Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Then give everyone a "voucher" redeemable for WT gear when they return said "voucher" to the FB presentation. Lot's of ways to get people to show up instead of always having your hand out. Besides, it's always the usual suspects who show up and open their checkbooks (like me). We need to broaden the depleted FB base. This may have sounded like a good way to do it, but the administration misread the consumer and overplayed their hand with a weak hole card.
    Agree 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Then don't use state funds...
      A public university who is state funded and receives federal funding can not GIVE money to Alumni association members or anyone else as a "promo".

Is that more clear?

Please, let's not play semantics. We are both too educated for that.

Comment

• WT has had a couple of scrimmages now. was wondering if anyone has gone to either one. I am curious about what the offense looks like.

Comment

• WT spring game is Saturday, April 22, at 10 am. We all can get a preview then.

Comment

• The Buffalo Club memberships not even posted anymore. No excitement for WT Football.

Comment

• Buffalo Club membership details and levels of support are easily found on the WT Athletics website gobuffsgo.com. So what are talking about?

Comment

WT football fans have been "burnt." The herd has thinned exponentially. It will take some time and a couple of successful seasons to rebuild fan enthusiasm. We're in "show me" mode.

I would have done this event entirely differently. Imagine a mailing list including every season ticket holder. Every member of the Buffalo Club (duplicates culled). Imagine a nice invitation mailed to each of those fans. Imagine a crisp new $10 bill in each invitation asking the invitee to give the new guys a hearing. Imagine the invitation invites each fan to come to the event and bring the $10 bill with you (or just keep it if you're not interested). At the event, the new coaching staff does their thing as originally outlined. Get everybody jacked up!

Off course, at the end of the event everyone is encouraged to donate the $10 back to the program.....and please help with an additional donation to cover the cost of the event (say $100 per person or whatever you think the dinner and show was worth) .....and then, if so inclined, invest even more in the new WT football program. At the very least, people might just show up.

Otherwise, asking for $100 tickets and additional contributions from "burnt" WT football fans is akin to an insurance salesman asking you to write the annual premium check on a new policy before he even shows up to make his sales pitch.

Hey, I'm just a small businessman with 51 years of experience as a business owner. What do I know? Well, I do know sometimes you have to read your custom and come up with imaginative approaches to get the customer in the door. If you can't get them in the door, it's hard to make the sales pitch. And even harder to close the sale.

Just my suggestion to the people in charge.
                With increased ticket prices how about a "Bring a Friend" Promotion? Buy 2 season tickets at the regular price, and get an adjoining seat free. (or at the most 1/4 price)
                Do something to get more people in the seats! Last Basketball season I bought 4 season tickets. I used two myself and brought several other couples to select games.
                One of my guest couples has already asked how to get season tickets. I understand that currently, the Basketball teams are a better product. It will take a year or two to bring
                Football back.
                The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
                  Buffalo Club membership details and levels of support are easily found on the WT Athletics website gobuffsgo.com. So what are talking about?
                  They use to post a listing of individual Buffalo Club members and their donations level. They no longer do that probably because the number of members are significantly declined. The failure to launch the April fund raiser shows how depleted the Buffalo Club membership list has become.

Comment

• Even though Lynn is a great hire its going to be show us the successful product before peeps commit to the product.

Remember several years ago it was "We hired the defensive guru from Pueblo - We are back baby!!" posts back then.

Nick Saban could be on the WT sidelines but if the team continues to be 5-6 then fans and support ain't coming.

Comment

• Looks like things are getting more interesting in WT land.

https://www.newschannel10.com/2023/0...amu-president/

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                        Looks like things are getting more interesting in WT land.

I was WT immediately after the Roach presidency battles but it sounds very familiar. It was still the talk of campus.

Comment

WT football fans have been "burnt." The herd has thinned exponentially. It will take some time and a couple of successful seasons to rebuild fan enthusiasm. We're in "show me" mode.

I would have done this event entirely different. Imagine a mailing list including every season ticket holder. Every member of the Buffalo Club (duplicates culled). Imagine a nice invitation mailed to each of those fans. Imagine a crisp new $10 bill in each invitation asking the invitee to give the new guys a hearing. Imagine the invitation invites each fan to come to the event and bring the $10 bill with you (or just keep it if you're not interested). At the event the new coaching staff does their thing as originally outlined. Get everybody jacked up!

Off course, at the end of the event everyone is encouraged to donate the $10 back to the program.....and please help with an additional donation to cover the cost of the event (say $100 per person or whatever you think the dinner and show was worth) .....and then, if so inclined, invest even more in the new WT football program. At the very least, people might just show up.

Otherwise, asking for $100 tickets and additional contributions from "burnt" WT football fans is akin to an insurance salesman asking you to write the annual premium check on a new policy before he even shows up to make his sales pitch.

Hey, I'm just a small businessman with 51 years experience as a business owner. What do I know? Well, I do know sometimes you have to read your customer and come up with imaginative approaches to get the customer in the door. If you can't get them in the door, it's hard to make the sales pitch. And even harder to close the sale.

Just my suggestion to the people in charge.
                          https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2023/4/10...postponed.aspx

Comment

• Yeah, we got the new invite in the mail today. Kick-off is better than doing it now. When season ticket renewals have gone out. People are starting to think football, etc.

Comment

Yeah, we got the new invite in the mail today. Kick-off is better than doing it now. When season ticket renewals have gone out. People are starting to think football, etc.
                              Agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post
                                Looks like things are getting more interesting in WT land.

I'm just getting caught up after my 5 week trip. So it's been okay with the faculty and John Sharp for Wendler to tell prospective students to go somewhere else but now that he's canceled a DRAG show, he's in trouble? There should be a cable sitcom called "WT - WTF?" with the scripts based on the WT administration's buffoonery.

Fire Wendler NOW, and get McBroom while you are at it! I might start contributing to the Buffalo Club again if they get them both.

All this talk about moving to D1 is just a waste as long as either of those guys is in Canyon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X