Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    I'm a little surprised to see Gannon stay in the top-25 in the poll released this afternoon after their beat-down by Mercyhurst. Admittedly, lots of teams could suffer a beat-down at the hands of Mercyhurst, but I thought the national poll might start to sour on Gannon when combining their low SOS and big loss to one of the few legit teams on their schedule.
    Reality is if you're not in the Top 6 nobody really cares about the polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

First world problems. ; ) You're probably right . . . as a fan of IUP or WLU. But for some of these teams, cracking the top-25 (even if it's at #24) is probably celebrated widely on their websites and local media. You and I (and fans of Northern State, Northwestern Missouri, Colorado Mines, etc.) have the luxury poo-pooing a bottom-half top-25 ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

First world problems. ; ) You're probably right . . . as a fan of IUP or WLU. But for some of these teams, cracking the top-25 (even if it's at #24) is probably celebrated widely on their websites and local media. You and I (and fans of Northern State, Northwestern Missouri, Colorado Mines, etc.) have the luxury poo-pooing a bottom-half top-25 ranking.
        Valid

Comment

• William Vedder (6'9", 225 lb PF) from Virginia State has entered the portal. One year remaining.

Comment

Not true...Result vs ranked teams is one of the tourney selection criteria. Soooo...I'd say that some people do care about where a team is ranked...ORRR not ranked!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Not true...Result vs ranked teams is one of the tourney selection criteria. Soooo...I'd say that some people do care about where a team is ranked...ORRR not ranked!
              I'm talking end of the year ... if you aren't in that Final 6 ... the polls are just window dressing at that point.

Comment

I'm talking end of the year ... if you aren't in that Final 6 ... the polls are just window dressing at that point.
                I understand what you're saying but Record vs ranked teams plays into who is in the Top 6 so it does matter. Does it matter a lot? Probably not...but it is a criteria.

Comment

• Ranked teams in the national poll are subjective and worthless. There are teams in the top 25 that suck this year but their name has them ranked.

Comment

• Record vs ranked teams refers to teams ranked in the regional polls, not the NABC polls.
                    The rule is "once ranked, always ranked". So if a team is ranked in the first regional poll, even if they drop out in the next one, games played against them count as a ranked game.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                      Record vs ranked teams refers to teams ranked in the regional polls, not the NABC polls.
                      The rule is "once ranked, always ranked". So if a team is ranked in the first regional poll, even if they drop out in the next one, games played against them count as a ranked game.
                      Still horrible!

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                        Record vs ranked teams refers to teams ranked in the regional polls, not the NABC polls.
                        I find it interesting that they are still ranking Lincoln even though they haven't played in months and clearly are not going to the NCAA Tourney. Only reason I can think of is that including them boosts the Opponent Opponents Winning Percentage for one (?) "regionally ranked" team.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I find it interesting that they are still ranking Lincoln even though they haven't played in months and clearly are not going to the NCAA Tourney. Only reason I can think of is that including them boosts the Opponent Opponents Winning Percentage for one (?) "regionally ranked" team.
                          Lincoln isn't in the Regional "Consideration" list, which is what I believe schnautza is referring to.

Comment

• It appears Mercyhurst's game at Clarion tomorrow has been cancelled. Not sure why. That's per the Clarion site.

I'm sure Joe would play them if they needed a game. That could be real risky for the Lakers, however.

Comment

It appears Mercyhurst's game at Clarion tomorrow has been cancelled. Not sure why. That's per the Clarion site.

I'm sure Joe would play them if they needed a game. That could be real risky for the Lakers, however.
                              Risky is exactly what I would say. Mercyhurst can't afford a loss with their strength of schedule being so weak. Maybe Cal, UPJ or The Rock will play them?

Comment

• Tim Smith (Cal) has entered the portal. Yet another huge off-season loss for Sancomb.

With three years left he's going to be pretty attractive to many.

6'7" guard.

I think Joe should take a look at him.
                                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 03-08-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X