Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of campus locations - someone left a stack of papers in the work printer about the University of Jamestown's Fargo campus, which apparently is a thing.

They only offer the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree on location at this campus.

UJ purchases campus building at Fargo - Jamestown Sun | News, weather, sports from Jamestown North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Not counting satellite campuses, there are 12 public four-years. 7 MnSCU and 5 U of M.

I'll have to look at private schools - Wikipedia lists about 30, but many of them are not four-years, like Adler. They also count seminaries, as well as Mitchell and CSU being separated from Hamline and SJU (when I would have combined them).

Curious to know what total# I can come up with now as my last count was several years ago already.
      Hmmm, I'm guessing the two I missed were Metro State and Rochester. I forget Metro State exists, and I did not know Rochester was a 4 year now. looks like that happened 5 years ago

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

Hmmm, I'm guessing the two I missed were Metro State and Rochester. I forget Metro State exists, and I did not know Rochester was a 4 year now. looks like that happened 5 years ago
        More knowledge. Just this instant, I learned there are both a UM-Rochester AND a RCTC ...

I honestly never knew there was both ... just thought people were calling the same school different names.

Comment

More knowledge. Just this instant, I learned there are both a UM-Rochester AND a RCTC ...

I honestly never knew there was both ... just thought people were calling the same school different names.
          Yup. There's also a Winona State Univesity-Rochester as well.

EDIT: I don't count that in the 12 since I consider them to be a satellite campus.
          Last edited by SW_Mustang; 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Without much background knowledge on the UM-Rochester campus is a medical program feeder to Mayo. I'm sure there are other degrees offered, but no athletics.

Knew a lot of guys that went to RCTC to be cops, not sure if that is a big push for them there?

Comment

I figured those were the two, haha.

Metro State started as a senior college and even after achieving university status, they more-or-less exist for the same purpose of serving non-traditional urban students (hence why they don't get talked about a lot).

UMR is the smallest school in the state with a sub-1000 enrollment, but if I remember correctly - they only offer a couple of healthcare-related degrees (or at least did when I was considering them). I know for a while UMD was offering MBAs through a satellite program as well. There has been talk about giving them an actual campus and trying to expand into a real university (and I believe there's been some development on that end).
              Last edited by SW_Mustang; 04-10-2024, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Without much background knowledge on the UM-Rochester campus is a medical program feeder to Mayo. I'm sure there are other degrees offered, but no athletics.

Knew a lot of guys that went to RCTC to be cops, not sure if that is a big push for them there?
                Correct on UMR. They offer two BS degrees, two MS degrees, two PhD's (in the same concentration as the MS degrees), and UMD offers MBAs at the UMR campus. I think one of the MS/PhD combos is offered in tandem with UMTC too.

I've been "on-campus" at UMR and I've also been in their dorms (which are really nice). Incredibly tiny school, but it has a purpose and seems to serve it well. No athletics, but they do have a mascot (Raptor). I considered them when I was looking at working in healthcare too, as I was told clinicals could be done at Mayo.

Comment

• Any word on Billeter deciding to leave Augustana being due to Jamestown?

That should get us closer to page 100 anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                    Any word on Billeter deciding to leave Augustana being due to Jamestown?

That should get us closer to page 100 anyway.
                    Yep that's how he ended his resignation letter. It was something like "See you NSIC, Jamestown sucks!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Yep that's how he ended his resignation letter. It was something like "See you NSIC, Jamestown sucks!!!!"
                      I had heard something very similar. I appreciate the clarification :)

Comment

• Really what's a Jimmie anyways? Was that the name of the guy who started the school? He's like "I'm naming the mascot after me and I'm going to wear my LARP costume for the mascot to look tough."

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post
                          Really what's a Jimmie anyways? Was that the name of the guy who started the school? He's like "I'm naming the mascot after me and I'm going to wear my LARP costume for the mascot to look tough."
                          I don't think it's as odd as a dragon in Moorhead, a pirate in Bismarck, a bear in St. Paul. The most odd pairing IMO is a group of Midwest Lutheran's collectively rallying under the name of people most famous for their raping and pillaging, raiding and colonizing...

Comment

• Everyone knows it's named after Sir Jimmie, a knight that fought for the good of mankind!

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
                              Everyone knows it's named after Sir Jimmie, a knight that fought for the good of mankind!
                              I saw what you did there!

The History of Sir Jimmie - University of Jamestown (uj.edu)

Comment

• Originally posted by FullThrottleSD View Post

I don't think it's as odd as a dragon in Moorhead, a pirate in Bismarck, a bear in St. Paul. The most odd pairing IMO is a group of Midwest Lutheran's collectively rallying under the name of people most famous for their raping and pillaging, raiding and colonizing...
                                A bear in St. Paul isn't as weird as a Gorilla in Kansas or a Buffalo in Colorado.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X