• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPTrackMan
    replied
    Re: Iup basketball

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    First, Dante isn't 5'9. He's listed at 6'0 and that's not being generous. He's always been listed at 6'0.

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Dustin Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

Dante is a trash talker. He's a bit cocky. He's also very good. Doesn't matter his size you're going to piss off players of all sizes with his mouth and attitude.
    Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 01-13-2018, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I know.

But ... one game at a time.

And, the IUP teams whom lead to that 'big game debacle' rep ... would have lost today.

Edinboro is real good. We may see them 2-3 more times.

But .. getting one in their building is huge.

On to the Viet Mon.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Enough about Bravado Joe ... how about Tom?

Huge road win today. Tom is 15-0.

With the obvious Boro loss and the Cal loss ... Tom opens up a two-game lead.

Up next: the AngeloDome on Wednesday.
    Okay, that was part one with a nice win today. But now Irish Tom and his charges have to beat an angry Cal team on Wed. nite to avoid "the same old story" file.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Enough about Bravado Joe ... how about Tom?

Huge road win today. Tom is 15-0.

With the obvious Boro loss and the Cal loss ... Tom opens up a two-game lead.

Up next: the AngeloDome on Wednesday.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    First, Dante isn't 5'9. He's listed at 6'0 and that's not being generous. He's always been listed at 6'0.

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Dustin Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

Dante is a trash talker. He's a bit cocky. He's also very good. Doesn't matter his size you're going to piss off players of all sizes with his mouth and attitude.
    I walked right by Dante last summer in the MFH. I was shocked at how small he was. I'm about 6-1 and I don't think he was six. He is very thin and small-framed. Not sure how tall he is. Taller than 5-9. Maybe 5-10/5-11?? Not a large guy. But his father is a pretty big dude.

-

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I'll give Dante one thing.

And, it's a big thing.

He's got ice in the veins. Horrible game today ... and hits the walk-off.

I always say .. you have to beat Joe for a full 40 minutes. They don't stop coming. For all this teams shortcomings ... they don't stop.
    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-13-2018, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

If Dante is above 5'10" ... I'm Elvis Presley. I don't care what that roster says. I've stood right beside him.

And, if Anthony Glover is his listed 6'2" ... I'm the easter bunny, too.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Staunch .. the hired TE muscle goon ... got in to it with Dante several times today.

Granted .. 6'5", 270 lb hired enforcer (boro announcer term not mine) kept getting in to it with the 5'9" (maybe) Dante Lombardi.

He's there for a reason ... for what you saw today ... to be a goon.

Dante always becomes the target. Dustin Sleva did the same thing. Ignored Devon Cottrell and went to Dante. Micha Till went after him. It must make them feel tough. Pick on Willem next time.

Dante got the last laugh, though ... draining a walk-off trey on him.

Like I said, I wish IUP did the same thing. Get a big football player to go in a couple minutes and wreck havoc. Staunch is effective. No basketball skills but he fills the role well.

Second, Staunch isn't a goon without any basketball skill. He scored over 2,000 points in high school. Sure he plays physically but how is that different from a similarly sized former Boro player Darren Tielsch? If he were 6'5 200 his style of play would be a compliment.

Last edited by Fightingscot82; 01-14-2018, 06:12 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Staunch will also be Target No. 1 inside the KCAC. It will start in warm-ups. Payback is a .... you know.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Staunch .. the hired TE muscle goon ... got in to it with Dante several times today.

Granted .. 6'5", 270 lb hired enforcer (boro announcer term not mine) kept getting in to it with the 5'9" (maybe) Dante Lombardi.

He's there for a reason ... for what you saw today ... to be a goon.

Dante always becomes the target. Dustin Sleva did the same thing. Ignored Devon Cottrell and went to Dante. Micha Till went after him. It must make them feel tough. Pick on Willem next time.

Dante got the last laugh, though ... draining a walk-off trey on him.

Like I said, I wish IUP did the same thing. Get a big football player to go in a couple minutes and wreck havoc. Staunch is effective. No basketball skills but he fills the role well.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

To clarify I'm talking about Dante.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Finally got to see IUP in person. They do have some work to do on the offensive end. I thought they played with a lot of energy on the defensive end. Overall the game was tough to watch with all the fouls called. Maybe someone can fill me in on the Lombardi issue I must have missed it. I left right after the game.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

The football player ... is gonna get torched at KCAC. He better be ready. Pick on smallest guy on court. Real tough.

Hope he's ready.
    I was told that Lombardi said something to Staunch that set him off. If true, that explains the reaction.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

The lower Section 112 is gonna barrage that punk. Hope he has a temperament. It's on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Give me a break. That dude ... that big ... you pick on Dante?

He needs some payback. Pick on somebody half your size .... real tough. I'm impressed. Real bad as$.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X