Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
    It's possible the WT coaching decision will sort itself out very soon after the season ends. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hughes resign. I wouldn't be surprised if he already has another job lined up. I wouldn't be surprised if our AD already knows this.

Nothing surprises me anymore. Unless it's finding my wife making my first cup of coffee in the morning. That would be surprising!
    I would be surprised if Hughes had a job lined up, unless it's a coordinator job, and let's face it our defense has been pretty spotty this year.

Comment

• This picture comes from a forum on Facebook. While I don't agree with the term "stooge" I don't think these guys are very popular with the majority of fans and/or alumni. I would like to see them all go, and give WT a fresh start. The new admin can hire a junior recruiter to visit Quitaque, Booker, Claude, etc., hopefully to recruit students. The better recruiters can try to make Amarillo students, including some good athletes, not laugh at the thought of going to WT,

Comment

• Here's a list of growing universities. It's no surprise WT is not on it, but a familiar name is.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...h=163d4aa6b533

Comment

• Originally posted by AngeloFan View Post

Since the General and I attended ASU at the same time, I guess I can say that.
          Well, you are HARDLY an old fart!

Comment

• Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post

I would be surprised if Hughes had a job lined up, unless it's a coordinator job, and let's face it our defense has been pretty spotty this year.
            We'll see. It won't be long.

Comment

This picture comes from a forum on Facebook. While I don't agree with the term "stooge" I don't think these guys are very popular with the majority of fans and/or alumni. I would like to see them all go, and give WT a fresh start. The new admin can hire a junior recruiter to visit Quitaque, Booker, Claude, etc., hopefully to recruit students. The better recruiters can try to make Amarillo students, including some good athletes, not laugh at the thought of going to WT,

Wendler sure has some snazzy hair!!!

Is it a prerequisite for WTAMU presidents to have the "Charles Stanley" hair style??

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

Wendler sure has some snazzy hair!!!

Is it a prerequisite for WTAMU presidents to have the "Charles Stanley" hair style??
                No. Pat was somewhere between Hughes and McBroom.

Comment

• how are the other WT teams doing? haven't kept up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                    how are the other WT teams doing? haven't kept up.
                    VB is undefeated in LSC play, #2 in the region, and #11 in the Nation
                    MBB - #1 LSC preseason, and #5 in the nation.
                    They open the season against #1 N. West Missouri
                    WBB - #1 LSC preseason, and #6 in the nation.
                    They open the season against #4 Fort Hays

I have been to a few men's practices. This will be a typical Tom Brown team. Good shooters and a very strong team defense.
                    We will be 8-9 players deep. Expectations are high for a deep run.

I have been to several women's practices and attended a preseason game against the University of New Mexico in ABQU. (lost by 8)
                    This team is much improved over last year's team that went to the Elite Eight. Wt is 10 deep and 12 players will see extended playing time.
                    We have a roster of 16. We return 4 of last year's starters plus the starting 2 guard that had a season-ending knee injury one week before
                    the season started. The team will play tough man-to-man defense. Expectations are very high.

Have been to one fall Soft Ball game against a Juco. The softball appears to be improved, pitching will be better.
                    A few of the returning players are in new positions. One of the incoming freshmen is the South Dakota payer of the year. She is the real deal.

You can see them all play on the LSC network. Worth your time and money.
                    Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 11-04-2022, 04:12 PM.
                    The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

VB is undefeated in LSC play, #2 in the region, and #11 in the Nation
                      MBB - #1 LSC preseason, and #5 in the nation.
                      WBB - #1 LSC preseason, and #6 in the nation.

Looks like to me the AD knows what he's doing.

Comment

...with sports you evidently don't care about. I don't care about basketball either, but I do follow softball.

Pops, what's that sport that's #1? Is it track and field, soccer, or ...?

Comment

...with sports you evidently don't care about. I don't care about basketball either, but I do follow softball.

Pops, what's that sport that's #1? Is it track and field, soccer, or ...?
                          At WT? Women's (fill in the blank).

