Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Imagine if they knew there was nearly 2000 posts on a forum of people ****ting on them lol
    Pepperidge Farm remembers…

Im sure they’re aware. And we know the NSIC knows.

Comment

• As for Jamestown..I have nothing against the city, the school, or any of that. The reality we need to face as D2 fans/supporters is where are the new programs going to come from..? We have schools moving to FCS..just look at the GSC or the Lonestar.

NAIA teams will be where most will come from unless D3 teams move to a scholarship model. Most of the NAIA programs aren't going to jump into D2 with all guns blazing, ready to compete for a league title. So....if we are waiting for another USF to join the NSIC in football....well, that's rare.

All of us on this board will have to come to the realization that leagues will look to take on brand new members and given our geographic footprint, they are gonna be a Jamestown or a Dakota State....and not Morningside or Northwest (IA)..those schools love their spot in the GPAC, and I can't blame them. The new schools coming into D2 are going to likely be under 3,000 for enrollment, instead of 12,000-15,000 like a Mankato-UMD-SCSU, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I’ve mentioned it on here before, maybe not this thread though… I do enjoy the fact you can play blackjack in the bar in Jamestown (or maybe ND in general). Or at least the last time I was there, you could. Haha.
        That's kinda cool. Been a long time since I played. Is Jamestown big enough to have a bar?

I looked up the high school on Wikipedia to see what I could find - they won 3 state football championships - two in the 1930s and two in the 2020s.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

That's kinda cool. Been a long time since I played. Is Jamestown big enough to have a bar?

I looked up the high school on Wikipedia to see what I could find - they won 3 state football championships - two in the 1930s and two in the 2020s.
          So…4?

Comment

Believe it or not, it is! Had dinner at Grizzly’s (probably closed by now..ha) played there, then went to a college bar and didn’t play there, although they had it. Spoke with some students, they all indicated it was a ‘sports school’. That was 15 years ago.

Comment

So…4?
              Yeah... further research indicates that would indeed be the most likely answer.

'33, '37, '20, '22

Comment

Believe it or not, it is! Had dinner at Grizzly’s (probably closed by now..ha) played there, then went to a college bar and didn’t play there, although they had it. Spoke with some students, they all indicated it was a ‘sports school’. That was 15 years ago.
                Interesting. I've never been anywhere close.

A lot of these little private colleges are just there for sports. Bethany was even advertising themselves as such several years ago. Just hope whatever Jamestown's model is, it's financially stable.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post
                  This is a good read on UJ athletic Athletic journey and insightful information in NCAA rules.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                    As for Jamestown..I have nothing against the city, the school, or any of that. The reality we need to face as D2 fans/supporters is where are the new programs going to come from..? We have schools moving to FCS..just look at the GSC or the Lonestar.

NAIA teams will be where most will come from unless D3 teams move to a scholarship model. Most of the NAIA programs aren't going to jump into D2 with all guns blazing, ready to compete for a league title. So....if we are waiting for another USF to join the NSIC in football....well, that's rare.

All of us on this board will have to come to the realization that leagues will look to take on brand new members and given our geographic footprint, they are gonna be a Jamestown or a Dakota State....and not Morningside or Northwest (IA)..those schools love their spot in the GPAC, and I can't blame them. The new schools coming into D2 are going to likely be under 3,000 for enrollment, instead of 12,000-15,000 like a Mankato-UMD-SCSU, etc.
                    Well stated.

Comment

• @JimmieAthletics keep up with Orange Crush!

Comment

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post

This does sort of address the recruiting issues folks were discussing earlier, with the Dakotas being an overfished pond and all-- sounds like they're really hoping to amp up their Minnesota recruiting soon. With 7 other established D2 squads in the state to compete for recruits there (as well as realistically the other 5 Dakota teams), all of whom have the benefit of not being a recent NAIA callup though... Good luck with that
                        And you might as well add St Johns who scoops up a few that could be NSIC players

Comment

Is Jamestown big enough to have a bar?
                          And this right here explains perfectly how this thread had gotten to 88 pages. It's North Dakota and not Fargo, so everyone assumes there are minimal signs of civilization.

Jamestown is a bigger city than both Bemidji and Marshall, more than twice the population of Crookston and roughly triple the population of Wayne. It's also a less remote location with easier travel in and out compared to Aberdeen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

And this right here explains perfectly how this thread had gotten to 88 pages. It's North Dakota and not Fargo, so everyone assumes there are minimal signs of civilization.

Jamestown is a bigger city than both Bemidji and Marshall, more than twice the population of Crookston and roughly triple the population of Wayne. It's also a less remote location with easier travel in and out compared to Aberdeen.
                            I thought he was kidding, but maybe not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

If you aren't a power five (four) school in a city of over 500,000-750,000 you are meaningless, trailer park trash...this must be the first post of his you've read.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

If you aren't a power five (four) school in a city of over 500,000-750,000 you are meaningless, trailer park trash...this must be the first post of his you've read.
                                Jimmies are growers not showers. How many power 5 schools are in a city over 500k? 10?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X