Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jamestown be accepted into the NSIC?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by laker View Post
    You were fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

A bear in St. Paul isn't as weird as a Gorilla in Kansas or a Buffalo in Colorado.
      Touché

Comment

• Originally posted by FullThrottleSD View Post

I don't think it's as odd as a dragon in Moorhead, a pirate in Bismarck, a bear in St. Paul. The most odd pairing IMO is a group of Midwest Lutheran's collectively rallying under the name of people most famous for their raping and pillaging, raiding and colonizing...
        You're just lumping all Scandinavian explorers together into one category with a few bad eggs.

Comment

A bear in St. Paul isn't as weird as a Gorilla in Kansas or a Buffalo in Colorado.
          Gorilla's in Kansas yes but obviously you don't know how far buffalo roamed in the 1880's
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You were fast!
            I used to run the hundred and relays while being track captain in HS. Now you could cook a minute egg faster than I could make it down that track.

Comment

• Originally posted by AU guy View Post

Gorilla's in Kansas yes but obviously you don't know how far buffalo roamed in the 1880's
              Technically - and much like August 31st, 2024 - those were Bison.

*ba dum tss*

(I'll see myself out)

Comment

Really what's a Jimmie anyways? "
                Pretty sure that's what you do, to a locked door, to get inside...sort of like how Jamestown Jimmied their way into the NSIC!

(am I doing this right?)

Comment

Really what's a Jimmie anyways?
                  I believe it’s a corn-cracker.

But I don’t care…

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

But I don’t care…
                    In Buffalo Lake, we had two brothers- the older one named Jimmy, the younger one named Kenny. One day a young Kenny passed out drunk in the box of a big truck that belonged to the BL Elevator. Well, they started filling it up with corn and finally another kid stopped them saying Kenny was in there. When they dug him out, his mouth and nose was full of corn. His mother June didn't want to let them take him to the hospital because he was all dirty. From then on, his nickname was Kenny Corn Pile. And of course, that led to us singing, "Jimmie cracked Corn, and June don't care."

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

But I don’t care…
                      The good news is - Jimmy is in the right general vicinity if he fancies corn-to-crack.

Personally though, I prefer caramel corn to crack corn. The latter gives me the shakes.

Comment

• For those high rollers out there - UJ is preparing to host the Dine and Bid. Grand prize is dinner with the president.

University of Jamestown's 38 annual Dine & Bid Saturday - Jamestown Sun | News, weather, sports from Jamestown North Dakota

Proceeds go to "benefitting some nerd."

Comment

You're just lumping all Scandinavian explorers together into one category with a few bad eggs.
                          Yeah lay off my Norwegian forefathers! If the Lutherans are dumb enough to use it as their mascot that's on them

Comment

• Anyone where anything on Dakota State? I've been searching the net but I can't find anything. Rumors in your neck fo the woods?

Comment

• Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post
                              Anyone where anything on Dakota State? I've been searching the net but I can't find anything. Rumors in your neck fo the woods?
                              I think the general consensus is they're getting ready to court the NSIC. Longtime AD just retired as well.

Nothing official though as far as I'm aware. Several (dozen?) pages back, I put together a post about what each NSAA school was looking into and included them, though I don't remember what info I had.

Comment

I think the general consensus is they're getting ready to court the NSIC. Longtime AD just retired as well.

Nothing official though as far as I'm aware. Several (dozen?) pages back, I put together a post about what each NSAA school was looking into and included them, though I don't remember what info I had.
                                All good and I appreciate it. I've been reading up through this topic for some time, and will occasionally use google for updates, but that is the 1 school I haven't seen anything recently.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X