Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

What about the guy who paid $175 for his season ticket? (that's what I paid when I lived in Erie). Why should cheapies come in at @ a third the price? Just not fair or ethical..
    He has full rights to his seat(s). But when 3 rows of seats are empty EVERY home game... anyone should be allowed to sit there. (they should be allowed to sit in any plush seat not spoken for any game... and if someone shows up, then you move).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Fair weather fan statement!!!
      i've only missed watching two games in the past 8 years (prior to PSAC TV - home games and games at Hurst, Boro, Clarion and Rock). So I'd say not fair weather.

Comment

What about the guy who paid $175 for his season ticket? (that's what I paid when I lived in Erie). Why should cheapies come in at @ a third the price? Just not fair or ethical..

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The KCAC has struggled with this exact scenario for years. IUP has 'ushers' at the top of each section but they do absolutely nothing to control who sits where. The KCAC, in theory, is all reserved seats. Some, obviously, cost more than others. There is no general admission ... i.e. you get a ticket with a row and seat number. That said, hardly a game goes by when I don't have to toss somebody out of my seats. Nobody ever puts up a fight. They know they are in the wrong seat.

Now if it's a game I'm not actually attending or haven't given my tickets away ... I could care less who sits in them.
          that's how it should be. (well the ushers should be enforcing it if they are there). But if no one is in the seat, let anyone sit there. If someone comes, move. Most times if someone is in a plus seat and the actual ticket holder comes, the person sitting there can move down a seat or two and find another empty seat lol

Comment

• I see different suppose I want a new car and buy a lower end model for $15K when I go to pick it up I jump into a $50k luxery model and say hey this has been empty and no-one bought it so I'll just take this high $ model. Not to worry if some-
            one else paid for it, I'll just give it to him when he wants it with no argument.

Comment

I see different suppose I want a new car and buy a lower end model for $15K when I go to pick it up I jump into a $50k luxery model and say hey this has been empty and no-one bought it so I'll just take this high $ model. Not to worry if some-
              one else paid for it, I'll just give it to him when he wants it with no argument.

Comment

• You're on that. I guess to me its a matter of ethics. That seat cost approx. $12/game.
                If you have a widget in your store that you sell for $12 but sold by the case for $175 and while attending a regular customer someone comes in takes one and leaves $5 on the counter explaining no one is buying this widget. So I'll just leave a fiver. Would you be overjoyed with the $5 knowing he initially would have bought a doodad at the stated $5 price.
                To me its just not right. Its like cheating the owner of $7. If you want to sit there pay the price, you know that going in.
                That's all I have to say on this subject.
                I have some reports to go over.

Comment

You're on that. I guess to me its a matter of ethics. That seat cost approx. $12/game.
                  If you have a widget in your store that you sell for $12 but sold by the case for $175 and while attending a regular customer someone comes in takes one and leaves $5 on the counter explaining no one is buying this widget. So I'll just leave a fiver. Would you be overjoyed with the $5 knowing he initially would have bought a doodad at the stated $5 price.
                  To me its just not right. Its like cheating the owner of $7. If you want to sit there pay the price, you know that going in.
                  That's all I have to say on this subject.
                  I have some reports to go over.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

i've only missed watching two games in the past 8 years (prior to PSAC TV - home games and games at Hurst, Boro, Clarion and Rock). So I'd say not fair weather.
                    You missed the point as usual!!! I'll leave it at that. I'm not arguing with a stump!

Comment

• How can 2 decent college teams play 20 minute half to a SRU 27- GU 19 score ??

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        How can 2 decent college teams play 20 minute half to a SRU 27- GU 19 score ??
                        BECAUSE THEY STINK!!!

Comment

• At Gannon vs SRU. Rock .leads at half 27-19. Rock has 3 bad 3pt shooters (23%, 28%, 31%). They are 0-9 from floor. Rest of team is 10-21. They would be a combined 0-3 under Reynolds because their playing time would be short lived. Rock really misses Jared Armstrong. Gannon playing abysmal but they are pretty physical

IUP starts second half 2-11 while gannon goes 8-13. Gannon takes 9 pt lead
                          Last edited by IUPTrackMan; 01-29-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• They cannot. $5 is general admission bleachers only. So, yes, they are making $7 regardless if they season ticket holder shows up and then $5 more. I know a handful of people who quit paying $5 when Gannon started policing EMPTY seats. $25-$30 a game lost right there.

I agree it's not "right" and, in a view of ethics it shouldn't be allowed. But no one is being hurt by it. If a guy pays $15k and takes a $50k car.. that car lot owner is potentially looking at a loss of job. No one working in the Audi is going to lose a job over a random sitting in a reserved seat. As stated above, context makes a difference.

If someone has reservations at a restaurant, the restaurant will give that table up if you dont show in a matter of time. Because they want the definite money. If allowing a random to sit in an empty reserved seat gets a person in the door, why defer it? Maybe that random strikes up convos with people around that seat and decides to put his/her name in for reserved seats. Possibly a new season ticket holder next year.

So I will agree ethically morally right vs wrong.. it is not right. But if you enforce it enough to keep ticket season holders happy and make some others happy.. is it hurting anyone?

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                              How can 2 decent college teams play 20 minute half to a SRU 27- GU 19 score ??
                              I think calling either of these teams decent is being nice lol below average.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You missed the point as usual!!! I'll leave it at that. I'm not arguing with a stump!
                                I guess I didn't realize fans only count if they show up in person at games and that alumni who constantly buy from their overpriced store and follow the team and watch every game are not real fans. Bark.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X