Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about #15 Oral Roberts take down of #2 seed Ohio State today? The Madness is upon us!

Comment

• I don't see any way Shaka Smart is still the coach at Texas by Tuesday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        I don't see any way Shaka Smart is still the coach at Texas by Tuesday.
        You got to have shooters to go with the athletic guards! Texas just doesn't shoot well enough!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You got to have shooters to go with the athletic guards! Texas just doesn't shoot well enough!
          Maybe they held the Alamo if they did shoot better. LOL.

Illinois went down. I was somewhat surprised by that. After thoughts UCLA and Syracuse looking good with a chance to make some noise.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Maybe they held the Alamo if they did shoot better. LOL.

Illinois went down. I was somewhat surprised by that. After thoughts UCLA and Syracuse looking good with a chance to make some noise.
              UCLA is a way better team now that their 2 big men are out. They play more athletic and guard the heck out of it now.

Syracuse is a lucky team. Perfect match ups for them and the zone. Boheim is a terrible coach but wins tourney games only b/c teams don't see a zone much all year. That guy can't teach man to man defense which is why he he never wins the biggest games.

Sister Jean making noise!

Comment

• Joe Starkey has an excellent article about Pitt basketball in the Gazette.

The End of Pitt Basketball (as we knew it).

It focuses on the Pitt 71-70 loss to Butler 10 years ago. H2P was a No. 1 seed in the Madness that year.

Comment

Joe Starkey has an excellent article about Pitt basketball in the Gazette.

The End of Pitt Basketball (as we knew it).

It focuses on the Pitt 71-70 loss to Butler 10 years ago. H2P was a No. 1 seed in the Madness that year.

Comment

• They would be joining the ACC a few years after that loss and that entire conference is a murderers row. They still have not completely retooled the program to be a consistent ACC winner.

I know that many Pitt fans were done with Jaime Dixon after that Butler game. It was the beginning of the end of him in Oakland.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

UCLA is a way better team now that their 2 big men are out. They play more athletic and guard the heck out of it now.

Syracuse is a lucky team. Perfect match ups for them and the zone. Boheim is a terrible coach but wins tourney games only b/c teams don't see a zone much all year. That guy can't teach man to man defense which is why he he never wins the biggest games.

Sister Jean making noise!
                      Looks like UCLA has found a way to turn the calendar back to 1973. Or at least to 1995. They are looking tough thus far. It's been awhile since the Westwood bunch has been relevant in hoops.

Gonzaga looks like the real deal. When exactly did they become a hoops powerhouse? I mostly just remember them as the weird sounding school that former NBA great John Stockton played for.

Comment

Looks like UCLA has found a way to turn the calendar back to 1973. Or at least to 1995. They are looking tough thus far. It's been awhile since the Westwood bunch has been relevant in hoops.

Gonzaga looks like the real deal. When exactly did they become a hoops powerhouse? I mostly just remember them as the weird sounding school that former NBA great John Stockton played for.
                        UCLA is a pretty polarizing program. There's still some magic there. Fancy uniforms. Westwood. History. It's actually baffling why they aren't more of a national power. Coaches get no time to build anything there. You need to win fast and win big or you're shipped down the 405.

Gonzaga is the throwback to a lost era.

Comment

UCLA is a pretty polarizing program. There's still some magic there. Fancy uniforms. Westwood. History. It's actually baffling why they aren't more of a national power. Coaches get no time to build anything there. You need to win fast and win big or you're shipped down the 405.

Gonzaga is the throwback to a lost era.
                          That's a pretty good UCLA synopsis there. Yeah, coaches there don't tend to last very long. And many of them had pretty darn good records since John Wooden left----

Gene Bartow- 52-9
                          Gary Cunningham- 50-8
                          Larry Brown- 42-17
                          Jim Harrick 192-62
                          Steve Lavin-145-78
                          Ben Howland- 233-107
                          Steve Alford-124-63

The Bruin brass needs to realize that the Wizard is not coming back and no one will ever equal his success. That was a much different era. I doubt that any program could ever dominate like that in men's hoops again.

Comment

That's a pretty good UCLA synopsis there. Yeah, coaches there don't tend to last very long. And many of them had pretty darn good records since John Wooden left----

Gene Bartow- 52-9
                            Gary Cunningham- 50-8
                            Larry Brown- 42-17
                            Jim Harrick 192-62
                            Steve Lavin-145-78
                            Ben Howland- 233-107
                            Steve Alford-124-63

The Bruin brass needs to realize that the Wizard is not coming back and no one will ever equal his success. That was a much different era. I doubt that any program could ever dominate like that in men's hoops again.
                            The boosters run the show there. I know a guy who briefly did some athletic fundraising for UCLA. He quit after 6-8 months. Said the entire athletic department is an island from the academic operation and they seem to answer to boosters rather than the president/chancellor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The boosters run the show there. I know a guy who briefly did some athletic fundraising for UCLA. He quit after 6-8 months. Said the entire athletic department is an island from the academic operation and they seem to answer to boosters rather than the president/chancellor.
                              Follow the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That sounds like most athletic departments, especially D1.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X