Originally posted by IUP24
View Post
When you break down the roster, despite losing Dante's production from last season, the guard group this year is much more dynamic/deeper. You lose Dante and Bearer but replace them with Shawndale Jones (they haven't had a guard with his physical stature in years) and David Morris (who is Joe's next star PG). Add to it a year-older version of Malik and Armoni ... that's a scary four-man rotation. Lot of size, speed and talent. Defensively, they should be night and day better at the guard position. Add to it Anthony White is a pest defender when he gets inserted.
I just can't see Joe burning a year of Bryce Radford and K.J. Rhodes eligibility to play 5 minutes a game.
HOWEVER, one absolute item I'm convinced of watching Joe's teams year after year (especially the past four years) is that they tire out down the stretch. In my opinion, you can directly link that to his stars playing 38 minutes in 30-point blowouts of Clarion, etc. I truly believe last year's 30-3 team peaked in late January.
If he'd say 'screw the redshirts' and get his stars down to 28-30 mpg would it help late in the season? Probably. This group is going to blow a ton of teams out this year. I'd rather keep legs fresh and limit the chances of injuries in meaningless minutes.
Leave a comment: