by BuffTough; 03-11-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                WT sold this for half a mil, and is then going to spend $30 mil for a 8500 seat joint? The absurdity of such is beyond the realm of believable.

You are right, but remember, we have collected $26 in rent from CISD since 1991. They probably spent 2-3 times that much on maintenance!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                  Ford dealer: "Sir, I know you paid for an Expedition, but trust me, you are going to like this Taurus MUCH better. It has more GADGETS and it parks ALL BY ITSELF!"
                  Hahahahaha. Jake, you always provide a good laugh. You and Herb are spot on. If this rendition is NOT what the students voted for, then another vote should be taken. Sounds like Admin is selling WT fans short or they have no expectations to need the extra room.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                    Hahahahaha. Jake, you always provide a good laugh. You and Herb are spot on. If this rendition is NOT what the students voted for, then another vote should be taken. Sounds like Admin is selling WT fans short or they have no expectations to need the extra room.
                    To late! The old stadium is already sold! This has no choice but to go through now. I am still a believer that a new stadium is needed. Kimbrough is a disaster. But to say 8k is now the sweet spot from 12k a year ago is insane. l guess they got a new algorithm from the previous year.

Comment

• Last edited by buffalobill; 03-12-2018, 09:34 PM.

Comment

I have also started to become very curious what all the extra bells and whistles will be. If ACU can build a 9,000 seat concrete stadium for $45 million, how come it's costing WT roughly $40 million to build an 8k seat metal bleacher stadium? This made a lot more sense when it was understood that we were getting a stadium 25% larger that Wildcat Stadium. From what I understand ACU's new stadium very much so has plenty of Bells and Whistles. It's more of a curiosity thing now. How many Bells and Whistles are just for "Box Holders". I am a Buffalo Club member and am curious what all I will have access to.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BuffTough View Post
                            I have also started to become very curious what all the extra bells and whistles will be. If ACU can build a 9,000 seat concrete stadium for $45 million, how come it's costing WT roughly $40 million to build an 8k seat metal bleacher stadium? This made a lot more sense when it was understood that we were getting a stadium 25% larger that Wildcat Stadium. From what I understand ACU's new stadium very much so has plenty of Bells and Whistles. It's more of a curiosity thing now. How many Bells and Whistles are just for "Box Holders". I am a Buffalo Club member and am curious what all I will have access to.
                            ACU's new stadium is one butt ugly joint. Not sure who picked out the colors.

Comment

Great post Buff Bill. No reason to mention you dont have a sheep skin, you are a die hard Buff Fan. My Dad starting taking me to Buff games in the early 60s as a young child and he was at the opening of Buffalo Bowl on 1959 against the U of AZ. What a dissapointment this new stadium plan is. Hell Dick Bivens looks better . Why not sell corporate suites. This whole thing seems like a cluster ---- . If they had of kept the Bro maintained we could of stayed there. Another thing I cant Believe in a huge BB game tonite in Canyon only 1990 fans show up. What the heck.

Comment

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post
                                Great post Buff Bill. No reason to mention you dont have a sheep skin, you are a die hard Buff Fan. My Dad starting taking me to Buff games in the early 60s as a young child and he was at the opening of Buffalo Bowl on 1959 against the U of AZ. What a dissapointment this new stadium plan is. Hell Dick Bivens looks better . Why not sell corporate suites. This whole thing seems like a cluster ---- . If they had of kept the Bro maintained we could of stayed there. Another thing I cant Believe in a huge BB game tonite in Canyon only 1990 fans show up. What the heck.
                                I guess we're just from another era obviously! But I hope that a new era emerges. At some point, surely they'll figure it out!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X