Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: WT New Stadium

Originally posted by chivas_gold View Post
    It is true plants and concrete are not friend due to the root, I was very surprised, when I plan a tree on my front lawn, how deep grass roots go. Now I am very interested how they are going to do it. Or maybe they are skipping all together. As the stadiums looks okay with out. But in my opinion green hills will be nice. I guess they can also use artificial turf.
    Maybe they're going to paint the concrete green and call it grass. Maybe I'm just dense. I don't see how putting dirt down and throwing some sod on top will work. How will it be stabilized? What about irrigation? What about drainage? What about a heavy rain washing it all down? I don't see it. Someone explain it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Maybe they're going to paint the concrete green and call it grass. Maybe I'm just dense. I don't see how putting dirt down and throwing some sod on top will work. How will it be stabilized? What about irrigation? What about drainage? What about a heavy rain washing it all down? I don't see it. Someone explain it to me.
      I believe you are right. No way they can throw top soil and lay sod, one good rain and its gone. I would guess artificial grass....if anything.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          I believe you are right. No way they can throw top soil and lay sod, one good rain and its gone. I would guess artificial grass....if anything.
          Hmm. I have artificial grass on our house's xeriscaped landscaping. It get's so freaking hot in the summer, the dog acts like he's walking on needles when he rushes on and off to do his business.

Comment

I think they can reinforce the dirt with geo grip. I can ask a buddy of mine who graduated as civil engineer tomorrow I bet he will have some insights.

Comment

I think they can reinforce the dirt with geo grip. I can ask a buddy of mine who graduated as civil engineer tomorrow I bet he will have some insights.
              Please enlighten us. I know WT admin types read this board. Maybe one of them can tell us how the berms will be addressed. Or they could use a surrogate. Either way would be helpful in answering this question.

Comment

Please enlighten us. I know WT admin types read this board. Maybe one of them can tell us how the berms will be addressed. Or they could use a surrogate. Either way would be helpful in answering this question.
                So far that has been my only disappointment with the stadium. Grass on the berm is infinitely better than concrete.

Comment

The press releases say natural grass berms on the north and south ends for seating. Either they have a way to make it happen or something in the plan changed. I went back and looked to make sure it said natural grass

Comment

Hodgetown's right field seating is a grass incline, though it doesn't appear to be as steep.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post

Hodgetown's right field seating is a grass incline, though it doesn't appear to be as steep.
                      It's super uncomfortable haha. I tried find pictures to see if they laid a concrete slab before the grass and couldn't find any with a slab. If WTs are going to be artificial on concrete it may be super uncomfortable considering Hodgetowns wasn't great to sit on. I definitely think WTs berms are much steeper

Comment

I remember back like 2011 or 2010 or maybe earlier than than, back went WT student used to seat on the hill at Kimbrough, I remember seen a few students slip down trying to get up from the incline hill. I even meet a student who broke her collarbone, I blame her as she was wearing flip flops and decide to go on the hill. I hope berm is not going to be as high as incline as it was at Kimbrough.

Comment

I remember back like 2011 or 2010 or maybe earlier than than, back went WT student used to seat on the hill at Kimbrough, I remember seen a few students slip down trying to get up from the incline hill. I even meet a student who broke her collarbone, I blame her as she was wearing flip flops and decide to go on the hill. I hope berm is not going to be as high as incline as it was at Kimbrough.

I don't think we have to worry about that!

Comment

Originally posted by HeyBeerManTX View Post

that's a nice field there

Comment

A few updated photos around Buffalo Stadium. Info on turf and the berms included with text.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2371061802689?

Comment

Thank you. Glad to get some clarification on the berm areas for seating

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X