• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Well ...

The season is off to quite the start.

The new shooting guard leaves in late August and now the Keyes DUI / missed season.

They can easily just replace Keyes with Ulrich but the guard thing wasn't fixed.

This is really starting to become the 'drama central' program. It's getting pretty old -- pretty quickly.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not funny but, well, kind of ... campus lore at this point.

Do you remember the IUP football player punching the police horse on Homecoming? That would have been around '99.

I'm assuming Keyes got this DUI outside of Indiana County. One of us would have spotted it in the police log.

I'll say this he best not screw this up. He should leave here now with his Masters degree fully paid for, etc. He has to be about 22 now. So figure his last two years playing here he'll be 23 and 24.

One less recruit for next year, anyway.
    https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/Docket...R-0000295-2018

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
    I still recall IUP Homecoming 1990 when several Chinese grad students got themselves liquored up good and ended up getting pulled over in the Oak Grove.

-
    Not funny but, well, kind of ... campus lore at this point.

Do you remember the IUP football player punching the police horse on Homecoming? That would have been around '99.

I'm assuming Keyes got this DUI outside of Indiana County. One of us would have spotted it in the police log.

I'll say this he best not screw this up. He should leave here now with his Masters degree fully paid for, etc. He has to be about 22 now. So figure his last two years playing here he'll be 23 and 24.

One less recruit for next year, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Nice. Dumb as$.

Whole semester for a DUI? D1 they get a half game. Was he in the Oak Grove or something?
    I still recall IUP Homecoming 1990 when several Chinese grad students got themselves liquored up good and ended up getting pulled over in the Oak Grove.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
    He got a DUI in the summer and would be out suspended most of the first semester, in accordance with an IUP rule. Instead, he's not on the team and will return for the 2019-20 season.
    Nice. Dumb as$.

Whole semester for a DUI? D1 they get a half game. Was he in the Oak Grove or something?

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

He got a DUI in the summer and would be out suspended most of the first semester, in accordance with an IUP rule. Instead, he's not on the team and will return for the 2019-20 season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Dom Keyes is sitting out this season. He'll retain eligibility.
    What's your source and why?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Obviously the next question ... why?

Bravado must be pretty slick getting a guy to sit two years and stick around.

Leave a comment:

• hawks16
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Oh, it was different. Lol.

Just say getting him allowed to play that last year in Indiana wasn't easy.
    I know what you're saying that it's "different" but rules wise it kind of wasn't.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Gerald Brooks had the 6th year like Cotrell did. It was no different.
    Oh, it was different. Lol.

Just say getting him allowed to play that last year in Indiana wasn't easy.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Yeah ... remember that guy from SRU a few years back who originally started at IUP (Brooks) ... he must have been 26. His return to the IUP campus was quite the story.
    Gerald Brooks had the 6th year like Cotrell did. It was no different.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Yeah ... remember that guy from SRU a few years back who originally started at IUP (Brooks) ... he must have been 26. His return to the IUP campus was quite the story.

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    If he makes grades fall semester then he would be eligible for spring semester. His clock is ticking because a player only has so much time complete their 4 years.
    D1 yes...DII no. The five year D1 clock starts ticking the second the player enrolls in a college (actually ANY college). Even if the guy enrolls in college for one semester and then drops out. His D1 clock keeps ticking. Different student enrolls in a DII (actually any college) but isn't part of the team then takes six years off of college. When he comes back he has 10 semesters of DII eligibility left. DII player has 10 semesters of eligibility and a maximum of four actual season.

There are also academic progress requirements that can rear their head for a player that spends much more than the 10 semesters AND restrictions on the number of schools a player can transfer to but those are truly confusing and they seem more than a bit arbitrary.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Interesting, I'm wondering why there has been no announcement of the suspension? Could it be drugs?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X