Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Jimmies are growers not showers. How many power 5 schools are in a city over 500k? 10?
    To that extent, it won’t feel as good once Dakota State is involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

I thought he was kidding, but maybe not?
      It absolutely was a joke. I could take it further and say that of course they have a bar - it's the middle of nowhere in North Dakota. all they probably do is drink - but I forget how easily offended some people can be around here so I will hold off on saying that.

Oh wait...
      Last edited by SW_Mustang; 03-15-2024, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

And this right here explains perfectly how this thread had gotten to 88 pages. It's North Dakota and not Fargo, so everyone assumes there are minimal signs of civilization.

Jamestown is a bigger city than both Bemidji and Marshall, more than twice the population of Crookston and roughly triple the population of Wayne. It's also a less remote location with easier travel in and out compared to Aberdeen.
        Ahh well.

This thread became a race to the bottom long before I revealed my staunch take on the rural/urban divide. This topic was a race to the bottom before this thread was even created.

Comment

• Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post

If you aren't a power five (four) school in a city of over 500,000-750,000 you are meaningless, trailer park trash...this must be the first post of his you've read.
          You know my work well - thanks for being a fan!

Comment

• Originally posted by oldyellaHer69 View Post

Jimmies are growers not showers. How many power 5 schools are in a city over 500k? 10?
            If you just consider the town boundaries, you're probably right.

If you go by metro population, it's almost 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

It absolutely was a joke. I could take it further and say that of course they have a bar - it's the middle of nowhere in North Dakota. all they probably do is drink - but I forget how easily offended some people can be around here so I will hold off on saying that.

Oh wait...
              I'm not concerned if they have a bar, but if they don't have chocolate milk I don't want them. There should be signs along the highway, like they have for food, fuel and lodging that say how far the nearest source is.

Reminds me that we used to call Food and Fuel stations Food and Fool. And that there used to be a place where you could drink beer while doing your laundry called Soap and Suds east of the MSU campus. At least that is what I was told.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm not concerned if they have a bar, but if they don't have chocolate milk I don't want them. There should be signs along the highway, like they have for food, fuel and lodging that say how far the nearest source is.

Reminds me that we used to call Food and Fuel stations Food and Fool. And that there used to be a place where you could drink beer while doing your laundry called Soap and Suds east of the MSU campus. At least that is what I was told.
                That's an initiative I can get behind. You should open up a chocolate milk bar - call it "Laker's." Maybe in University Square? Nothing but ice cold chocolate milk. I'd patron as I'm not privy to the hard stuff myself.

Wouldn't surprise me if Kato had a laundromat like that. Surprised they don't now, honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Oh wait...
                  I figured you were joking (and yes, you're point is exactly where my my mind went as I read your post), but there's been enough unawareness about anything west of the Red River that I figured it was worth checking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

I figured you were joking (and yes, you're point is exactly where my my mind went as I read your post), but there's been enough unawareness about anything west of the Red River that I figured it was worth checking.
                    For what it's worth, I did mention several-dozen pages back that Jamestown is not the most secluded option to the NSIC (or in the NSIC) - being that Jamestown is halfway between Bismarck and Fargo on I-94. That's a big stretch of road for sure, but having been to places like Aberdeen, it's not that bad.

Comment

• I've never been to Jamestown, but a quick search of their athletic website shows some pretty nice facilities. Compared to what I've seen around the LSC and on LSC school websites Jamestown's facilities would probably be in the top 4-5 in the LSC, and looking at NSIC school websites they may be in the top half? Facilities, scholarships, and location attract athletes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Assassin14 View Post
                        I've never been to Jamestown, but a quick search of their athletic website shows some pretty nice facilities. Compared to what I've seen around the LSC and on LSC school websites Jamestown's facilities would probably be in the top 4-5 in the LSC, and looking at NSIC school websites they may be in the top half? Facilities, scholarships, and location attract athletes.
                        The counterpoint to that (and this is NOT a dig at Northern) is Northern State has the facilities, scholarships and fan support, as well as a similar location and larger school, and they are not winning.

Comment

The counterpoint to that (and this is NOT a dig at Northern) is Northern State has the facilities, scholarships and fan support, as well as a similar location and larger school, and they are not winning.
                          Northern has a history of winning in many sports, particularly in Basketball. It's my belief their football will improve. You cannot compare every program with Mankato. Nearly every NSIC school has weaknesses in athletics. The middle of nowhere narrative is baloney, not everyone wants to live in the congestion and crime in Minneapolis. Are all Minnesota towns and cities in the middle of somewhere? Is nowheresville reserved for North and South Dakota?

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Northern has a history of winning in many sports, particularly in Basketball. It's my belief their football will improve. You cannot compare every program with Mankato. Nearly every NSIC school has weaknesses in athletics. The middle of nowhere narrative is baloney, not everyone wants to live in the congestion and crime in Minneapolis. Are all Minnesota towns and cities in the middle of somewhere? Is nowheresville reserved for North and South Dakota?
                            I was simply speaking about football in this situation.

You really took a lot out of that that I didn’t say!

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Generalizing the Twin Cities is a bunch of lazy garbage. That said, your point isn't wrong that not everyone wants to live in the metro. It's why I chose MSU over Minnesota and UST.

Comment

To that extent, it won’t feel as good once Dakota State is involved.
                                I see what you did there, and I wanted you to know that I respect the joke lol even if it seems to have gone over most people's heads hahah

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X