Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    Hughes is pushing hard for Sul Ross to join the LSC so he can add another win, just like Simon Fra…. Oh.
    Sul Ross played Kingsville tough for a time earlier this year.

Looking at what WT is keeping (coaching) and losing (players) I would expect them to be picked at the bottom of the conference next year.

Comment

So we are keeping a defensive HC that cant seem to coach defense and bringing in a new Offensive Coordinater. Ridiculous. WT Admin needs to grow a pair and fire him. If I went 7 years not hitting my goals where I work I would be long gone.

Comment

WT vs OUAZ

Who y’all picking?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffan78 View Post
          So we are keeping a defensive HC that cant seem to coach defense and bringing in a new Offensive Coordinater. Ridiculous. WT Admin needs to grow a pair and fire him. If I went 7 years not hitting my goals where I work I would be long gone.
          This is my guess, I've heard nothing definitive on that. And yes a defensive coach who's defense hasn't been that great is reassuring. It only makes sense to fire the man, so the next year will not make sense and will delay the inevitable. I've been a supporter of Hughes in the past but I'm fully off the train, he needs to go

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

Well if this is true then WT football and admin will get exactly what they deserve.

Hopefully there will be enough students left on campus to cheer on the remaining sports since that doesn't seem to be a priority either.
            It's true.

I agree. This is not a great time to be a Buffalo. 😞

Comment

I think WT should promote Will Wagner to Head Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                WT vs OUAZ

Who y’all picking?
                OUAZ by 31.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

It's true.

I agree. This is not a great time to be a Buffalo Football fan, 😞
                  Fixed it for ya

The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

When a coach is fielding a team that isn’t fully funded - and by a good stretch - it’s hard to blame the coach. Go talk to WT admin and ask them to fund the program. After that, it’s fair to evaluate a coach.

Hard to win a knife fight when you show up with a butter knife.

WT fans are being duped, but not by any ball coach. Clue phone’s ringing guys. Pick it up.
                    Last edited by Herb Street; 11-18-2022, 09:31 PM.

Comment

How many scholarships are they working with? And how many are the rest of the LSC teams working with?

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

When he was hired, Hughes, at least on paper, looked like a great hire. He was coming off a National Championship run at CSU-Pueblo as the DC of the most dominating defense in the country. I'm not sure there were a lot of other applicants that had the credentials that Hughes had.

The fact that it did not turn out the way WT hoped does not mean it was a bad hire, at least looking at it from the outside. Every hire is a bit of a crap shoot unless you have someone that has significant experience and it is a lateral move, which are few and far between.

What has exacerbated this situation is that WT has been unable (due to COVID years) or unwilling (for whatever reason) to pull the trigger and admit that it was a bad hire. That is what WT is guilty of in this case, not the initial hire.
                        So now is time to cut bait.. and start Fresh.. come on man just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by QB11111 View Post
                          WT vs OUAZ

Who y’all picking?
                          I went to a Ouaz game this year since I just live 20 min or so from their campus. I think they would beat WT at this point. Thats sad

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                            Yes, he and Nesbitt have sucked big time. Hughes will never be a good head coach at any level. Nesbitt at least has done well building a winning team at the NAIA level.
                            Nesbitt has found his niche,, people and players in Surprise AZ like him they get good crowds , nice little campus. Hope they dont schedule WT , I do not think my Buffs can beat them at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Street View Post
                              When a coach is fielding a team that isn’t fully funded - and by a good stretch - it’s hard to blame the coach. Go talk to WT admin and ask them to fund the program. After that, it’s fair to evaluate a coach.

Hard to win a knife fight when you show up with a butter knife.

WT fans are being duped, but not by any ball coach. Clue phone’s ringing guys. Pick it up.
                              So according to you, WT has an elite, expensive stadium and now can't afford players????

LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

So according to you, WT has an elite, expensive stadium and now can't afford players????

LMAO
                                Those that care about the program need to do a bit of homework.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X