• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden89
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
    Gannon was still playing off of an emotional win against edinboro. Winning a game like that usually carries over to the next game. IUP missed too many free throws and missed a lot of open threes. I think IUP wins out and makes the psac title game if Malik returns.
    Huh? And if Gannon lost, then it would have been a letdown after an emotional win two days earlier. And Gannon would have been the tired team after playing two games in three days because IUP had a bye on Saturday and they would have been focused coming off the Wednesday's UPJ loss.

IUP missed a couple of open looks, but Gannon's perimeter defense was much improved over the two-game train wreck of IUP & Seton Hill.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Heck of a win for Gannon. Intense on both sides. Respect to IUP ... everyone in the building knew that they'd make a game of it even when GU took the 20-point lead.

Gannon shot 50% from the field and was in IUP's face from behind the arc the whole game, unlike the second half run where the Hawks put the game away earlier this month. IUP missed a couple of open looks, but the 9/27 performance from behind the arc was a testament to Gannon's defensive effort.

IUP looked worn down after they cut way into the second half lead ... the missed FT's (5/12) were a result of how tired they were.

It's not like Gannon was hitting everything ... they were 50% from the field and 6/15 on threes. But they made their first seven shots of the second half (including 3/3 on threes) to take control of the game. Most of those shots were wide open. No way Gannon will catch the Hawks. This win helps the fight for second place -- the all-important bye and home game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Make the loss even worse .... Kutztown beat Ship in OT.

On to Clarion.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

Indeed. It's impressive because Gannon's play-by-play is right next to the visitor's bench. Believe it or not, the coaching staff has quieted down over the years. They were deafening the first few years of Reilly's tenure.

Leave a comment:

• Golden89
    replied

I sit near where Reilly is ... I think that Stay Down refers to defensive posture. Riles hates allowing dribble penetration.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Gannon was still playing off of an emotional win against edinboro. Winning a game like that usually carries over to the next game. IUP missed too many free throws and missed a lot of open threes. I think IUP wins out and makes the psac title game if Malik returns.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

No. 8 in your list is a common theme against IUP teams in the past 2-3 years in big games.

It's not a coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

My live perspective...

1) The officials SUCKED!!!
    2) IUP's free throw shooting was as bad as I've ever seen it. They could've taken the lead in the second half but made 1-5 at one point in the second half.
    3) The IUP looked very tentative probably because they knew they couldn't afford to foul.
    4) Hutton stunk in all aspects of the game tonight.
    5) Daunte was getting hammered driving the lane and continuous no calls.
    6) I feel bad for Glover... he drains a three and gets speared into their bench but... NO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    7) Lack of depth was a big issue.
    8) Gannon hasn't shot that good all year and won't do that again.

The window is closing on the PSAC West!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Nice win for Gannon. They earned it.

Unfortunately I think that's the end of the show. The East has too many teams with many less losses. And, frankly, I doubt IUP runs the rest of the regular season. Some of the things they continue to do over and over are just getting hard to watch.

IUP has a lot of needs heading in to this off-season. A lot.

Leave a comment:

• VoiceOfReason
    replied

IUP is a different team without Miller, no doubt. By why is it so hard to play at Gannon?

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Win the PSAC Tournament ... or book Spring Break.
    Not the ideal situation for a team with aspirations to advance to the NCAAs. Things are not good.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Win the PSAC Tournament ... or book Spring Break.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Start selectively fouling now

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Leave a comment: