• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #WolvesNation View Post

A great hire coming.
    completely agree

Comment

All the hype leads me to believe Northern hired the next Bud Grant.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
        Or at least Bud Light.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post

Or at least Bud Light.
          Northen isn't ready for that move.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            I’m Minnesota fashion, I want to say Tony Dungy, but it’s the wrong side of the ball

Comment

I just realized who it is. They got the money together to outbid Alabama for Milbank legend Kalen DeBoer!

Comment

It's Nick Saban.

Comment

No idea who it is…Dakota Larson is my guess

Comment

Saw Jake Iery just posted it

Comment

• Wow, poached him away from his alma mater. Though in terms of career advancement it makes sense.

Comment

• Are we talking about Jordan Hein?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            I think it’s a good hire. Word on the street is he did a great job developing guys at Bemedji. Technique wise they were also very sound. Outside of OL, Northern is in desperate need of coaches that can develop guys. This is a good start and an important hire for Schmidt as he is on the hot seat.

Comment

• I think this is a strong hire when it comes to a D2 OC at a school that's basically been hanging around .500'ish. Hein was the QB for BSU when they got this upswing going back around 2015-16-17 etc. He's had a chance to learn under Pike (OC) and Bolte (HC) at Bemidji..and I think there's real value in that. Bolte has become one of the most respected head coaches in the D2 midwest with how they go about things as a program and the hard nosed manner in which they play. Getting one of his most valued coaches as the NSU OC is a good hire for the Wolves..but he's got quite the task ahead of him with them graduating the two top wideouts in the history of the program..and having a QB recouping an injury (Colton Hackel) and no clear cut RB1, etc.not to mention coming in after spring ball.

Side note....I've gotten to know Coach Hein over the years and covered him as a player. Really good dude.

That said, NSU has to make the best of that situation..and I think they have with this hire. I'd expect Hein to run the offensive side of things and then Schmidt to run the D..after things weren't great on that side a year ago. Sometimes a HC just feels the needs to call-it if their neck is the one on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeFBGuy View Post

I’m Minnesota fashion, I want to say Tony Dungy, but it’s the wrong side of the ball
                                Dungy was a QB though so maybe?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X