Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

I made my predictions for WT and will stand by them, right or wrong.
    Trust me I hope they come true. To me WT and the Dallas Cowboys are the same with the hype until proven differently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Trust me I hope they come true. To me WT and the Dallas Cowboys are the same with the hype until proven differently.
      Here's to Hughes getting the head coaching job in Dallas. He can take his entire staff with him. 707

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

Here's to Hughes getting the head coaching job in Dallas. He can take his entire staff with him. 707
        NO THANKS!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm not sure if you know this, but Dallas's current OC played his HS football only about an hour from CWU and is in the same conference as Ellensburg's HS team.

Comment

I posted a joke on Facebook a couple of months ago that Oklahoma hired Jason Garrett to replace Lincoln Riley. Every OU fan lost their mind. :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I'm not sure if you know this, but Dallas's current OC played his HS football only about an hour from CWU and is in the same conference as Ellensburg's HS team.
              Yeah Dallas fans were hoping he would get hired as a head coach somewhere else. Nice guy but his play calling wouldn't confuse a high school defensive coordinator.

Comment

Really, what town? I have driven through Washington a few times.

I found a good place for cheap gas is George.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

NO THANKS!!!!!!!
                  Yeah, I am thinking Bill O'Brien would be a better candidate!

Comment

Really, what town? I have driven through Washington a few times.

I found a good place for cheap gas is George.
                    Prosser Mustang

Comment

• Originally posted by the tav View Post

Prosser Mustang
                      Also should note it is on I-82, not I-90, Of course a former Cowboy backup played at CWU and I'm sure most WT fans know that, Too bad for them WT got Ryan Leaf who seemed more about himself than his team when at WSU.

Prosser though, they were a state power for years under Kellen Moore's dad at the 2A level.

Comment

Yup. Born & raised in Prosser. His dad Tom was the HS HC until Kellen graduated.

Comment

Also should note it is on I-82, not I-90, Of course a former Cowboy backup played at CWU and I'm sure most WT fans know that, Too bad for them WT got Ryan Leaf who seemed more about himself than his team when at WSU.

Prosser though, they were a state power for years under Kellen Moore's dad at the 2A level.
                          Ryan had a lot of talent but just couldn't handle the mental game. He was the golf coach and QB coach at WT. He really helped our QBs but just couldn't stay off the junk. I hope he's better now.

Comment

• Note from gobuffsgo. The games sites with western Colorado on the road and adams state at home have switched. Western Colorado travels to WT and WT travels to Adams Staten. I like that trade.

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2022/5/23...-football.aspx

Comment

Regarding Nesbitt, it was posted on this forum that long before Carthel was fired, that McBroom was introducing Nesbitt as "the next head football coach". Also months before Carthel was fired someone in this forum posted that "O'Brien has given McBroom the green light to fire Carthel". Whether one or both of these are actually true, I don't know. Also, remember Spanishgate? Nesbitt got a pass on that even though the whistleblowing player said Nesbitt was very aware of what was going on. Instead a lowly assistant coach was fired. Spanishgate was a lot more serious than Ranger tickets. It didn't take long after being caretaker for a year for Nesbitt to wreck the program. I don't recall anyone else being interviewed.

I agree about Hughes. He seemed like a great candidate. However being a good coordinator does not necessarily lead to being a good head coach, e.g., Nesbitt.

Maybe UTPB is just a fantastic team and Hughes can overcome the loss. I really hope so. Maybe Commerce after a year off has lost something and we can beat them. Maybe we can slip by Angelo or Mines.. Maybe the coaches can figure out that to win they have to unleash Gerber instead of waiting until 3rd down. Maybe some day Hughes will realize the kicking game is actually important. Maybe too many maybes.

I live over 600 miles from Canyon, so I will have to decline your invite, though it is appreciated. I have been to 2-3 volleyball matches and I enjoyed them, I went to a Lady Buffs basketball game in 2015. Sorry, I just hate basketball, at any level. I used to come up 3-4 times per year for football and the same for softball. However I haven't been anywhere near there since the last game at Kimbrough. Somebody else can enjoy the Club Level.
                              Over a year later and the story is still the same. However I can add that the other coach we wanted, currently at Valdosta State, has a 4-5 record this year. So much for evaluating "good" football coaches.

Comment

Over a year later and the story is still the same. However I can add that the other coach we wanted, currently at Valdosta State, has a 4-5 record this year. So much for evaluating "good" football coaches.
                                What I find interesring is that Michael McBroom got his masters from one of my alma maters, and his 1st AD job was WTAMU. WHY IN THE WORLD would WT hire an AD that has never been an AD???

Also,Carthel just started 1 year before McBroom. And was there 7 seasons with McBroom.......so,it must not be McBroom that's the problem.

I read his bio, and he sounds GREAT.

https://gobuffsgo.com/staff-director...ael-mcbroom/16

The difference may you your president, who arrived in 2016. Don't know.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X