X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Shawndale ball back to the KCAC tonight. 6 second half possessions in which the point guard dribbled the ball down the floor and did not pass it to anyone. Ethan sets a pick and then a lousy forced shot ensued. Three other guys just stood there flat-footed and never moved. Ethan is the best player in the psac and he is just setting picks.

I just do not understand this....
    I thought the same thing. Shot selection was suspect (by both teams) last night. EP was underutilized. When he's involved in the offense, he's dang near unstoppable. But you're right that pick-setting appeared to be his number one job last night.

That said, I did think Clarke was impressive. Even in what was likely not a vintage game from him, it's clear that he's doing all the little things, making the hustle plays, that make him a really nice piece to build around for the future. He'll be a beast if they can get some other pieces around him.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
    The situation with Brooks and Waldo is embarrassing. And it contributes even more to the comment I made regarding Radford and Polce yesterday. Use your bench for goodness sakes. Brooks should be starting, forget coming off the bench.

I won't get into the KJ situation. It is what it is. He plays hard. CJ Rudisill played hard too. But when he missed those two free throws with like 2:30 left and IUP down 4-5, I laughed out loud.

How Brooks can't play a minute last night is, to steal EyeOfTheHawk's verbiage, "astonishing."
    Don't be shy. Nepotism is the word. There is no other word.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Joe said Cal took away their three best offensive weapons.

Lol. They only have four actual D2 players on the current active roster (that he'll actually play). That doesn't leave much.

He's delusional. He fails to mention by playing man crush his actual star gets doubled all night.

I think they'll be in a dog fight at Clarion tomorrow. Fourth game in 8 days after back to back emotional games. I smell a hangover - and some fatigue with his 6-man roster. Clarion plays everybody fairly tight. I could see the Golden Eagles winning tomorrow.
    I had the Clarion/Hurst game on last night. Mercyhurst was up by 23 points and Clarion scrapped and clawed and got it to within 7-8 in the final 2 minutes. Lakers -4.5 was in jeopardy. The game seemed to turn when Clarion rammed up on the defensive end and starting pressing Hurst. Given IUP's depth issues, their compressed schedule, and difficulty breaking the press, I would press them all night.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    The situation with Brooks and Waldo is embarrassing. And it contributes even more to the comment I made regarding Radford and Polce yesterday. Use your bench for goodness sakes. Brooks should be starting, forget coming off the bench.

I won't get into the KJ situation. It is what it is. He plays hard. CJ Rudisill played hard too. But when he missed those two free throws with like 2:30 left and IUP down 4-5, I laughed out loud.

How Brooks can't play a minute last night is, to steal EyeOfTheHawk's verbiage, "astonishing."

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Joe said Cal took away their three best offensive weapons.

Lol. They only have four actual D2 players on the current active roster (that he'll actually play). That doesn't leave much.

He's delusional. He fails to mention by playing man crush his actual star gets doubled all night.

I think they'll be in a dog fight at Clarion tomorrow. Fourth game in 8 days after back to back emotional games. I smell a hangover - and some fatigue with his 6-man roster. Clarion plays everybody fairly tight. I could see the Golden Eagles winning tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Most everything has been covered. My observations:

- Cal isn’t that good. They should have beaten IUP by 20. They may be “good” for this year’s version of the PSAC, but they’re zero threat to get out of the region.

- That may have been the worst officiated game I’ve seen at this level. That young dude has no business officiating in the league, or even high school for that matter. John is John and the game has passed him by. It was bad for both teams, but the real dagger was the technical on Stewart after the missed call on him being shoved out of bounds. I was right there and Stewart absolutely didn’t deserve the T there, especially after everything Danny and the boys were allowed to get away with. That ended up being a four point swing when IUP was up five. Overall the officials lost control of the game at times. What a mess.

- I could have been happy for Cal for finally breaking the streak until they proved why they’re so easy to dislike with their behavior. That starts with Danny who’s a childish moron. Chirping from the bench by the players at the fans in the final minute after improving their sparkling recent record against IUP (and a very depleted IUP team at that) to 1-21, was pretty tone deaf. Say what you want about Joe’s recent coaching blunders, but IUP players don’t do that. Enjoy your one win in 22 tries. I get it. But maybe look on the wall at the banners hanging in the KCAC and wonder why you don’t have any. To be fair, it wasn’t all the Cal players, but they have a few that need an attitude adjustment.

- Nothing to add to what’s already been said about roster usage. Brooks never saw the floor. That was astonishing.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

KJ plays hard. I'll give him that.

But ... Come on, Joe. Dude is a 'listed' 6'4" guard and you're playing him all night against the best trio of bigs in the league.

Not a soul could convince me that playing the Waldo/Brooks combo wouldn't have been WAY more productive.

