Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Thoughts of a delusional former president.

The PSAC is a good home for IUP -- which is far, far from the IUP most of us used to know.

There was perhaps a window to move up 20-25 years ago.

But, really, move up to where? At best one notch, which is the dead-end, wasteland of D1?
    I often think of Mount St. Mary's, which used to be a powerhouse in small-college basketball. Heard of them much lately? Probably not.

Comment

The PSAC is a good home for IUP -- which is far, far from the IUP most of us used to know.

But, really, move up to where? At best one notch, which is the dead-end, wasteland of D1?
      Exactly. You'd lose attendance and significantly increase travel costs. Best situation is you win the conference and get to play the #5 Big 12 team in a play in game. The NEC is rated so low their auto bid isn't even really a bid to the tournament.

Comment

And the PSAC was a good home for Mercyhurst. Have no idea what the Administration thinks they are gaining in the NEC as they are Division One in name only.
        Last edited by gman16506; 04-05-2024, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• IUP signed a coveted player out of Erie McDowell ... Tyler Grove (6'6" G).

It appears Joe beat out a lot of schools on this one.

Joe is going big as that's two 6'6" guards in this class.

Comment

IUP signed a coveted player out of Erie McDowell ... Tyler Grove (6'6" G).

Yes, a lot of schools were after him. Could be a pretty nice signing. Defense is the worry b/c he can score on all 3 levels.

Comment

IUP signed a coveted player out of Erie McDowell ... Tyler Grove (6'6" G).

We should start running and over/under on how many years these kids stay given the current portal environment. We need a spreadsheet!

Looks like a good signing. It would be nice to get a kid that’s here five years and grows with the program. I realize this is a signing for the future, but I’d like to see a forward or two show up soon. As it is right now, looks like IUP is running a four guard starting lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

We should start running and over/under on how many years these kids stay given the current portal environment. We need a spreadsheet!

Looks like a good signing. It would be nice to get a kid that’s here five years and grows with the program. I realize this is a signing for the future, but I’d like to see a forward or two show up soon. As it is right now, looks like IUP is running a four guard starting lineup.
                It should be soon. Brooks and Romero-Sanz are the only two scholarship post players on the roster as of today.

Comment

• Updated (known) roster:

G

Garvin Clarke
                  Denzel Kabasele (missed entire '23-'24 season due to injury)
                  Dallis Dillard (missed majority of '23-'24 season due to injury)
                  Ian Herring (incoming freshman / post-grad player)
                  Sarp Furtun
                  Anthony Watson (redshirted in '23-'24 after JUCO transfer / two years' eligibility remaining)

F

Damir Brooks
                  Gabriel Romero-Sanz
                  Tyler Grove (incoming true freshman)
                  Callum MacNamara (missed majority of '23-'24 season due to injury)

Notes:

* There is one GMAC transfer guard (who visited IUP yesterday) in the mix (several are chasing him including West Liberty and St. Thomas Aquinas)

* While the KJ McClurg rumors were entertaining and would have made a great story, word on the street is he's planning to move (back) up to D1. I wouldn't say this is completely dead, but, ...

* Clarion export Jayson Harris is still available. He's an instant fix and Day 1 starter. Harris has also smoked IUP several times. This seems like a no-brainer. Make the call, Joe.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-11-2024, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Updated (known) roster:

G

Garvin Clarke
                    Denzel Kabasele (missed entire '23-'24 season due to injury)
                    Dallis Dillard (missed majority of '23-'24 season due to injury)
                    Ian Herring (incoming freshman / post-grad player)
                    Sarp Furtun
                    Anthony Watson (redshirted in '23-'24 after JUCO transfer / two years' eligibility remaining)

F

Damir Brooks
                    Gabriel Romero-Sanz
                    Tyler Grove (incoming true freshman)
                    Callum MacNamara (missed majority of '23-'24 season due to injury)

Notes:

* There is one GMAC transfer guard (who visited IUP yesterday) in the mix (several are chasing him including West Liberty and St. Thomas Aquinas)

* While the KJ McClurg rumors were entertaining and would have made a great story, word on the street is he's planning to move (back) up to D1. I wouldn't say this is completely dead, but, ...

* Clarion export Jayson Harris is still available. He's an instant fix and Day 1 starter. Harris has also smoked IUP several times. This seems like a no-brainer. Make the call, Joe.
                    I would imagine IUP isn't the only school interested in a kid such as Jayson Harris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I would imagine IUP isn't the only school interested in a kid such as Jayson Harris.
                      IUP doesn't seem interested in him. That's the problem.

Comment

• It appears Joe is attempting to have 13 guards and 2 post players next year -- and likely redshirt 6 of the guards.

Comment

• IUP has signed former Mercyhurst power forward Luke Triggs (6'7", 225 lbs).

Comment

IUP has signed former Mercyhurst power forward Luke Triggs (6'7", 225 lbs).
                            So where is the newest depth chart?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

So where is the newest depth chart?
                              I'm waiting until I can add Jayson Harris to it

Comment

I'm waiting until I can add Jayson Harris to it
                                Touche

Comment

Ad3

Collapse