Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of M. Williams ... never forget the night in his first year he about wanted to fight Joe.

Joe doesn't run up scores on people. Yet, Clarion would not call of its press. It was easy layup after easy layup and the score ballooned to like 50-some.

I remember Joe yelling back to quit pressing and they'll slow down. Lol.

Williams left the court restrained yelling 'I'm gonna get you.'

He never got him.

Comment

• Looks like Clarion's big fella, Godspower, is off the team. He's in the team photo but off the roster. He also wasn't in the gym for the Mercyhurst game.

That dude was a throwback to the 90s PSAC ... maybe the biggest player I've seen in person. He was about 6'10" and 285 lbs. But, he could move for his size and had some skill.

I remember last year - I think it was Chuckie - ran in to him by accident in the low post -- and then went airborne about 10'.

It reminded me of when Till launched Dante about 15' in the air. Of course, only one of those collisions was on purpose. Dante sure had a way of getting picked on by the former football players.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's funny how times change. Clarion used to be a basketball hotbed. In the 90s they had some really good teams -- and really big crowds.

Tippin was one of the loudest gyms around in that era. It could be deafening in there. Fast forward and that program is just a relic of an era gone by.

IUP games there are hilarious. I go on that road trip every year. IUP brings 100-150 people. Clarion has 50. It's a defacto home game.

Ron Righter had a great, long career there. They've been a lost soul since. Marcess had one decent team but once those guys he brought with him left ... it was over.
        Yes but that was in the old days when having 5 schollies put you in contention. The Pirates were once competitive too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Yes but that was in the old days when having 5 schollies put you in contention. The Pirates were once competitive too.
          Speaking of those Buccos ... read this morning that Trevor Bauer's new Dodgers deal will pay HIM more than the entire Pirates roster this season.

MLB is such a joke.

Comment

Speaking of those Buccos ... read this morning that Trevor Bauer's new Dodgers deal will pay HIM more than the entire Pirates roster this season.

MLB is such a joke.
            MLB is a joke or the Buccos are a joke??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

MLB is a joke or the Buccos are a joke??
              Both

Comment

Both
                both is correct!

Comment

Both
                  I agree with Pittsburgh, but why MLB??

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I agree with Pittsburgh, but why MLB??
                    All owners are making so much money there's no incentive to win. No localized revenue sharing and no rules to force owners to spend on the 25 man roster. So the Oracle of Oglebay is allowed to use any national revenue sharing on the 25 man roster and uses GameDay revenue to run the operations. Once ticket sales were voided he laid off everyone but baseball operations.

Comment

• Couple recruiting notes:

* T.J. Pugh (6'5" small forward from Shelby, OH) has received on offer from Mercyhurst -- a 'full ride' per his Twitter. Numerous D2 offers, although the Lakers top the list.

* Drew Stover (6'7" small forward from Fort Washington, PA) has selected Millersville. It was down to Millersville and Gannon.

* Janaie Coates-Sineus (6'8" power forward from Newark, NJ) has selected Lincoln. It was down to Lincoln and Gannon.

Comment

• If Gannon recruits are choosing Millersville and Lincoln over them then that probably isn't a good thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          If Gannon recruits are choosing Millersville and Lincoln over them then that probably isn't a good thing.
                          I think there are understandable reasons like having family attend more games. Or Millersville was free after aid and Gannon wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think there are understandable reasons like having family attend more games. Or Millersville was free after aid and Gannon wasn't.
                            Who knows. Millersville is a program, my opinion, that's been on the brink of a breakout here for several years. I think they have an excellent coach and a nice gym.

I'm curious to watch this kid Joe is after from Chicago. They don't often target high school players from that far away. Transfers, yes, but not so much four-year guys. We're up against some heavyweights -- Valdosta, Asuza, etc. Unfortunately, I don't think a D2 school will get this kid. He stock is rising quickly.

Comment

Who knows. Millersville is a program, my opinion, that's been on the brink of a breakout here for several years. I think they have an excellent coach and a nice gym.

I'm curious to watch this kid Joe is after from Chicago. They don't often target high school players from that far away. Transfers, yes, but not so much four-year guys. We're up against some heavyweights -- Valdosta, Asuza, etc. Unfortunately, I don't think a D2 school will get this kid. He stock is rising quickly.
                              There is a difference being up against D2 powers vs. Millersville/Lincoln.

Comment

• I'm a little surprised to see Gannon stay in the top-25 in the poll released this afternoon after their beat-down by Mercyhurst. Admittedly, lots of teams could suffer a beat-down at the hands of Mercyhurst, but I thought the national poll might start to sour on Gannon when combining their low SOS and big loss to one of the few legit teams on their schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X