• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSACwatcher
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dante wasn't ran in to when he was injured. I'll leave it at that. Two guys, Dante and No. 15 (Troy Jones) standing beside each other during an inbound and one suddenly gets floored by a 'mid-section' injury. Neither are even running when it happens.

Watch the film. It's at the 14:10 mark of the second half.

No room for that stuff.
    Its one thing to talk smack - who cares. But basketball is a sport where players are extremely vulnerable to cheap shots. When a player like #15 throws a cheap shot like that against Lombardi, the PSAC has to have the courage to take action. Too often, they don't. If the cheap shot is clear on the tape, then there should be a one game suspension.

What I saw in the last 2 minutes of the ESU/IUP game was alot of stupidity by ESU. The complete brain fart by the ESU PG with less than two minutes to play was unreal, almost like he was trying to throw the game. With ESU winning, and while he wasn't even being pressured, the PG threw a long pass from the back court to noone. The pass either hit the backboard or went over the back board. Even the homer ESU announcer was dumbfounded. It was so bad I almost thought it was a shot. No idea what he was thinking or trying to do.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    I was able to meet Jack while I was in school. Great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely! And the really crazy thing is that after an incredible 50 years of broadcasting IUP sports this guy has not slipped one bit at all. In fact, he just seems to get better and better all the time.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    Wow , just watched it, that was really dirty - I think it was #10 that came by and popped him though -that's a junior high playground move
    Should be reviewed and a suspension. Dirty, dirty play.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Dante wasn't ran in to when he was injured. I'll leave it at that. Two guys, Dante and No. 15 (Troy Jones) standing beside each other during an inbound and one suddenly gets floored by a 'mid-section' injury. Neither are even running when it happens.

No room for that stuff.
    Wow , just watched it, that was really dirty - I think it was #10 that came by and popped him though -that's a junior high playground move

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

I was able to meet Jack while I was in school. Great man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Jack Benedict might be the least homer announcer I've ever listened to. Now those TV jabronies are a different story. They don't even know the game and are complete homers.
    I love when the term jabroni or jamoke is properly used in context. Excellent job.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No room for that stuff.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

The ones here in Erie suck! Tom Riesenweber of the Erie Times actually tweeted last night saying Jaryn Simpson of Edinboro is one of the top 5 guards in the league. (One of my buddies showed me b/c he's spineless and has me blocked on twitter because I call him out on garbage like this.) Has that guy even watched any PSAC games. There were 5 better in the IUP/ESU game last night alone. Unreal how bad the media is in Erie. Indiana, Pa is blessed to have solid guys that have facts and aren't afraid to criticize either.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I watched Malik's technical this morning. It's at the 3:22 mark of the second half. I didn't see it in real time last night and ESU doesn't have replay.

ESU's Jakwan Jones shouldered him and he pushed back. Clear as day. As usual, he who goes second gets called for it. It was a typical Jones play from last night.

Jones tried to agitate Dante all night. Clapped in his face the whole game, etc. The refs talked to him 3 different times but never T'd him up for taunting. He'd have been T'd up twice in the KCAC or a neutral court.

He did a lot of yapping for having Dante drop 33 in his face. Had he put as much effort in to his own poor 1-for-7 shooting night from deep his team may have won the game. Instead, Dante got to talk and clap the whole ride home.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-17-2019, 10:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Jack Benedict might be the least homer announcer I've ever listened to. Now those TV jabronies are a different story. They don't even know the game and are complete homers.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    no doubt, but I expect that - our own radio guys are sort of homers, too. I'm happy when they get the names right, and when they kind of know the game, and give credit where it is due.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

IDK, I thought the announcer of the broadcast was a lot of homer lines too. According to that guy everything against ESU was ticky tack.
    no doubt, but I expect that - our own radio guys are sort of homers, too. I'm happy when they get the names right, and when they kind of know the game, and give credit where it is due.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

IDK, I thought the announcer of the broadcast was a lot of homer lines too. According to that guy everything against ESU was ticky tack.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X