X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• njmav1
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Do not understand why the league office didn't think this through and give all the members early weeks off to enhance their odds of finding an O.O.C. opponent. I'd hate to see teams playing a 10 game schedule.
    I think the league office thought it through. Every sport is affected- not just football.

Leave a comment:

• texcap
    replied
    Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Do not understand why the league office didn't think this through and give all the members early weeks off to enhance their odds of finding an O.O.C. opponent. I'd hate to see teams playing a 10 game schedule.
    With an odd number of teams in a conference, it means that there has to be at least one team that is off each week. NSIC will have 13 team next year so on any given week, 12 will be paying and the thirteenth will have to either have a bye, or play some team out of conference.

Leave a comment:

• vikingfaithful
    replied
    Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post
    I mostly follow along here, on this board, but have any of the NSIC squads filled their open dates?

Leave a comment:

• CollegeFBGuy
    replied
    I mostly follow along here, on this board, but have any of the NSIC squads filled their open dates?

Leave a comment:

• NSU4LIFE
    replied
    Originally posted by Otis Day View Post
    With a week 9 opening for the Coo, I guess I'll enjoy the bye week. Most teams across any division are going to be in the heart of conference play. I know it was 'random' but feels like a missed opportunity for a long awaited OOC game.
    Frustrating that some have dates listed and some have weeks. Depending what date us what weeks UIndy has an open date.

For those wishing this happened sooner, I'm sure there is a lot going into this. Perhaps some dates changing to arrange for shorter trips, if that's a concern. Maybe a school that wants to play would swap with a school that is fine with a bye. They could be working with other conferences or discussing payment for travel, etc.

Lots to pound out.

Interested to see if Northern schedules or not. I think the firey spirit of coach Schmidt would say "I want to play" but when that bye is the last week of the season I'm not sure that an additional game is going to be needed. You either survived the NSIC and are in position or you are outside looking in.

Sure it could help or hurt SOS but yeah, I am just curious and wouldn't be surprised if they just don't play.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    With a week 9 opening for the Coo, I guess I'll enjoy the bye week. Most teams across any division are going to be in the heart of conference play. I know it was 'random' but feels like a missed opportunity for a long awaited OOC game.
    It's hard to tell for sure but I think Ferris State might have an opening that week.

Leave a comment:

• Barndog
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!
    That would be a very long bus ride!!!! 11 hours plus

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMustang View Post
    Not sure why Kelly Loft hasn't gotten us a game scheduled yet for our open week. He must be on vacation
    UM-Morris won't return his calls.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Maybe Vandy has a opening- or is that in Week 11 for SEC teams? Week 9 is a tough week to find anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Otis Day
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    With all these open dates, I've got to believe that they'll be at least one GLIAC matchup coming. What I don't get is why it's taking so long to announce one.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    Looking at the open dates on the D2 main page...I'm not sure why MSU hasn't gotten ahold of Saginaw Valley State and scheduled a nice OOC and OOR game!
    That would be fun.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrMustang
    replied
    Not sure why Kelly Loft hasn't gotten us a game scheduled yet for our open week. He must be on vacation

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

NAIA is 24 scholarships. I don't think there's a roster limit either..but could be mistaken on that one. Often times the football program really supplements the school student enrollment as they are often smallish in size. D2 has plenty of that also.
    Definitely. I think SMSU is one that benefits from having football, enrollment wise.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X