• Show
Clear All

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    Wow. Huge win for Cal

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    We don't have a great lineup on tap tomorrow, but there are a couple games of intrigue. Then again, point spreads make everything more exciting.

Slippery Rock at Edinboro - The good news for one of these teams is a losing streak will end. After a solid start, SRU's season has come off the rails. The Rock has lost 6 of its past 8 games -- including 3 straight. Things are worse in McComb. Edinboro has lost 11 of its past 12 games. A win tomorrow clinches the final spot in the West for Slippery Rock. An Edinboro win would keep their conference tournament hopes alive -- albeit on life support. The Rock won the first meeting by 13 points but it was a closer than the final score. If motivated, the Scots can hang around in this match-up. Dom Keyes could pose some major issues to the SRU defense, but, he has to stay on the floor. Vegas says expect a good game for 30 minutes. SRU pulls away late. Rock -7.5

Kutztown at Lock Haven - The Golden Bears don't win much -- but, they cover a lot. They've taken some beatings but typically slide in to some backdoor covers by keeping games closer than many expect. Lock Haven, conversely, has been a gamblers' nightmare. While few probably bet on the Bald Eagles to win at red-hot Millersville this past Wednesday, not many saw them getting blasted by 26 points. The first meeting was pretty close. Lock Haven pulled out a 10-point win. Did the Bald Eagles simply have a bad night scoring just 52 points or is there more to the story? Vegas says Upset Alert. Kutztown's lost 9 painful games in a row. Streaks end. Golden Bears -1.5

Millersville at East Stroudsburg - Well, something happened after the Warriors defeated the Marauders, 86-75, back on January 14. Millersville hasn't lost since -- winners of 9 straight. East Stroudsburg is just 4-5 during the same stretch. The Warriors, loaded with depth and talent, are hard to bet against. But, they aren't exactly lighting the world on fire the past month. Vegas says ignore the hot hand in this one. ESU is at home and the Marauders are due for a loss. ESU -3.5

IUP at Clarion - This will be IUP's third game of the season at Waldo S. Tippin Gymnasium. The Hawks are 2-0 this year in the beautifully-renovated facility. The host Golden Eagles are 3-19 and out of contention for the conference tournament. IUP won the first meeting by 30+ points, although it was fairly close at halftime. Most would be shocked if Ethan Porterfield plays tomorrow as this seems like a perfect rest day. IUP needs to take the game seriously. Clarion most recently lost in Johnstown by just 10 points and to Seton Hill also by just 10 points. So, they haven't quit. Vegas says IUP is coming off a brutal stretch of games -- and to likely expect its first half performance to be, well, brutal. But, IUP is far too deep -- with or without Porterfield. Clarion's issue all year has been a very short bench. IUP wins but it will be closer than many think. Expect a somewhat sluggish performance. IUP -15.5

Seton Hill at Pitt-Johnstown - The Griffins are hot again -- winners of 3 straight. Seton Hill also upset UPJ earlier this year in Greensburg. We all know, however, the Mountain Cats are a different breed in Johnstown. But, will they have an IUP hangover? Pitt-Johnstown's pick-n-rolls, picket fences, etc., are much harder to execute against a tough zone defense. Vegas says this is the key stat tomorrow: Seton Hill is just 4-6 on the road while UPJ is 10-1 at home. The Cats shoot the lights out in Johnstown, and Kromka can walk on water in the Sports Center. Expect a tight one -- and probably the most entertaining game of the day -- but, UPJ wins. Pitt-Johnstown still has a trip to Mercyhurst looming, so a loss tomorrow could be devastating to its NCAA hopes. UPJ -5.5

Shippensburg at Mansfield - The first meeting was surprisingly close. The Raiders won by just 7 points. Times have changed, however. Mansfield is in season-ending countdown mode. Shippensburg has a lot on the line. The only possible scenario of an upset tomorrow is if the Raiders are totally looking ahead to Millersville's visit next Wednesday. Vegas expects a comfortable Shippensburg win. Raiders -13.5

