Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Pretty much every university president does two things: Get more students, which leads to getting more money. If he's not doing the first, the second's a whole heck of a lot harder.

I know for me that one of the reasons New Haven was even on my radar for college choices was because I heard about them when the football team went and beat UConn when I was in high school. And that was in the Northeast, where football is definitely not the top sport.

Schools can be good academically and athletically, it is certainly possible. New Haven hired a president who could commit to both. You would think with a president who has fairly strong ties to Texas, that Wendler would be more capable at figuring that out at WT.
    aTm likes to put over the hill guys at WT. Guys already on Medicare. 3 years later they do it again. Gramps is always the president at WT. That’s what happens when you give your school away…

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

There is a real lack of leadership at Wt now. Our Pres. is simply playing out the string till his retirement.
      Mc Broom was hired by the previous AD, Ed Harris, to be Ed's replacement when he retired.
      The plan was for Mc Broom to be trained by Harris and take over. That is what happened.

I have gotten to know McBroom well over the last several years. He truly wants each sport to be successful.
      The issue with boosters is that hindsight is 20/20. It's easy to say Hugh's was a bad hire. Mook (SB),
      Morgan (VB), Brown (MBB), and Prock (WBB) have all been very good hires. Mattio (WBB) was an end-of-season promotion
      that record-wise turned out to be a good hire. McBroom uses the same process to hire every HC. It's hard for me to say that the
      process is flawed or his judgment is not good. The two notable outliers were Nesbitt and Patel. (Patel is now HC at ASU)
      Both of those were forced mid-season hires when the HC left and McBroom could not take time to implement his hiring process.
      So, what is the problem with football?? Clearly coaching is part of the problem. I do not believe that it's 100% of the problem.
      With a proven track record of hiring success, there must be other factors at play. I have no clue what they are.
      Problem is most of the LSC has gotten better and WT hasn't.

WT doesn't have the bottom dweller Okie schools to kick around like they did 10 years ago.

The only turds left are Eastern New Mexico and Simon Fraser and I wouldn't sleep on Eastern New Mexico.

Coaching is mostly the problem as I feel opposing head coaches/coordinators adjust in the second half and WT goes down unless they build a big lead.

Hughes isn't bad.

He is slight above average but the problem may lie with the coordinators not being up to par.

It's going to boil down to if McBroom and gang are happy with 7-4 records and non-playoff seasons.

Unfortunately this is where it hurts being D2.

Admin isn't going to give a rats a$$ about 20 total fans unhappy on the D2 board and Facebook pages combined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Problem is most of the LSC has gotten better and WT hasn't.

WT doesn't have the bottom dweller Okie schools to kick around like they did 10 years ago.

The only turds left are Eastern New Mexico and Simon Fraser and I wouldn't sleep on Eastern New Mexico.

Coaching is mostly the problem as I feel opposing head coaches/coordinators adjust in the second half and WT goes down unless they build a big lead.

Hughes isn't bad.

He is slight above average but the problem may lie with the coordinators not being up to par.

It's going to boil down to if McBroom and gang are happy with 7-4 records and non-playoff seasons.

Unfortunately this is where it hurts being D2.

Admin isn't going to give a rats a$$ about 20 total fans unhappy on the D2 board and Facebook pages combined.
        Being D1aa won't change that! H3ll being a low level D1a won't change that either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post

Huh? When did this happen? No way this happened.
          Page 11 last paragraph.
          https://online.flippingbook.com/view/509122/12/

Comment

aTm likes to put over the hill guys at WT. Guys already on Medicare. 3 years later they do it again. Gramps is always the president at WT. That’s what happens when you give your school away…
            ASU hired an old fart for Prez. He has been fantastic to date

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
              Oh my. I bet his employer might not like that. Since when is it “moral” to direct customers away from the company that employs you to its competitors? He’s got a screw loose. That makes zero sense.

Comment

Oh my. I bet his employer might not like that. Since when is it “moral” to direct customers away from the company that employs you to its competitors? He’s got a screw loose. That makes zero sense.
                Page 4, a forward by John Sharp.

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Page 4, a forward by John Sharp.
                  So WT and John Sharp are working together to point out that attending WT your freshman and sophomore years isn’t as good a value as junior colleges? Is that A&M’s business model now for the entire system, or just for that dinky afterthought school up in the panhandle?

I am tired of A&M’s crap. I want my school back, complete with a board of regents that puts my school first, not last.

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post
                    ASU hired an old fart for Prez. He has been fantastic to date
                    If 60's is an old fart, yes they did.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

If 60's is an old fart, yes they did.
                      Since the General and I attended ASU at the same time, I guess I can say that.

Comment

So WT and John Sharp are working together to point out that attending WT your freshman and sophomore years isn’t as good a value as junior colleges? Is that A&M’s business model now for the entire system, or just for that dinky afterthought school up in the panhandle?

I am tired of A&M’s crap. I want my school back, complete with a board of regents that puts my school first, not last.
                        It's not the model for Tarleton or Commerce.

UT has so many students they (strongly) suggest going to one of their satellite schools - like UT-Arlington for the first couple of years. One of my friend's daughter did that, and now as a junior she is at UT-Austin.

A&M has done some good things. WT has a growing engineering program and some doctoral programs thanks to A&M. The standards are higher. When I was a freshman, they told us during orientation that half of us would be gone the next year. That's no longer the case.

WT has a history of bad leadership. The Roach Motel. Cancelling football for a year and giving CISD a 99 year $1 lease on our stadium, that we paid to use and watched it run down. Giving the stadium and the land to CISD for the price of a nice home. Telling prospective students to go somewhere else.

I didn't like some of what Pat did as President, but overall I think he did a good job. The school has been sinking since he left.

Comment

Huh? When did this happen? No way this happened.
                          Yep. It's been happening. Wendler's proud of his visiting every high school in the Panhandle. He always encourages students to save money by going to a community college first. It's no wonder enrollment has gone down recently.

Comment

• It's possible the WT coaching decision will sort itself out very soon after the season ends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes resign. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has another job lined up. I wouldn't be surprised if our AD already knows this.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Unless it's finding my wife making my first cup of coffee in the morning. That would be surprising!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Yep. It's been happening. Wendler's proud of his visiting every high school in the Panhandle. He always encourages students to save money by going to a community college first. It's no wonder enrollment has gone down recently.
                              And this pitch is endorsed by John Sharp and the A&M System? Is John Sharp running around Texas telling A&M hopefuls the same thing I presume?

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                                It's possible the WT coaching decision will sort itself out very soon after the season ends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes resign. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has another job lined up. I wouldn't be surprised if our AD already knows this.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Unless it's finding my wife making my first cup of coffee in the morning. That would be surprising!
                                You are probably right. You and I talk to the same people. Sure is quiet concerning football.
                                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X