Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by texcap View Post
    Off topic, but do any of the WT posters know what this is all about? (WTAMU Biology professor indicted for illegally importing many mammal specimens.)

https://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com...d-species-act/
    Damn, I hate to see stuff like this. I think Texas A&M needs to come in and do some serious ass kicking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Damn, I hate to see stuff like this. I think Texas A&M needs to come in and do some serious ass kicking.
      I am guessing you think this is McBroom's fault also.

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• I was looking at Tarleton's and ACU's schedules, and noticed almost all of their football games will be on ESPN+. That seems like a very good thing. Paying $10 per game to watch WT's amateurish production is excessive. For about $8 per month we could watch professional broadcasts of our former D2 rivals turning into D1 juggernauts!

Even North American provides streaming for free. To be fair, the one game I watched (against ENMU) was much more amateurish than WT's production.

Wait though, another reason to build the fabulous on-campus stadium was to have ESPN regularly come in and televise our games. How's that working out?

Comment

I was looking at Tarleton's and ACU's schedules, and noticed almost all of their football games will be on ESPN+. That seems like a very good thing. Paying $10 per game to watch WT's amateurish production is excessive. For about $8 per month we could watch professional broadcasts of our former D2 rivals turning into D1 juggernauts!

Even North American provides streaming for free. To be fair, the one game I watched (against ENMU) was much more amateurish than WT's production.

Wait though, another reason to build the fabulous on-campus stadium was to have ESPN regularly come in and televise our games. How's that working out?
          WT announced their schedule today. The two non-conference games are against Western State on the road and Adams State at home. Obviously Adams State is a turd but Western State could be a big SOS get if they are able to duplicate last years record. Road games against ASU and MSU will be tough. All in all I cant complain. Eleven D2 games and no more NAIA games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

WT announced their schedule today. The two non-conference games are against Western State on the road and Adams State at home. Obviously Adams State is a turd but Western State could be a big SOS get if they are able to duplicate last years record. Road games against ASU and MSU will be tough. All in all I cant complain. Eleven D2 games and no more NAIA games.
            Thanks for the update. I am very glad to see no NAIA teams scheduled! Western State was 10-2 last year with a 6 point loss to Mines. I don't see WT beating them unless they lost a lot of players, especially since Hughes teams are slow starters.

It's hard to evaluate CWU. They were 8-3 last year, but 7 of those wins came against WOU, Simon Fraser, Lincoln, and the New Mexico teams. They also beat MSU but lost to Angelo. I predict they will defeat WT.

WT won't beat Angelo and will be hard pressed to beat UTPB, Kingsville, and Midwestern. The easy wins next year should be Simon Fraser, WNMU, and Adams State. However, last year's game against WOU was supposed to be easy.

I'm sorry to see Simon Fraser scheduled for mid November. If it were in September or October I might go up for that. I was impressed with the colors in Western Washington and SE Alaska last October.

Prediction: 6-5.

Comment

Thanks for the update. I am very glad to see no NAIA teams scheduled! Western State was 10-2 last year with a 6 point loss to Mines. I don't see WT beating them unless they lost a lot of players, especially since Hughes teams are slow starters.

It's hard to evaluate CWU. They were 8-3 last year, but 7 of those wins came against WOU, Simon Fraser, Lincoln, and the New Mexico teams. They also beat MSU but lost to Angelo. I predict they will defeat WT.

WT won't beat Angelo and will be hard pressed to beat UTPB, Kingsville, and Midwestern. The easy wins next year should be Simon Fraser, WNMU, and Adams State. However, last year's game against WOU was supposed to be easy.

I'm sorry to see Simon Fraser scheduled for mid November. If it were in September or October I might go up for that. I was impressed with the colors in Western Washington and SE Alaska last October.

Prediction: 6-5.
              10-1 (best case 11-0.....worst case 9-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Maybe if Polivoda kicks 8 or more field goals per game.

