Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    And if not postponements, you get what I'm watching right now in the WLU women's game. They're playing with 7 players (I assume the 7 who tested negative). And those 7 only include 2 regular starters. Gonna be a long night for the Lady Hilltoppers. But this is where IUPbig was talking about the need for depth.
    There are very few teams in the PSAC, women's or men's, who wouldn't be devastated by the loss of 2-3 starters for a game. Early season results for Shippensburg and IUP have shown what a difference the absence of even one star player can make. I think we'll all just basically be crossing our fingers for the rest of the season and hoping our teams can muddle through with reasonable results.

Comment

• UPJ escapes SRU

Mercyhurst wins a tight one at Gannon

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        UPJ escapes SRU

Mercyhurst wins a tight one at Gannon

Comment

Mercyhurst at Gannon - The days of first to 42 are gone. But, this one may be first to 65. The Lakers' vaunted defense got lit up in its last outing. The Knights have won 3 straight, albeit against the East doormats. Word on the street is there are some injury concerns on the Gannon side for this affair. Add to it, it's awfully hard to beat Gary Manchel when he gets this long to prepare. Lakers make the short trip across town and secure a win. Mercyhurst by 5.
          Nice job!

Comment

• Frankie Hughes (Slippery Rock) scored 44 points tonight in a 91-87 loss to UPJ. He hit 10 treys.

Comment

• Looking at the boxscores tonight ... the crap must be hitting the fan. A lot of teams rolled with 7-man rotations tonight.

With students coming back soon it will probably get worse.

Comment

Looking at the boxscores tonight ... the crap must be hitting the fan. A lot of teams rolled with 7-man rotations tonight.

With students coming back soon it will probably get worse.
                Ship actually played 11 guys tonight. We'll see if that holds up.

Comment

• Updated MEN'S standings

SCHOOL PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                  IUP 5-1 11-1 W2
                  MERCYHURST 5-1 11-1 W1
                  UPJ 5-1 9-3 W2
                  SLIPPERY ROCK 5-1 9-3 L1
                  GANNON 4-2 7-3 L1
                  EDINBORO 3-2 5-5 L1
                  CALIFORNIA 3-3 8-4 L1
                  CLARION 2-3 6-4 W2
                  SETON HILL 1-5 1-10 L1
                  SCHOOL PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                  SHIPPENSBURG 5-1 8-3 W6
                  EAST STROUDSBURG 4-2 6-4 W2
                  MILLERSVILLE 3-3 9-3 W2
                  WEST CHESTER 2-3 7-3 L1
                  BLOOMSBURG 2-4 3-7 W1
                  KUTZTOWN 1-4 4-7 L3
                  SHEPHERD 1-5 5-7 L5
                  LOCK HAVEN 1-5 4-6 L6
                  MANSFIELD 0-6 1-11 L6

The biggest game this weekend is California at UPJ.

Comment

• Cal women just PPD next two games (Sat and Mon).

Comment

Cal women just PPD next two games (Sat and Mon).
                      I'm shocked both IUP/Cal men don't have issues since the women do.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm shocked both IUP/Cal men don't have issues since the women do.
                        Who knows. Maybe they don't interact that much. I know IUP takes separate buses for the men and women (even when they are playing at the same place). They've been doing that for years - long before Covid.

But, yeah, you'd sure think so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                          And if not postponements, you get what I'm watching right now in the WLU women's game. They're playing with 7 players (I assume the 7 who tested negative). And those 7 only include 2 regular starters. Gonna be a long night for the Lady Hilltoppers. But this is where IUPbig was talking about the need for depth.
                          West Liberty women's issues are injuries and illness, not Covid. They only had 10 players on the roster to start with. Held up pretty well last night against a Concord team that walks it up and sits back in a zone. May get one or two of them back for the weekend but traveling to Glenville on Saturday after the unbeaten Pioneers dropped 140+ on Wheeling last night won't be fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by timbertopper View Post

West Liberty women's issues are injuries and illness, not Covid. They only had 10 players on the roster to start with. Held up pretty well last night against a Concord team that walks it up and sits back in a zone. May get one or two of them back for the weekend but traveling to Glenville on Saturday after the unbeaten Pioneers dropped 140+ on Wheeling last night won't be fun.
                            140? Wow

Comment

Who knows. Maybe they don't interact that much. I know IUP takes separate buses for the men and women (even when they are playing at the same place). They've been doing that for years - long before Covid.

But, yeah, you'd sure think so.
                              The separate bus thing, etc I guess helps the situation. They certainly practice, locker rooms, etc separate. I just know that most schools the basketball teams do a lot of things together.

Comment

• Three men's games PPD so far for Saturday. They are:

Gannon/Boro

ESU/Kutz

Clarion/SRU

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X