2019-20 Conference Schedule

Crossover:

11/23 - Bloomsburg
    11/24 - East Stroudsburg
    12/7 - @Mansfield
    12/20 - @Shepherd
    12/21 - @Shippensburg
    1/3 - Lock Haven

Five Saturday night home games in the West slate.

In theory you'd think this upcoming season would be a year to go a little lighter on the non-conference schedule. That said, ... not Joe's style.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    The hurst game attendance was 1634 so it was slightly above the 1503 average, add to that students were gone, or just arriving back. A little pre game publicity for the students, and it would have been over 2000 easily.

Its true most the townies don't get into the game, and just complain about Dante's turnovers and Malik's walking calls, and the bad shots they take. Occasionally, complain about bad calls. Not much excitement except the IUP guy, but they are there in pretty decent numbers really - all pretty much due to the venue.

Malik has probably the most important off-season ahead of him in my opinion. He's going to be 'the guy' next year. While he is ultra-talented, he absolutely has to work on his turnovers (he had 105 this season compared to Dante's 108). You can't have your top two guards committing 213 turnovers. In particular, your non-PG can't be in triple digits. The vast majority of Malik's are self-inflicted (trying to be too fancy) so that is certainly an item he can improve. Armoni should be a very smooth transition to the PG spot with incoming freshman Bryce Radford backing him up.

As of now I'd say that 3-guard spot is K.J. Rhodes' to lose. Recall he's already a year removed from high school (IMG Academy) so he should be further along than the typical 'true freshman'. Anthony White should also see at least 10-12 minutes per game.

Of course, this is all based on not knowing the full roster. At least two more scholarship spots are open (likely for transfers).

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    And you also draw below your season average for Round 2 of the NCAAs ... so ...
    The hurst game attendance was 1634 so it was slightly above the 1503 average, add to that students were gone, or just arriving back. A little pre game publicity for the students, and it would have been over 2000 easily.

Its true most the townies don't get into the game, and just complain about Dante's turnovers and Malik's walking calls, and the bad shots they take. Occasionally, complain about bad calls. Not much excitement except the IUP guy, but they are there in pretty decent numbers really - all pretty much due to the venue.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    this year IUPs average home attendance was 1503, up about 35 percent from last year, and is more than twice the next highest PSAC school at gannon with 647

So, things can always get better, but comparatively in the PSAC, and d2 in general, attendance is pretty good.
    And you also draw below your season average for Round 2 of the NCAAs ... so ...

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

this year IUPs average home attendance was 1503, up about 35 percent from last year, and is more than twice the next highest PSAC school at gannon with 647

So, things can always get better, but comparatively in the PSAC, and d2 in general, attendance is pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Maybe at Duke and North Carolina.

This ain't Duke and North Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Sure, the police station is right across the street but I don't see news editor Jason Levan or executive editor Eric Ebeling having the power to make sure the PD doesn't send out a news release. About the backup point guard on the IUP men's team.

Although it is funny to think Armoni stole a candy bar. Maybe he should have chewed it over with a Twix.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Certainly one of the great one-hit-wonders of all time.
    I'll go with Tubthumping by Chumbawamba. LOL.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Have to agree with you. Very odd choice for young hoops players to warm up to in 2019. This song is ancient. I was a junior in high school when this came out in the spring of 1987.

I kind of doubt this song got anybody pumped up for the moment at hand. Maybe the IUP players had earplugs in and it was meant to lull Mercy to their doom. LOL.

But yeah, really a lame choice for warm up music. Downright strange even.

-
    Certainly one of the great one-hit-wonders of all time.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Funny as heck... I was in line of the concession stand and started humming this. Then I looked at my woman and said, "Why the F are they playing this during warm ups?"
    Have to agree with you. Very odd choice for young hoops players to warm up to in 2019. This song is ancient. I was a junior in high school when this came out in the spring of 1987.

I kind of doubt this song got anybody pumped up for the moment at hand. Maybe the IUP players had earplugs in and it was meant to lull Mercy to their doom. LOL.

But yeah, really a lame choice for warm up music. Downright strange even.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    They should be the ones creating the atmosphere. Why must they have someone entertain them?
    Maybe at Duke and North Carolina.

This ain't Duke and North Carolina.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    See my earlier post. Game atmosphere is awful. Way too boring for students.

They should be the ones creating the atmosphere. Why must they have someone entertain them?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Funny as heck... I was in line of the concession stand and started humming this. Then I looked at my woman and said, "Why the F are they playing this during warm ups?"
    LMFAO ... it happened. That was real.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    https://youtu.be/Vt2YIpZWBqA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Iup basketball

Can you call the music guy a DJ if he plays Lady In Red at a college basketball game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X