Comment

• What is with the constant coaching staff turnover at WT? I get that it is part of small college football, but it seems more prevalent at WT. I am hearing that there are multiple staff members that have moved on to other places already this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I will go for the "lower" end of that and predict 9-2 and 8-3 at the worst. Caveat to that will be the losses. As I stated earlier in the thread they will have to run the table against Adams and Western Colorado and win 2 out of 3 against ASU, CWU, and MSU to be in good position for a playoff spot.

Comment

I will go for the "lower" end of that and predict 9-2 and 8-3 at the worst. Caveat to that will be the losses. As I stated earlier in the thread they will have to run the table against Adams and Western Colorado and win 2 out of 3 against ASU, CWU, and MSU to be in good position for a playoff spot.
                      I would love to see WT go undefeated for the next 10 years, but I do not understand how you guys think all of a sudden they are going from marginal to great. As far as I know they have the same coaching staff that was 1-2 in 2000 and 5-4 in 2001 against D2 teams.

6-5 is an optimistic prediction.

Comment

I would love to see WT go undefeated for the next 10 years, but I do not understand how you guys think all of a sudden they are going from marginal to great. As far as I know they have the same coaching staff that was 1-2 in 2000 and 5-4 in 2001 against D2 teams.

6-5 is an optimistic prediction.
                        Well for the LSC they have turned into a contender through attrition (Tarleton, Commerce) the last couple of years. If those two teams were still there then no chance.

Comment

Well for the LSC they have turned into a contender through attrition (Tarleton, Commerce) the last couple of years. If those two teams were still there then no chance.
                          Fair enough, but Angelo is much better than how they played us, Kingsville and UTPB should be better, and CWU is a wildcard. Also Western CO will be tough. We lost to WOU last year, giving up something like 550 yards of offense. It's a road game again this year.

It's a shame we have to count on good teams moving up to have a better record.

Comment

Fair enough, but Angelo is much better than how they played us, Kingsville and UTPB should be better, and CWU is a wildcard. Also Western CO will be tough. We lost to WOU last year, giving up something like 550 yards of offense. It's a road game again this year.

It's a shame we have to count on good teams moving up to have a better record.
                            There is a lot of truth to ASUPops Statement. WT "could" go 11-0 if they upgrade at the right positions with better offensive play calling or have a 7-4 finish and no playoffs. Tarleton and Commerce were the teams I felt WT couldn't beat even on their best day and they are gone. ASU and MSU are very good but can be inconsistent at times and can be had if they are off and they were against WT. We would need a Central Washington fan in here to tell us if they lost a lot due to graduation. Looks like they return their QB and RB.

What I don't like with WT's schedule are the road games at Western Colorado, Angelo State, and Midwestern. That is going to be a big ask.

They are going to have to go undefeated at home to have a chance at it.

The way WT's schedule is set up we will know after the week 8 game against Central Washington if they are going to the playoffs or not.

Comment

There is a lot of truth to ASUPops Statement. WT "could" go 11-0 if they upgrade at the right positions with better offensive play calling or have a 7-4 finish and no playoffs. Tarleton and Commerce were the teams I felt WT couldn't beat even on their best day and they are gone. ASU and MSU are very good but can be inconsistent at times and can be had if they are off and they were against WT. We would need a Central Washington fan in here to tell us if they lost a lot due to graduation. Looks like they return their QB and RB.

What I don't like with WT's schedule are the road games at Western Colorado, Angelo State, and Midwestern. That is going to be a big ask.

They are going to have to go undefeated at home to have a chance at it.

The way WT's schedule is set up we will know after the week 8 game against Central Washington if they are going to the playoffs or not.
                              I made my predictions for WT and will stand by them, right or wrong.

Comment

• So a 6th year coach whose record is below .500 against D2 teams is going to lead WT to an unbeaten regular season? It COULD happen but it won't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8&t=64s
                                Last edited by WT_TKW; 02-13-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X