Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 0 - Approved for games (immediately)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Well....when it comes down to the coaches voting on a schedule format..I think a few of them think of that, but I've kinda found over the years it's "how does this impact us as a program?" That said, of course the MIAA being open for play sure makes things easier.
    This is where I'm at as well.

Another angle to consider....as we all know, some would use the non-conference to find a competitive game while others will look for financial gain, whether that's by finding a team that will pay you or staying closer to home in order to help the budget. I'm fairly certain the silo schedule would add a team to your schedule from the opposite division, as returning to even numbers should bring us back to divisions. A lot of teams would be able to find non-conference games that will be easier on the budget than traveling north or south. A few even have rivalry games that could make a return (MSUM-Concordia, Jamestown-VCSU, WSC and either UNK or CSC, CSP-Upper Iowa ha). I think these two years will have minds changed about the silo schedule, both up here and in MIAA territory.

Comment

• A-29 Mary is hosting Jamestown

Comment

• Bump. This should do it.

Augie at SDSU 9/14
        Michigan Tech @ Bemidji 8/29 updated 2/5
        Concordia @ Upper Iowa 9/7 updated 2/21
        Jamestown at Mary 8/29 updated 3/22
        UMD @ Northern Michigan Week 0 updated 2/4
        MSU-Mankato @ Northwest MO 8/29 6 PM updated 2/6
        MSU-Moorhead @McKendree 9/21 updated 2/21
        Valley City St @ Minot St 8/29
        Northern St @ South Dakota 8/29 USF @ St Thomas Week 0
        UN-Kearney @ Southwest MN St 10/5
        MO S&T @ Wayne St vs MO S&T 8/29 updated 2/29
        Saginaw Valley St @ Winona St 9/7 updated 2/5

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
          But first, Michigan Tech @ Bemidji for the CCHA's lone bid to the D1 hockey tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by njmav1 View Post

But first, Michigan Tech @ Bemidji for the CCHA's lone bid to the D1 hockey tournament.
            Go Beavers! And I don't care if they aren't my #1 team, I'm pulling for them anyway!

Comment

Go Beavers! And I don't care if they aren't my #1 team, I'm pulling for them anyway!
              Can't both lose?

Comment

Bump. This should do it.

Augie at SDSU 9/14
                Concordia @ Upper Iowa 9/7 updated 2/21
                Jamestown at Mary 8/29 updated 3/22
                UMD @ Northern Michigan Week 0 updated 2/4
                MSU-Mankato @ Northwest MO 8/29 6 PM updated 2/6
                MSU-Moorhead @McKendree 9/21 updated 2/21
                Valley City St @ Minot St 8/29
                Northern St @ South Dakota 8/29
                USF @ St Thomas Week 0
                UN-Kearney @ Southwest MN St 10/5
                MO S&T @ Wayne St vs MO S&T 8/29 updated 2/29
                Saginaw Valley St @ Winona St 9/7 updated 2/5
                Mankato at Northwest Missouri is right up there with Ferris State at Pitt State as potential "game of the year" candidates. I know Northwest had a relatively down season, but you've got a pair of games featuring some of the top D2 programs (at various times) over the past two decades.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Mankato at Northwest Missouri is right up there with Ferris State at Pitt State as potential "game of the year" candidates. I know Northwest had a relatively down season, but you've got a pair of games featuring some of the top D2 programs (at various times) over the past two decades.
                  Do they score more or less points combined than the 85 combined scored by the basketball teams in the region championship?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Do they score more or less points combined than the 85 combined scored by the basketball teams in the region championship?
                    Probably less. I could see the Mankato-Northwest football game ending up in the 40-50 point range.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• The UJ schedule..as referenced above..is interesting.
                      https://www.jimmiepride.com/sports/f...20240320kslw0n

Their North Star conference games consist of playing Dakota State, Mayville State, Dickinson State, and Valley City State....all home and away. That's 8 of their 10 contests..just the nature of a tiny NAIA conference finding games in North Dakota.

Their first two games offers them a chance to dip their toe in the D2 waters..while it's against two squads in the bottom half of the division, it's a start and should further identify for them up-close how they look size-wise and game-speed against D2's. Per Massey, Mary (2-9 in '23) would be a 24 point favorite over UJ..while Chadron (5-6 in '23) would be projected to win by 30. Given some of the inconsistency with teams with a below .500 record, those numbers feel a bit high maybe..but Mary got better as they went along and will have a spring ball under their belt and so forth..while Chadron improved on a 3-8 campaign in 2022.

Overall, I think this scheduling of D2's at the start of their season is a good idea for the Jimmies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

If you score in the 30s against NW, you have done something. They live for rock fights.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X