X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

By the way, time to buckle up. Up next is the yearly (dreaded) trip to Greensburg ... where you never know what will happen.

I can guarantee one thing ... Wednesday night game ... it will be jam-packed inside the yellow shoe box.

Two of the past three seasons were turned to ruins down there. Three years ago they lost in front of the rowdiest D2 crowd I've ever seen. Last year Seton Hill gooned it up (Dante broke his wrist .. Glover got suspended). To this day Glover's second technical was the biggest crap show I've seen in 30 years of watching IUP basketball. It was called by a ref basically down at the Rialto bar near the courthouse. Literally, the jabroni was 50' away from the play. Trash team starts it all day long and Glover -- the most mild-mannered player around -- gets T'd up. I will always believe that was a stooge ref sticking one to Joe. IUP won the game but lost the season.

Ignore Seton Hill's record (it's always bad). Strange stuff happens down there.

If any of you are going to make a roadtrip this year, ... this is the one. If anything there's always drama down there.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    I'll let you IUP fans crucify your coach for running up the score... What say you Nation?!
    If Joe's mad about anything it's that they didn't score more. I don't think him and the Clarion coach get along real well.

It goes back 3-4 years. Clarion's coach was crying one night that IUP ran up the score on them in a 40-50 point loss in the KCAC.

Fact was Clarion never came out of its awful press the whole game so IUP just got layup after layup.

Anybody have any idea what happened to Clarion's Mason Mraz?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I saw it, it happened... Wasn't worth posting about. Same stuff as Ebdnboro game. To many minutes for the same people in a blow out. You don't get bonus points for blow outs.
    Nope. You just get better stats.

I'd rather have a healthy team in March than guys getting extra rebounds and assists in January. Just sayin'

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I saw it, it happened... Wasn't worth posting about. Same stuff as Ebdnboro game. To many minutes for the same people in a blow out. You don't get bonus points for blow outs.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied

I'll let you IUP fans crucify your coach for running up the score... What say you Nation?!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    If IUP beat Clarion by 36, and we know nobody watched it because there were zero posts about it, did it really happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw it. It happened.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    If IUP beat Clarion by 36, and we know nobody watched it because there were zero posts about it, did it really happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Dante 37 minutes in a 36-point win.

Makes you wonder.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP 44
    Clarion 22

Half

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    What did you think of the speed lineup Joe tried out for a few minutes. Foster, Dante, Malik, Chuckie, and Cobo ? Wonder if we might see that in the future. he doesn't seem to like the Big lineup though, With Willem, Marko, Cobo, Malik and Dante.
    That was interesting. I tend to think we could see that against Slippery Rock. Recall SRU was blasted by the speed of East Stroudsburg. I also think IUP was getting a little too predictable so those things help keep the better teams off balance.

IUP found out the first time they can't lineup and out-muscle them. Anthony White will also be a nice tool in the second games against SRU and Mercyhurst. Recall Bearer got hurt the day before the Mercyhurst game and they were a little discombobulated. White should continue to develop between now and those two games.

Bearer may also be back much sooner than they are leading on.

I'd hope they put both Clarion and Seton Hill away in the first half of each game and can toy with some lineups against live action.

Chucky and Marko making strong cases for more minutes is a great problem to have ... one they haven't had in many years.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    A closer look at the box last night:

* Willem and Marko's minutes are inching closer and closer. Last night it was 22 for Willem and 14 for Marko. Marko needs 20+

What did you think of the speed lineup Joe tried out for a few minutes. Foster, Dante, Malik, Chuckie, and Cobo ? Wonder if we might see that in the future. he doesn't seem to like the Big lineup though, With Willem, Marko, Cobo, Malik and Dante.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

A closer look at the box last night:

* Cobo, Dante and Malik all 30+ minutes in another blowout. They could have all played less. Keep those legs fresh.

* Cal hit 7 of 16 treys in the first half on way too many open looks. IUP took that away in the second half and Cal went 0 for 9.

* 11 TOs last night and just 9 Monday. Positive.

* Willem and Marko's minutes are inching closer and closer. Last night it was 22 for Willem and 14 for Marko. Marko needs 20+

* Dante went 3 of 14 from deep including a stretch of about 9-10 straight misses. The nights he's off like that there has to be a different offensive approach, right?

* Crushed the boards (as expected) 48-31

* IUP hit just 10 of 36 treys for 28% ... against a team with zero post players. Why not just feed Willem and Marko all night instead of continuing to miss shots?

* Anthony White is 'for real' on defense. Joe has a decision looming here when Bearer returns. White doesn't look like a walk-on. He's a big, fast guard and plays defense 'in your face'. He'd play heavy minutes for a lot of other teams in this league.

* 81% on FTs ... showing big improvement last two games

* Off to Clarion this Saturday and then the annual 'crap show' in Greensburg next Wednesday night -- where records and sanity get thrown out the window.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

There is no doubt that if they went inside all game that they win by 50 and Cal finishes with no players left!

Couldn't tell online how much Sancomb was crying. Good to know we have the next Reynolds/Manchel in the league.

I think the fans should be chanting for Marko not Todd... hahahaha I think he's a monster and fun to watch. Who in this league stops him? He's dominant inside and out!

Pegram is good, is he a transfer from WJ?
    Yeah he came with Danny. He's legit. He'd play here.

I like Willem. Marko just brings a whole different skill set.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

There is no doubt that if they went inside all game that they win by 50 and Cal finishes with no players left!

Couldn't tell online how much Sancomb was crying. Good to know we have the next Reynolds/Manchel in the league.

I think the fans should be chanting for Marko not Todd... hahahaha I think he's a monster and fun to watch. Who in this league stops him? He's dominant inside and out!

Pegram is good, is he a transfer from WJ?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Thoughts after Cal win:

1) Anthony White is getting better and filling that 4th guard role really well.
    2) Why doesn't Marco get more minutes? He's good!!!
    3) Took awhile to get comfortable breaking that zone but they finally did.
    4) Malik scored 18 but he's been sloppy IMO.
    5) The D woke up in the second half. They weren't closing out well in the first half.
    6) Dante 3-14 from three... when does he stop shooting?
    'Live' impressions ...

* They were disinterested in first half

* Danny Sancomb may be the new Kevin Reynolds. He's a whiner. Wow.

* Type of game you just get over with.

* Marko is a monster. Phsyical mismatch. Joe has a decison to make.

* Dante should have been on the pine.

* Had they just went inside all night they'd have won by 50

* Pegram from Cal can play. He just has no help.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X