Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

West Texas A&M Athletics and head football coach Josh Lynn invite members of Buff Nation to join the Buffs for a WT Football Fundraiser on Thursday, April 20th inside of Legacy Hall inside of the Jack B. Kelley Student Center.

Enjoy a night filled with fellowship, food and football as Coach Lynn and his staff share the fundamentals and future plans of the program in an engaging four-quarter program. Tickets are $100 and can be purchased online HERE.

Schedule of Events
    Tailgate – 5:30 p.m.
    1st Quarter – Welcome & Dinner (6:35 p.m.)
    2nd Quarter – Offensive Game Plan with Chase Kyser (7:15 p.m.)
    Halftime – Staff Introductions (7:30 p.m.)
    3rd Quarter – Defensive Game Plan with Levi Gallas (7:45 p.m.)
    4th Quarter – Head Coach Josh Lynn (8:00 p.m.)
    Post-Game After Party – 8:30 p.m.
    So basically a Senior Citizens dinner at WTAMU? 😉

Comment

• First time for a football event like this at WT that I can recall. Basketball has a fundraiser event in the fall that has been very successful and well attended. Got my ticket and looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

As long as that defensive game plan includes some deep zone or cover 2 deep in the 4th quarter to prevent wide receivers from getting behind the defense to win games at the end I am good seeing it on the field minus the $100.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

As long as that defensive game plan includes some deep zone or cover 2 deep in the 4th quarter to prevent wide receivers from getting behind the defense to win games at the end I am good seeing it on the field minus the $100.
          Lol.
          I think Pitt beating UNK that way last year taught the staff not go go man in that situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldbuff View Post
            First time for a football event like this at WT that I can recall. Basketball has a fundraiser event in the fall that has been very successful and well attended. Got my ticket and looking forward to it.
            Me too. Got our tickets and already made a contribution.

Comment

• I 100% get the Buffoon fans, just like us Cowboy fans they get all excited and buy into the hype every year. And here they go again!!

As far as me and my Cowboys, I ain't a buyin' this year. I will buy in again when they win the NFC Championship.
              Last edited by ASUPops; 04-09-2023, 07:48 PM.

Comment

I 100% get the Buffoon fans, just like us Cowboy fans they get all excited and buy into the hype every year. And here rgey go again!!

As far as me and my Cowboys, I ain't a buyin' this year. I will buy in again then they win the NFC Championship.
                Yeah I am the same way with the Cowboys.

You could bring back Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders in their prime but doubt Dak could hit them in the number and/or in stride 1 out of 3 times.

Comment

They're the ones with the money and the time to attend.

Comment

I 100% get the Buffoon fans, just like us Cowboy fans they get all excited and buy into the hype every year. And here rgey go again!!

As far as me and my Cowboys, I ain't a buyin' this year. I will buy in again then they win the NFC Championship.
                    Heck I would be thrilled to just making a NFC Championship game.Going on 28 years now with no divisional playoff game win…

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Yeah I am the same way with the Cowboys.

You could bring back Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, and Deion Sanders in their prime but doubt Dak could hit them in the number and/or in stride 1 out of 3 times.
                      I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

They're the ones with the money and the time to attend.
                        Hahaha, very true!

Comment

• Originally posted by WT&TTECHfan View Post
                          Heck I would be thrilled to just making a NFC Championship game.Going on 28 years now with no divisional playoff game win…
                          Yes Sir....and I feel every one of those 28 years!

i guess, you are right....first MAKE IT to the NFC Championship game.

Comment

I 100% get the Buffoon fans, just like us Cowboy fans they get all excited and buy into the hype every year. And here they go again!!

As far as me and my Cowboys, I ain't a buyin' this year. I will buy in again when they win the NFC Championship.
                            At the very least, WT now has a HC who has proven he can have a winning program, win LSC conference championships, and make the playoffs (even in the highly regarded MIAA). Will it happen in year one? Very doubtful. I don't think that is "buying into the hype."

I remember when Hughes was hired. On here I said to give him four years. If he was not winning an LSC championship or making the playoffs it would be time to move on. The Covid year disrupted that, prolonging the inevitable.

I won't even make such a suggestion with Lynn. His record speaks for itself. Past success usually predicts future success. If WT can have a winning season this year....good. Year two should be getting down to the type of team Lynn has taken into battle in the past.

Comment

• At UNK, Lynn inherited a program with 18 schollies in the MIAA, so I think the improvements will come quicker at WT. In 3 years, he'll have a nice team together, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                At UNK, Lynn inherited a program with 18 schollies in the MIAA, so I think the improvements will come quicker at WT. In 3 years, he'll have a nice team together, imo.
                                I went to a couple practices. There's a LOT of work to be done. Take that as an understatement.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X