X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Okay, the men's 2017-18 schedule is not up yet, while the women's schedule is. Okay, got it. I was wondering what was going on there.

-
    Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 08-01-2017, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP will play Urbana on Saturday, Nov. 11 as part of the S&T Bank Tip-Off Tournament. UPJ is also attending. I haven't found the fourth team yet.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Question:

IUP is playing against Findlay and Ferris State to open the season in Evansville. I know these games count for the regular season record.

Despite being against two likely ranked teams, being they are out of region, will they have any effect on strength of schedule when that becomes a hot topic in February?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Slippery Rock landed 6'9" PF Richard Bivens from Florida International. He'll have one year of eligibility.

Reynolds has put together a nice class. He also signed two players from Harford -- guard Aaron McDonald (he had a ton of offers in the PSAC/MEC) and PF Micah Till. Till is a prototype Rock post player -- about 6'7" and 250 lbs. and a big-time rebounder/defender.

McDonald and Till were teammates with IUP recruit Dom Keyes at Harford.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

-
    Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 07-24-2017, 01:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Interesting late player available ... Dyllon Hudson-Emory (6'7" G/F) has left Holy Family. He scored about 23 ppg last season. He has one year of eligibility.

No idea of the back story ... sounds like he'll be a nice, late snag for somebody.

That's the second major player they lost. Randy Bell, who got a lot of IUP buzz the past two seasons, also left and ended up at Lynn (FL).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I see on the women's schedule the home game against Bowie State starts at 5:30 p.m.

That likely means the men will play afterward although that isn't announced yet. If the women were the only game that night they wouldn't start it at 5:30 p.m.

I give Bowie a lot of credit. They will play anybody at any time and routinely have one of the hardest non-conference schedules around.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

IUP women's schedule is up. First game at the Field House on Veterans Day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'd have to assume the remaining non-conference games will be a little lighter in stature. Findlay, Ferris State and Fairmont State ... pretty tall order.

Bowie State, a somewhat regular guest, is already on quite a few other schedules so we may not see them this year.

I'd heard there was some talk with Wheeling Jesuit about a home and home but that may not start until the following year.

Shippensburg, my opinion, starts the year as the top PSAC team. They released their schedule. They are playing Shaw, VA Union, Wilmington, Chestnut Hill, and 'TBA' on Dec. 19. I wouldn't call it a murders' row of a non-conference schedule. Perhaps 'TBA' can beef it up a bit.

I'm actually surprised IUP got the invite to the national tip-off (or whatever it's actually named) over Ship.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

That's a pretty early start to the season and not to mention a pretty tough start to the season. Do they still plan on playing scrimmages against Pitt and some D-I heavies? Doesn't sound like it with a Nov. 2 start date.

Any word on the gals schedule?

Looks like the PSAC West slate is rather back-loaded for both IUP teams as they play Cal, Boro, UPJ, and Gannon at home in Feb. Or at least I assume it is that way for both the men and women.

-
    Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 07-12-2017, 08:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Nov. 2 - Findlay (at Evansville / 2:30 p.m.)
    Nov. 3 - Ferris State (at Evansville / 12 p.m.)

Nov. 10 and Nov. 11 is the IUP Tip-Off Tournament (UPJ is again attending but obviously won't play IUP ... other teams TBA)

Nov. 18 Lock Haven
    Nov. 19 Bloomsburg

Dec. 2 at West Chester
    Dec. 3 at Cheyney

Dec. 9 at Mansfield

Dec. 19 Fairmont State

Dec. 30 at Gannon

Jan. 3 at UPJ

Jan. 6 Mercyhurst

Jan 8 Slippery Rock

Jan 10 East Stroudsburg

Jan 13 at Edinboro

Jan 17 at Cal

Jan 20 Clarion

Jan 24 Seton Hill

Jan 27 at Mercyhurst

Jan 31 at Slippery Rock

Feb 2 Gannon

Feb 7 UPJ

Feb 14 at Clarion

Feb 17 Cal

Feb 21 Edinboro

Feb 24 at Seton Hill

Some notes:

* Four of the best home games of the year fall over break (Fairmont, Mercyhurst, Slippery Rock and East Stroudsburg) with the Slippery Rock game strangely being on a Monday night.
    * As of now (what has been announced) there are (5) Saturday night home games
    * IUP doesn't play Kutztown or Shippensburg this year in crossover but picked up West Chester and ESU
    * Five consecutive conference road games from Dec. 2 through Jan. 3 -- although at minimum the Fairmont home game is in between
    * The non-conference schedule is, as usual, under lock and key. Fairmont posted earlier to confirm the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Any word of the IUP men's and women's 2017-18 hoops schedules yet? I admit that I haven't been keeping up with all of that stuff.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Its more of a coach thing. They can't transfer without the coach first releasing them from their scholarship. But given the low scholarship levels its possible that a guy isn't on a basketball scholarship and can transfer without release.
    Sounds about right. I personally like the transfers within the PSAC. I probably will keep liking it until we get burned by it. But we have gotten some good players out of it= e.g. Brandon Norfleet, Lindsay Stamp, et. al.

The IUP WBB team wrapped up a successful summer camp according to my niece who attended (the aforementioned Shaq Baby). She and some of her teammates went and had a great time. She said all of the coaches and players were awesome. She was also very excited that she got all of their autographs. Great to hear!

-

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I saw yet another PSAC East to PSAC East transfer on VC yesterday. It drives me nuts how rampant that is among the East schools -- and how the conference permits it.

I'm sure it's happened in the West but I can't remember the last time.
    Its more of a coach thing. They can't transfer without the coach first releasing them from their scholarship. But given the low scholarship levels its possible that a guy isn't on a basketball scholarship and can transfer without release.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I saw yet another PSAC East to PSAC East transfer on VC yesterday. It drives me nuts how rampant that is among the East schools -- and how the conference permits it.

I'm sure it's happened in the West but I can't remember the last time.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X