Damir should go in the portal tomorrow. Same with Waldo.

This team is what it is but Joe is sabotaging it.

And, as we all said, the foul trouble night would come. So, he had to turn to some guys who literally haven't played in the past 7-8 games. What's he really expect out of guys he hasn't cared to develop?

They played a tough game. Nothing to be ashamed about tonight. Cal is a really good team and they had them pretty stuffed most of the night. Joe just doesn't have enough left -- and he's using what he does have left terribly.
    Brooks was one of the best players on the floor when they played Ship earlier in the year. I know he's not their primary offensive threat, but it's not like the guys playing in his place are scoring in bunches. IUP was getting killed on the boards and they needed some physicality. They also seemed to have no real offensive plan much of the first half; it looked like a bunch of guys standing around the perimeter and firing up a lot of 3s, many of them bricks. I thought Stewart was going to shoot them out of the game the first half. IUP was scrappy on defense, and Cal played tight in the first half, perhaps carrying the burden of their long losing streak to the Hawks. It was a competitive game, but certainly not the overall quality of play you'd expect from two teams that were 9-2 in the league going into the game.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP1423 View Post
    Shawndale ball back to the KCAC tonight. 6 second half possessions in which the point guard dribbled the ball down the floor and did not pass it to anyone. Ethan sets a pick and then a lousy forced shot ensued. Three other guys just stood there flat-footed and never moved. Ethan is the best player in the psac and he is just setting picks.

Keep in mind Cal totally ignored our small forward position. Ethan was doubled almost the whole game. That's the trickle down of giving up a position on the floor. Joe's never had a weakness like this in his tenure. Every team they play now knows it and is doubling up on EP.

At least with Damir you have to worry about his dunks and stuff. Petteno draws some attention and his not dressing tonight was a major loss. Waldo can allegedly shoot.

KJ has a red light and doesn't even take shots when he's wide open. Teams are teeing off on it (as they should be). It's very frustrating to watch.

They can get away with this crap against most teams. But, it's why they are 1-6 against the 7 best teams they've played. It is what it is. This isn't an NCAA team. Another month and it's over. Hit the reload button with some impact bigs for next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Hey Joe, KJ sucks and so do you!!!
    KJ plays hard. I'll give him that.

But ... Come on, Joe. Dude is a 'listed' 6'4" guard and you're playing him all night against the best trio of bigs in the league.

Not a soul could convince me that playing the Waldo/Brooks combo wouldn't have been WAY more productive.

Damir should go in the portal tomorrow. Same with Waldo.

This team is what it is but Joe is sabotaging it.

And, as we all said, the foul trouble night would come. So, he had to turn to some guys who literally haven't played in the past 7-8 games. What's he really expect out of guys he hasn't cared to develop?

They played a tough game. Nothing to be ashamed about tonight. Cal is a really good team and they had them pretty stuffed most of the night. Joe just doesn't have enough left -- and he's using what he does have left terribly.

Leave a comment:

• IUP1423
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Damir Brooks ... ZERO minutes. Waldo should have played 30 minutes.

TOTAL Bull****!t by Lombardi. He's actually embarrassing himself. That massive Cal lineup and he played his man crush the whole game.

IUP's 4 spot was a disaster (as usual). If they could have got anything out of that spot they'd have probably won the game. Cal literally didn't guard the position.

Joe's now 1-6 vs good teams this year.
    Hey Joe, KJ sucks and so do you!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Damir Brooks ... ZERO minutes. Waldo should have played 30 minutes.

TOTAL Bull****!t by Lombardi. He's actually embarrassing himself. That massive Cal lineup and he played his man crush the whole game.

IUP's 4 spot was a disaster (as usual). If they could have got anything out of that spot they'd have probably won the game. Cal literally didn't guard the position.

Joe's now 1-6 vs good teams this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by TopperNation View Post

Oh you are exactly right, I was thinking of Gannon.
    Cal better get a whole lot better. IUP's half roster just about beat them. Petteno didn't dress which made it 5 on 4 all night.

Great effort from IUP. 26 to 11 foul shots and barely lost. On paper Cal should have crushed them
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-29-2024, 08:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TopperNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrub View Post

You might be thinking of Gannon (the "PSAC WLU"). But Cal tends to average in the 80s nonetheless. They're not getting anywhere near the 80s in this one.
    Oh you are exactly right, I was thinking of Gannon.

Leave a comment:

• Scrub
    replied
    Originally posted by TopperNation View Post
    Whew I guess this is a typical game in the PSAC. I thought Cal would push the pace seeing as they are the new version of WL.
    You might be thinking of Gannon (the "PSAC WLU"). But Cal tends to average in the 80s nonetheless. They're not getting anywhere near the 80s in this one.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X