Bloomsburg at Shepherd - The Rams can punch the last East ticket to the conference tournament tomorrow. In Shepherdstown, this shouldn't be close. But, because it does involve the sporadic Rams, it probably will be close. The Huskies kept it close the first time, losing by just 11 points. Vegas says it won't be close tomorrow, however. Rams make it rain. Shepherd -15.5

California at Mercyhurst - The Vulcans outplayed the Lakers for 39.5 of 40 minutes in the first meeting -- a 66-65 Mercyhurst win. To California's credit, the Vulcans haven't gone away. After winning 3 straight, Cal is up to .500 and remains a very dangerous team. The Vulcans match up well with Mercyhurst. Both teams play 4 guards and an athletic post player. The Lakers are just deeper -- and, also red hot. Vegas says the home team will be too much in the MAC but this should be another close one. Mercyhurst wins ... but, don't be shocked. Lakers -5.5

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

LOL.

I’ve just never been impressed by him. He’s just productive, not flashy. Can’t dispute his success.
    He's tough to read because they play him with four guards. Imagine JPK with Tomiwa as a running mate.

But, no doubt, he's not winning any flash awards. He does get to the hole tremendously. Very smooth.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He looks like he's in his 40's.
    LOL.

I’ve just never been impressed by him. He’s just productive, not flashy. Can’t dispute his success.

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.
    That's what KJs essentially been doing at Gannon and we ser what its gotten him haha

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPHawks24 View Post

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.

After this season, they'll lose Batt, Magestro, Jakubick, Kromka and Landis. That's a lot of firepower in one off-season.

I swear Landis has been there 14 years.

They did sign the WPIAL's leading scorer (well, he was at one time, anyway).

Tomiwa is really the x-factor playing against their 4-guard lineup. That gives them a big advantage against most teams. Tomiwa can match-up with guards which offsets their attempt at mismatches.

UPJ has a tough team. They are by no means an easy out -- especially when you decide to play them at their pace. If you watch them in warm-ups you'd think IUP would beat them by 75 points. But, they really make that old-school system work. Kromka is one smooth dude around the basket.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
    IUP* 17-1 23-1 W1
    Mercyhurst* 14-3 18-3 W5
    Pitt-Johnstown* 13-4 17-6 L1
    Seton Hill* 10-8 15-9 W3
    California* 9-9 12-12 W3
    Slippery Rock 8-10 14-10 L3
    Edinboro 3-14 5-17 L6
    Gannon 2-16 2-20 L4
    Clarion 1-16 3-19 L2

* Clinched PSAC Tournament berth

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Hurst will rebuild in the off-season. Always do
    Gary will find some bodies but it will take time to teach them Gary's ways with the D.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Hurst should establish some pipelines with Kennedy Catholic and those private schools that always seem to magically land new athletes from NOWHERE near the school.
    Like Gannon did and the kid turned out to be a complete douche!

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Leave a comment:

• bballfan03
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    This was the team UPJ they was building up to ... until Mulbah left.

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

I wonder if this is Rukavina's swan song.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

I like the new guard Shull. He’s a nice player. Bizarre move for Mulbah to leave and then end up at an NAIA in Florida.

I wonder if any of those 6 still have a year left? It’s difficult to know now what each kid’s situation is. Same thing with Mercyhurst, I think a couple of their main guys could return.
    McIntosh and Nick Lang are both for sure done at Hurst. Now Bradley, Planutis, Sandy and Hoepner are all question marks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.
    He looks like he's in his 40's.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

His Holiness (JPK) is 100 percent done after this season.

Leave a comment:

• IUPHawks24
    replied
    This was the team UPJ they was building up to ... until Mulbah left.

They lose 6 seniors this off-season (4 starters). Mercyhurst is also getting gutted.

I wonder if this is Rukavina's swan song.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X