X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

I saw the Beach Boys on their last visit to IUP back around 1999 or 2000 in Fisher Auditorium. It's a good concert.

That was a really good era for shows on campus back then. I saw James Brown, The Righteous Brothers, George Carlin, Fastball, etc. Chris Rock and Adam Sandler both did shows at IUP right before they became mega stars. I even saw a washed-up-turned-rocker (of sorts) Vanilla Ice play in the HUB because he didn't sell enough tickets to stay in Fisher.

IUP was actually one of Bobby Hatfield's (Righteous Brothers) last shows before he died from a drug overdose.

I heard the WWE will be back (perhaps yearly) to the KCAC due to the overwhelming success this past winter.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Yikes. Didn't former star QB Tony Aliucci get in some pretty serious trouble for embezzling or something like that? How to screw people out of money 101 must have been a popular course at IUP in the early to mid 90s.
    Tony served several years in federal prison if I have my facts straight. What he did was wrong, but he did pay his debt to society. If he is contrite and has made himself a better man then I would argue that he should be inducted into IUP's Athletic Hall of Fame by virtue of his stellar football career at IUP. Maybe I am in the minority here.

What Taylor did was scumbag all the way. He needs to serve a prison term for his actions. He's not much better than IUP Hall of Famer and current County Commissioner Rodney Ruddock who did this area unspeakable harm with his cowardly lack of leadership during the highly controversial county tax reassessment. Ruddock is the biggest douchebag of them all!

Oh, yeah, on a more positive note-- I hear the Beach Boys are coming to the KCAC on November 16. Tickets go on sale tomorrow if anyone's interested. Only Mike Love and Bruce Johnston will appear from the "original" set. It is a Steelers game night as they are playing the Titans on Thursday night football.

-

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Not a good story for a former player and IUP Hall of Fame member:

http://1160wccs.com/former-iup-playe...camming-woman/
    Yikes. Didn't former star QB Tony Aliucci get in some pretty serious trouble for embezzling or something like that? How to screw people out of money 101 must have been a popular course at IUP in the early to mid 90s.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Not a good story for a former player and IUP Hall of Fame member:

http://1160wccs.com/former-iup-playe...camming-woman/

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Robert Morris has hired IUP assistant coach Tray Woodall as its new Director of Basketball Operations.

The move was announced this morning.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

IUP (men) opening season in Evansville against Findlay and Ferris State.

https://www.indianagazette.com/news/...vent,26332500/

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied

Remember tonight.

It's the night Cal was reborn.
    Just recently announced via Twitter ( @CoachMcBride2 ), VULCANS have added Mt Zion Prep 6'6" guard Phillip Alexander and Temple transfer 6'3" guard Isaiah Lewis. Neither seems to be a game-changer, but it does look like he is searching far and wide for potential. Would really like to see some additional bigs. Time will tell.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Daylon Harris (Gateway High School and Western Nebraska CC) has officially signed with UPJ.

Real nice pickup. Excellent player at Gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Daylon Harris (Gateway High School and Western Nebraska CC) has officially signed with UPJ.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

He is still unsigned as far as I'm aware.

He's a diamond in the rough type ... he can play. I'd love to see him come in as a walk-on and see what happens.

These next two weeks or so will be interesting. Grades will be coming out. It becomes Transfer Season Part 2 around the country.

But, unless there's some big news nobody knows about, I'd say Joe's roster for next year is set -- minus the walk-ons.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Anything ever happen with the guy from Saltsburg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Harford CC's Aaron McDonald signs with Slippery Rock. That's a real nice land for KR and The Rock. McDonald had a ton of offers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Jake Benhart, Indiana High School, signed with Edinboro.

He's about 6'5" and a 'listed' 185 lbs. Nice career at IHS ... will need to add some serious weight.

His dad is a professor at IUP so he won't be a scholarship hit for EU.

There was some talk over the winter of him being a possible walk-on at IUP but obviously that didn't pan out.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

When you start to talk 'money' ... I put an '*' beside the 'full ride' guys. Unless something has changed over the past year, the last number I heard for full scholarship equivalencies for the program was about 9.5. They do have several heavy-hitter donors so that could have increased. They catch a bit of a break (big one, actually) with the Dante loop-hole being Joe's son and receiving free tuition. This isn't factual but you can put the pieces together pretty quickly based on the money available.

Guards:

Dante Lombardi (Jr. to be) *
    Anthony Glover (Sr.) *
    Malik Miller (So.) *
    Ayron Hutton (Sr.) *
    Milo Luciano (RFR)
    Anthony White (So.) *
    Armoni Foster (Fr.) *

Blake Danielak (Sr. - 6'-7") *
    Willem Brandwijk (Jr. - 6'9") *
    Dom Keyes (Jr. - 6'8") *
    Jerimah Nkumsah (RFR - 6'6")
    Jake Rouse (So. - 6'8")

To give this some context, consider Slippery Rock works off about 4 to 4.5 full-ride equivalencies. In the West, IUP, Gannon, Cal and Mercyhurst are the heavy financial hitters. It really puts in perspective the job Kevin Reynolds has done there playing with half (or less) of house money to field his teams.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No doubt he'd redshirt. I don't even think there's any money left for him. He'd have to start as a walk-on.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X