Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

TB signed with the University of San Diego -- much less glamorous, basketball-wise, than San Diego State. USD should be a good spot for him. He should play heavy minutes.
    Understood. That is where former All-World Chargers TE Kellen Winslow took his law degree from. I also believe that Jim Harbaugh began his head coaching career there IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Understood. That is where former All-World Chargers TE Kellen Winslow took his law degree from. I also believe that Jim Harbaugh began his head coaching career there IIRC.
      Amazing what happened to Kellen Winslow Jr.

Comment

Amazing what happened to Kellen Winslow Jr.
        Must have been either CTE or drugs or maybe even affluenza. Dude is freaking nuts! And put away for quite some time.

Comment

• I see that 6-11 Georgetown C Qudus Wahab is in the transfer portal. Many felt like it was between Pitt and the Hoyas two years ago when Wahab was making his recruiting decision. But I would be surprised if he came to Pitt. But if he did the Panthers would all of sudden become much more lethal with a legit center at long last. He averaged 12 points and 8 boards this past season.

Comment

• How about them UCLA Bruins! From the first four to the final four. Things are looking up out in Westwood.

If anybody can take Gonzaga down maybe it would be this scrappy bunch.

Comment

• Duquesne lost their #2 forward. This is his second transfer. He and his brother started at Miami U then he transferred to Duq.

Comment

How about them UCLA Bruins! From the first four to the final four. Things are looking up out in Westwood.

If anybody can take Gonzaga down maybe it would be this scrappy bunch.
                I hope not. I want Gonzaga to win it all and I want to see them against Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

I hope not. I want Gonzaga to win it all and I want to see them against Baylor.
                  Have you seen the recruiting class that Gonzaga seems to be putting together? Looks like we have a new blue blood program. How on earth did they pull all of this off?

Comment

Have you seen the recruiting class that Gonzaga seems to be putting together? Looks like we have a new blue blood program. How on earth did they pull all of this off?
                    A great coach who loves living/working there and was never lured to a P5 program is a good place to start.

When you go to the tournament 20+ years in a row, the blue chip recruits eventually take notice.

Comment

Gonzaga plays actual basketball ... not AAU-style playground ball.

Comment

So beautiful to watch. Hopefully other coaches will start to emulate it out of necessity when they can't overwhelm Gonzaga on sheer talent. I think the challenge is that coaches can't get that nba/aau me-first style out of kids' heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                          So beautiful to watch. Hopefully other coaches will start to emulate it out of necessity when they can't overwhelm Gonzaga on sheer talent. I think the challenge is that coaches can't get that nba/aau me-first style out of kids' heads.
                          Gonzaga has built a culture of winning. Sounds cliche but it's not. You don't see their kids in the portal every off-season. They don't get many one-and-dones. They get players in to the program and they stick around for years. I know that sounds foreign in today's college basketball.

Comment

BINGO!!!

Comment

• Big news in the world of D-I hoops with the reported retirement of North Carolina's Roy Williams aka Deputy Dog. He will certainly leave some very big shoes to fill down in Chapel Hill. I wonder who they will get? As many say---UNC hoops head coach is probably one of the very plum jobs in all of sports.

Comment

Big news in the world of D-I hoops with the reported retirement of North Carolina's Roy Williams aka Deputy Dog. He will certainly leave some very big shoes to fill down in Chapel Hill. I wonder who they will get? As many say---UNC hoops head coach is probably one of the very plum jobs in all of sports.
                                Sounds like Texas just lured the big fish out of Lubbock. UNC will be very interesting. Giant trickle-down effect will follow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X