• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    I'll be at both games. I feel very similar to you on both games. I don't think Concord is deep enough to hang but VSU is. I think the VSU game will depend a lot on how the roster is handled against Concord.

Interesting weekend. Concord is very guard-heavy but pretty small under the basket, and VSU has some monstrous size. It is ironic two former Cal post players both landed there. Tony Richardson could be quite disruptive in small spurts and Howze is a very good player. They are very deep.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'd love to start 2-0 but have some doubts.

Concord isn't coming in here and lighting up the scoreboard. I'm fairly confident in the opener.

Virginia State is scary and will be one of the few teams all year who can match up with them down low. Their guards did a number on Dante last year.
    I'll be at both games. I feel very similar to you on both games. I don't think Concord is deep enough to hang but VSU is. I think the VSU game will depend a lot on how the roster is handled against Concord.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'd love to start 2-0 but have some doubts.

Concord isn't coming in here and lighting up the scoreboard. I'm fairly confident in the opener.

Virginia State is scary and will be one of the few teams all year who can match up with them down low. Their guards did a number on Dante last year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

As IUP Crimson Hawks reminds us, a lot of Kool-aid has been consumed over this program the past 3 years.

The Dante and Cobo era has won 3 West titles but just one NCAA game.

What are the realistic expectations for 2018-19?

They are going to plow the West 16-game set with likely the two SRU wars.

Worst-case they go 14-2 in West play.

Crossover with the West Big 4 .... let's say 2-2

Brutal non-conf .... at Fairmont will be tough. The rest are home. Sciences and Westminster are easy. Concord, Bowie, Va State and Le Moyne are not. 5-2 would be strong.

That puts them at 6 losses heading to the conference tournament. The West hosts this year.

Run the West table ... puts them at 4 losses pre-conf. tournament.

IUP should have one of the best SOS in the country when it's all said and done.
    14-2 in the PSAC West... That's pretty ambitious. SRU is loaded up from what I am hearing, Gannon is capable of beating them at their place and Hurst always gives them fits in Erie. I'm thinking 4 losses in the West.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

As IUP Crimson Hawks reminds us, a lot of Kool-aid has been consumed over this program the past 3 years.

The Dante and Cobo era has won 3 West titles but just one NCAA game.

What are the realistic expectations for 2018-19?

They are going to plow the West 16-game set with likely the two SRU wars.

Worst-case they go 14-2 in West play.

Crossover with the West Big 4 .... let's say 2-2

Brutal non-conf .... at Fairmont will be tough. The rest are home. Sciences and Westminster are easy. Concord, Bowie, Va State and Le Moyne are not. 5-2 would be strong.

That puts them at 6 losses heading to the conference tournament. The West hosts this year.

Run the West table ... puts them at 4 losses pre-conf. tournament.

IUP should have one of the best SOS in the country when it's all said and done.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Lol. Dante is 6', too.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Some Media Day comments from Joe:

On being picked as the favorite:

"I appreciate being thought of highly but it's not something we get too excited about. We do have good players returning and we do have high expectations for this year's team. We look forward to competing against the quality teams in the league to try to bring back another PSAC West championship."

On the tough schedule:

"We're excited about the schedule. We'll be getting into the frying pan right away. We have two Elite Eight teams on the schedule, ... probably the only team in the country. Yes, it's a challenging schedule. I wouldn't have it any other way."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    The interesting thing is that Dante's tweet has since been deleted. His tweet basically talked about getting injured again and his relationship with God. It didn't say what the injury was, how severe, or, if he was legitimately even injured at all. I know Dante is a religious kid, but I don't think that was just a moment of self-reflection. If it was, that tweet would still be up. If he wasn't injured in some capacity, nobody would have told him to take it down. That's why I believe there's some legitimacy here.

But hey, he could be ready for opening night, look great, and we might never know what actually happened. That's likely what will happen.

Getting any news out of that program is a lost cause. It's getting to the point I believe who is on the team (and available) when they come out to warm up. Until they have a uniform on ... on game night ... it's all a guess.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

The interesting thing is that Dante's tweet has since been deleted. His tweet basically talked about getting injured again and his relationship with God. It didn't say what the injury was, how severe, or, if he was legitimately even injured at all. I know Dante is a religious kid, but I don't think that was just a moment of self-reflection. If it was, that tweet would still be up. If he wasn't injured in some capacity, nobody would have told him to take it down. That's why I believe there's some legitimacy here.

But hey, he could be ready for opening night, look great, and we might never know what actually happened. That's likely what will happen.
    I don't know what you're looking at but that tweet wasn't deleted. It's still there. I literally just pulled it up again for the third time!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I tend to agree that's not a random-type 'tweet' (or whatever you call it).

So, with that premise, you'd assume he could be out for a period of time or perhaps the season.

Just playing the 'what if' game here, but what would that do the roster?

Armoni obviously becomes the full-time PG. Him and Malik Miller, essentially, play 38 minutes (each) per game. Malik is their best defender but is also foul-prone, however, so that's a concern.

I don't know where the Ulrich redshirt stood. I assume once Keyes vanished that was off the table. The injury would likely push Humphries to some guard duties (at times). Dancsecs goes from likely redshirt to 10-12 minutes.

I guess we will learn a little more down at Rupp Arena in a couple days.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 10-23-2018, 08:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

All speculation at this point other than something on Twitter saying he was injured (again).

So, before the first game:

* Keyes DUI
    * Morrow left or got released ... or whatever he's not here
    * Dante injured

Fantastic start to the season.
    Might be time for me to come out of retirement.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

All speculation at this point other than something on Twitter saying he was injured (again).

So, before the first game:

* Keyes DUI
    * Morrow left or got released ... or whatever he's not here
    * Dante injured

Fantastic start to the season.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...