Everywhere else, FOOTBALL.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

At WT? Women's (fill in the blank).

Everywhere else, FOOTBALL.
                            Oh, yeah that's it. The one WT has sucked at for 9 seasons.

Comment

Forgot to mention Cross Country

The men’s race will feature nine-time defending champion West Texas A&M as the Buffs hope to become just the second men’s program in conference history to win 10 consecutive titles. WT ranked 27th nationally, is led by returning all-conference runners Innocent Murwanashyaka, Jay Hall, and Gustavo Posada. The Buffs have one team win in 2022, opening the season with a victory at the Big Country Festival.

Eastern New Mexico (2011, 2012) and Texas A&M-Kingsville (1984, 1986) are the other teams with LSC men’s cross-country titles.

WT’s Murwanashyaka enters the meet in the pursuit of a second straight individual championship after besting the field in 2021 with a time of 25:16.51. The senior was the third Buff to claim top honors in the past five seasons.

The men’s event also features three other returning all-conference runners, including DBU’s Jeb Williamson, Oklahoma Christian’s Colten Brown, and St. Edward’s Dylan Sequeira.

On the women’s side, DBU looks for a third consecutive title after claiming last year’s championship by a narrow three-point margin over WT. The Patriots, currently ranked No. 8 in NCAA Division II, are led by five returning all-conference performers Madison Brown, Rylee Cristan, KayCee Keller, Jenna Thorman, and Marissa Insinna. DBU has won a pair of meets in 2022, including the Orville Rogers Cross Country Open and the DBU Old Glory Gallop.

The Lady Buffs also head into the championships nationally ranked, landing at No. 26 in the most recent poll. WT is looking for its first conference title on the women’s side since 2013 and is aided by returning all-conference performers Eleonora Curtabbi, Betty Bajika, and reigning individual champion Florance Uwajeneza.
                              Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 11-04-2022, 08:40 PM.
                              The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

• Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post

Forgot to mention Cross Country

The men’s race will feature nine-time defending champion West Texas A&M as the Buffs hope to become just the second men’s program in conference history to win 10 consecutive titles. WT ranked 27th nationally, is led by returning all-conference runners Innocent Murwanashyaka, Jay Hall, and Gustavo Posada. The Buffs have one team win in 2022, opening the season with a victory at the Big Country Festival.

Eastern New Mexico (2011, 2012) and Texas A&M-Kingsville (1984, 1986) are the other teams with LSC men’s cross-country titles.

WT’s Murwanashyaka enters the meet in the pursuit of a second straight individual championship after besting the field in 2021 with a time of 25:16.51. The senior was the third Buff to claim top honors in the past five seasons.

The men’s event also features three other returning all-conference runners, including DBU’s Jeb Williamson, Oklahoma Christian’s Colten Brown, and St. Edward’s Dylan Sequeira.

On the women’s side, DBU looks for a third consecutive title after claiming last year’s championship by a narrow three-point margin over WT. The Patriots, currently ranked No. 8 in NCAA Division II, are led by five returning all-conference performers Madison Brown, Rylee Cristan, KayCee Keller, Jenna Thorman, and Marissa Insinna. DBU has won a pair of meets in 2022, including the Orville Rogers Cross Country Open and the DBU Old Glory Gallop.

The Lady Buffs also head into the championships nationally ranked, landing at No. 26 in the most recent poll. WT is looking for its first conference title on the women’s side since 2013 and is aided by returning all-conference performers Eleonora Curtabbi, Betty Bajika, and reigning individual champion Florance Uwajeneza.
                                So with all these AMAZING "who cares sports" accomplishments, why is football such a sh!t show?

I say the admin doesn't like football.

Maybe they caught a wedgie or got poled in high school by the football team's waterboy?? But, whatever it is, football is not important to them.

And you can uptalk every other sport you wish, BUT you and I know that football is god in Texas. What other sport has a "Friday Night Lights" in Texas? NONE!

If a university wins a football Natty, every other sport could be last place and nobody cares.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X