Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
    off topic but somewhat on topic.. i didn't realize LeMoyne went D1?
    They went up a year or two ago. The NEC is largely becoming a conference if recent D2 schools.

I've been to their gym. IUP played a home and home with them several years back. It is smaller than Mercyhurst's venue.

Comment

• So I wonder if PSAC intends to invite a team to take Hurst spot or if they'll move East team back to West. Lock Haven used to be in the West. LH and Mansfield are about the same distance in relation to Erie (using that for distance since Gannon/Edinboro are the furthest West Schools)

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
        So I wonder if PSAC intends to invite a team to take Hurst spot or if they'll move East team back to West. Lock Haven used to be in the West. LH and Mansfield are about the same distance in relation to Erie (using that for distance since Gannon/Edinboro are the furthest West Schools)
        Rumors all point to Frostburg State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Rumors all point to Frostburg State.
          That is a dumpster fire of a basketball program, too.

Comment

• Get Fairmont St!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Get Fairmont St!
              Too far and too inconvenient. West Liberty is a little better because they're right off I-70. I'm all in on Frostburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Too far and too inconvenient. West Liberty is a little better because they're right off I-70. I'm all in on Frostburg.
                I don't know about too far. Fairmont State is like 10 minutes directly south of Morgantown. For instance, Fairmont State is closer to IUP than Gannon is (and is even closer for Seton Hill and Cal).

But, I agree, Frostburg State seems to have all the buzz.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I don't know about too far. Fairmont State is like 10 minutes directly south of Morgantown. For instance, Fairmont State is closer to IUP than Gannon is (and is even closer for Seton Hill and Cal).

But, I agree, Frostburg State seems to have all the buzz.
                  Geography aside... I actually would prefer Charleston out of the MEC compared to Fairmont.

That said, I agree that Frostburg has buzz and makes sense. I would also love to see the PSAC kick the tires on West Liberty. I bet they would be interested, but who knows...

Comment

That is a dumpster fire of a basketball program, too.
                    In these days of the transfer portal, that can change quickly. We obviously had a supreme example of that in the PSAC West this year.

Comment

• You gotta think Point Park would prefer the PSAC over the MEC if they had known there would be an opening four months sooner. PPU doesn't have all the sports the PSAC sponsors, but the PSAC also doesn't have anyone in the direct Pittsburgh media market -- which is valuable property.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Geography aside... I actually would prefer Charleston out of the MEC compared to Fairmont.

That said, I agree that Frostburg has buzz and makes sense. I would also love to see the PSAC kick the tires on West Liberty. I bet they would be interested, but who knows...
                        It'd be interesting to see how WLU's admin would respond (if approached). On one hand, it makes total sense and would be a good athletic move for WLU. But the MEC was also founded by a then-president of West Liberty and is currently run by a commissioner who is a former employee of West Liberty. So, the question would be a matter of weighing expedience and personal gain against tradition and loyalty. It'd be interesting to see the response for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                          You gotta think Point Park would prefer the PSAC over the MEC if they had known there would be an opening four months sooner. PPU doesn't have all the sports the PSAC sponsors, but the PSAC also doesn't have anyone in the direct Pittsburgh media market -- which is valuable property.
                          Valuable for what? The Pittsburgh media barely knows Robert Morris and Duquesne exist. The PSAC having a team in downtown Pittsburgh would do nothing. The league already has the city surrounded.

Besides, we are already stuck with no-football UPJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

It'd be interesting to see how WLU's admin would respond (if approached). On one hand, it makes total sense and would be a good athletic move for WLU. But the MEC was also founded by a then-president of West Liberty and is currently run by a commissioner who is a former employee of West Liberty. So, the question would be a matter of weighing expedience and personal gain against tradition and loyalty. It'd be interesting to see the response for sure.
                            Well, said commish may soon be unemployed if another football school walks (and that's likely to happen).

Football in the MEC is in bad shape - especially if Frostburg leaves.

Comment

Valuable for what? The Pittsburgh media barely knows Robert Morris and Duquesne exist. The PSAC having a team in downtown Pittsburgh would do nothing. The league already has the city surrounded.

Besides, we are already stuck with no-football UPJ.
                              The Pittsburgh media barely knows Pitt exists until they want to trash the university or the two main athletic programs.

Comment

Well, said commish may soon be unemployed if another football school walks (and that's likely to happen).

Football in the MEC is in bad shape - especially if Frostburg leaves.
                                I feel like West Liberty offers a similar geographic value add that Frostburg does, relatively speaking. It's not extremely far away from current PSAC West members. It's an easily accessible area. It has athletic history with Shepherd in the east already.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X