X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Haha ... have a vintage Pac-Man arcade in my bar. Kids think it's the most boring game ever made.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    LOL. Yeah, kids today would utterly laugh at how we gamed decades ago. But it was cutting edge stuff for the times. Great fun for when we were done fighting Indians and unhitching the horses from the covered wagon.

You need to try playing that one hit wonder from Buckner and Garcia "Pac-Man Fever" to see if that gives your little ones more inspiration to munch down those dots and ghosts.

-
    I have the original Nintendo hooked up to the big screen. When we have guests over who are in their 40s and 50s ... they melt playing the real Mike Tyson's Punchout.

Funny thing is they all stink.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Haha ... have a vintage Pac-Man arcade in my bar. Kids think it's the most boring game ever made.
    LOL. Yeah, kids today would utterly laugh at how we gamed decades ago. But it was cutting edge stuff for the times. Great fun for when we were done fighting Indians and unhitching the horses from the covered wagon.

You need to try playing that one hit wonder from Buckner and Garcia "Pac-Man Fever" to see if that gives your little ones more inspiration to munch down those dots and ghosts.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    Heck, I'm still thinking about the Atari 2600 and Odyssey 2 games that we played back in 1982. Arcade games, too. Pac-Man, Vanguard, Berzerk, Galaga.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Madden? I thought kids play Fortnite now.
    Heck, I'm still thinking about the Atari 2600 and Odyssey 2 games that we played back in 1982. Arcade games, too. Pac-Man, Vanguard, Berzerk, Galaga.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Lol true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    Classes don't start until Tuesday, but IUP opened up some dorms on Friday for people wanting to beat the snow and get back to the dorms early. So...campus should be populated by Monday. Who knows? Maybe the pregame starts around noon and some people make their way to the KCAC.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

I was anticipating IUP moving the game but sure wasn't expecting it to be Monday afternoon. That's a huge break for Edinboro -- avoiding a half-drunk Saturday night KCAC crowd. Instead it will be a ghost town. That's a big revenue loser for IUP and the KCAC.

At first I thought they'd move it to tonight, but being they likely didn't get home from East Stroudsburg until 4 a.m. yesterday, I didn't think Joe would sign off on the quick turnaround.
    Classes don't start until Tuesday, but IUP opened up some dorms on Friday for people wanting to beat the snow and get back to the dorms early. So...campus should be populated by Monday. Who knows? Maybe the pregame starts around noon and some people make their way to the KCAC.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I was anticipating IUP moving the game but sure wasn't expecting it to be Monday afternoon. That's a huge break for Edinboro -- avoiding a half-drunk Saturday night KCAC crowd. Instead it will be a ghost town. That's a big revenue loser for IUP and the KCAC.

At first I thought they'd move it to tonight, but being they likely didn't get home from East Stroudsburg until 4 a.m. yesterday, I didn't think Joe would sign off on the quick turnaround.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

IUP has postponed Saturday's game against Edinboro until Monday due to the impending weather.

The ladies will play at 1 p.m. and the men at 3 p.m.

West Chester has also now moved its game to tomorrow night. SRU vs Mansfield is also Friday night now.
    A few games are also being played an hour or two earlier. The only games that are still at their scheduled times are Clarion at Gannon and Seton Hill at Cal. Gannon has its annual Pink Zone events surrounding the game, so I'm sure that it would be quite disruptive to move.

I also just learned that the Bloomsburg men occasionally play first and the women play second. This is a major aside from the topic of this thread, but do any other schools do that?

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

[QUOTE=IUPbigINDIANS;2341154]WarriorVoice if that was you on the internet broadcast ... you did a good job. For a one-man crew you kept it entertaining.

Thanks for the compliment. Doing a one-man broadcast has its challenges.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

IUP has postponed Saturday's game against Edinboro until Monday due to the impending weather.

West Chester has also now moved its game to tomorrow night. SRU vs Mansfield is also Friday night now.
    GREAT!!! I'm off on Monday!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-17-2019, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
    Its one thing to talk smack - who cares. But basketball is a sport where players are extremely vulnerable to cheap shots. When a player like #15 throws a cheap shot like that against Lombardi, the PSAC has to have the courage to take action. Too often, they don't. If the cheap shot is clear on the tape, then there should be a one game suspension.

What I saw in the last 2 minutes of the ESU/IUP game was alot of stupidity by ESU. The complete brain fart by the ESU PG with less than two minutes to play was unreal, almost like he was trying to throw the game. With ESU winning, and while he wasn't even being pressured, the PG threw a long pass from the back court to noone. The pass either hit the backboard or went over the back board. Even the homer ESU announcer was dumbfounded. It was so bad I almost thought it was a shot. No idea what he was thinking or trying to do.
    Yeah, that and the subsequent stupid foul by giordono coat them the game I think

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X