Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

I'd rather this conference burn to the ground than add anymore North Dakota Schools. Time to split
    There is close to enough schools currently to form a NCC. UMD. BSU, MSUM, NSU, CSP, SMSU, MSU, WSU, USF, AU and last, but not least WSC. Thats 11. Put an ultimatum onto ST Cloud, bring back FB and you're in. Voila a 12 team proper conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

There is close to enough schools currently to form a NCC. UMD. BSU, MSUM, NSU, CSP, SMSU, MSU, WSU, USF, AU and last, but not least WSC. Thats 11. Put an ultimatum onto ST Cloud, bring back FB and you're in. Voila a 12 team proper conference.
      12 is the devil's number. It allows a full silo to exist.

Comment

• I'm not sure why it was in my neck of the woods, but I saw the Jamestown bus yesterday. Must have been on it's way elsewhere since I don't recall any NAIA event happening in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
          I'm not sure why it was in my neck of the woods, but I saw the Jamestown bus yesterday. Must have been on it's way elsewhere since I don't recall any NAIA event happening in town.
          Spring recruiting carnival? Without athletes, they don’t have students. (55% joking…)

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

Spring recruiting carnival? Without athletes, they don’t have students. (55% joking…)
            Ha!

Looks like it was softball heading down to Dordt and pulled off for gas.

Comment

Ha!

Looks like it was softball heading down to Dordt and pulled off for gas.
              Dordt women won their first basketball national title last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

Dordt women won their first basketball national title last night.
                That's cool. Kinda wondered how that tournament ended up after the Jims exited.

Comment

• I'm not sure how this will affect the UMAC's plan that's intertwined with the greater re-alignment discussion, but Northland (WI) is on closure watch.

Expert explains risk if Northland College closes (northernnewsnow.com)

Comment

I'm not sure how this will affect the UMAC's plan that's intertwined with the greater re-alignment discussion, but Northland (WI) is on closure watch.

Leaves the door open for one. UMAC would be smart to take Mayville, and Valley City. Would get them to 8 football playing members and 9 overall if Northland closes

Comment

• Dakota State's Athletic Director retired yesterday - for another minor development.

Comment

• Mercyhurst, the current 15th-ranked team in the 18-team PSAC all-sports standings through the winter season, has announced a move to Division I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                          Mercyhurst, the current 15th-ranked team in the 18-team PSAC all-sports standings through the winter season, has announced a move to Division I.
                          Congrats?

Comment

• Oh boy - now instead of playing basketball in front of 10 people a night, they'll play basketball in front of 15.

Man I can't wait for the P4 to call it quits on the NCAA. Being D1 just doesn't mean anything anymore. It's getting tough to watch.

Comment

I'm not sure how this will affect the UMAC's plan that's intertwined with the greater re-alignment discussion, but Northland (WI) is on closure watch.

Yesterday was the deadline for fundraising so I've kept an eye on any potential news.

All I know is they have $1,000,000 in donations and $250,000 in reported pledges. One article said the board has additional undisclosed sources of funding, but I'm not sure if they were referring to the pledge $ or something different.

Which is obviously far short of the $12,000,000 goal, but no official announcement on closures have been made.

I brought this up in another thread - but if I'm a freshman or sophomore, possibly even a junior, I'm bouncing. If enough do, it might make the point of a fundraiser kind of moot.

Anyway, I know it's not Jamestown related, but it is related to the inevitable shift coming to the greater Midwest college sports scene.

Comment

Not surprising. There have been 2-3 colleges closing each and every year since Covid. That changed everything forever and there are a variety of reasons and a variety of challenges.

Remote learning has changed the delivery of everything. No going back. Whether students are better off remains to be seen, but it is changed. Covid also exposed much fluff and waste in many insitutions, not just colleges.

Also Covid hurt many colleges from a revenue standpoint.

Then there are the non-Covid challenges. There was already a glut of higher ed insitutions and they all can't stay open. saturated market.

There is also the change of many more men not going to college than a generation ago. Many men have figured out they can go to the trades, get done in 1 or 2 years of school, and make as much or more money. Every kid who goes to be an electrician has a job right away. That is not true with art majors or sociology majors.

Then there is the political environment in colleges. I know many pretend this doesn't matter, byt many young men don't want to spend money to be told they are the problem. Unfortunately in most states this won't change and many colleges will continue to hemorage in male students.

At some point more will wake up and realize that America is the brokest country in the history of the world with staggering public debt. when that happens there will finally be massive consolidation and closures as there will be no other choice. that might be a generation away, but it is coming.

There are more women than ever going to college. But many go into fields of non profit, govenrment, teaching, social work etc, and they aren't huge wage earners - comfortble but not huge wages. Many have much debt and they are't therefore inclined to be big donors and long term supporters to keep colleges afloat. Yes, true of many young men as well that gt too much debt, but as a percentage more true of females.

anyway, I think we will see 3-4 of these every year unfortunately. It's no different than the annual stories about Minneapolis Public schools facing a huge deficit despite more fundng. At some point we have to pay the piper.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X