Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Okay, that could be. I'm really not sure. I thought somebody said that Pitt QB Kenny Pickett could play again next season beyond this his senior year. I have no idea how that works since he played 2017-2020 for four years of eligibility. Who knows, crazy world.

It will be interesting to see what goes down with Jeffress.
    This year does not count for d1 and d2, regardless of whether games are played. D1 made the decision first and d2 followed suit a couple of weeks later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

This year does not count for d1 and d2, regardless of whether games are played. D1 made the decision first and d2 followed suit a couple of weeks later.

Many Pitt football players (that are current seniors) have already stated they are coming back next year. The question will be whether they return to Pitt or opt for a more-appealing grad transfer to greener pastures.

The 'Pitt level' programs are all freaking out about losing all their top players this off-season to the portal.

Comment

• H2P giving 15.5 points tonight in Vegas.

I'd take Saint Francis to lose but cover.

They aren't a total pushover (22-10 last year).

Comment

• Saint Francis came to play.

Comment

• Pitt getting hammered

Best wake up at halftime. Capel needs to call off this useless zone. Getting shredded.

Comment

• Saint Francis 46
              Pitt 33

Half

One looks like an ACC team. It's not the one actually in the ACC, however.

Comment

• I stand corrected about Will Jeffress. He's playing but he's playing because this Pitt team is that bad and they have to play him. Yikes!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                  I stand corrected about Will Jeffress. He's playing but he's playing because this Pitt team is that bad and they have to play him. Yikes!!!
                  THEY SUCK

LORDY

Comment

• Looks like that 13th place in the ACC projection was indeed off. Just not in the direction we thought.

Comment

• I think we just saw why they didn't want to play Duquesne.

One thing to lose a fluke to a lesser team. Another thing to get your brains bashed.

That game was nowhere near as close as that final 11-point margin.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They better enjoy tonight.
                        Do you think they did? Good God! I was kind of snickering about the the team from tiny Loretto going down to Oakland to get pasted by big bad Pitt. Well, you saw how that went. The Red Flash looked really good and Pitt looked really, really BAD! Downright horrible even.

But you do have to give Pitt credit for picking up exactly where they were the last time that we saw them play over eight months ago. They can't shoot at all. They can't rebound at all. They can't defend any where near the basket. Their offense is stagnant and clumsy and replete with awfulness. They can't defend the perimeter thus letting their opposition rain down threes on them. Their foul shooting sucks as bad as their shooting from the field.

A few thoughts----

-I honestly did think that it may take some time to work on unit cohesion with all the new players. It looked like Capel was very unsure of how to incorporate all of them into an effective rotation. I liked that he did shuffle a lot of players into the game----that was a major problem last year when they lacked depth. It is going to take some time to work things out. Unfortunately by the time that occurs you may be heading into conference play with a record of 0-5 or 1-4. Yeah, it was bad.

-Au'Diese Toney played a good game. Unfortunately he did not have much help.

-Xavier Johnson really needs to amp up his game. Seven turnovers and a missed dunk is not a good look. He is important to Pitt and unfortunately he sucked.

-Itheil Horton was really talked up a bunch this offseason as a great replacement for the departed Trey McGowens. Well, he looked no where near to be in McGowens category. I saw Trey and Nebraska play earlier today. He looked great and the Corn Huskers looked like a team to be reckoned with. People forget that Trey was a top 100 recruit. He brought a lot of talent to the Pitt backcourt. I think we can conclude that it is not a good thing that he is gone.

-Slam Penny had a very disappointing outing in my opinion. Pitt needs so much more from him.

-William Jeffress did flash some ability. I see that he was listed as a top 25 recruit for the class of 2021 of which he would have been a member of. You can clearly see that he has talent.

-John Hugley did lead Pitt in rebounds with eight boards. He looked very raw at times but you can see that he does have some potential down in the low post game. Pitt will need him to develop very quickly.

-I did like what i saw out of Femi Odukale even though he did not have a particularly good game. He does look like someone who can run the point. And he may be starting there very soon if Xavier does not change things around.

-Noah Collier needs to get more minutes.

-I personally would save Nike Sibande for next season if I was Capel (depending on what the eligibility rules are). This could be a real reloading year for Pitt at least until the new players get acclimated to everything.

But all in all a very poor performance. This was a game that was counted on as a win by the Pitt faithful. Where do they go from here? This is a very bad loss for the program. But certainly they did lose seemingly cupcake games each of the past two seasons. It looks like the Pitt fans have turned on Capel. But now is not the time to blow the whole thing up. It is a young team and unfortunately not a real good team at this point. There is MUCH work to be done!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          I stand corrected about Will Jeffress. He's playing but he's playing because this Pitt team is that bad and they have to play him. Yikes!!!
                          I honestly never heard any kind of plan to redshirt Will. But again---details coming out of Oakland are really scant with all of the lockdowns.

But he did look good. He may be a much more realistic guy to replace the talented McGowens than Horton. Stay tuned for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Do you think they did? Good God! I was kind of snickering about the the team from tiny Loretto going down to Oakland to get pasted by big bad Pitt. Well, you saw how that went. The Red Flash looked really good and Pitt looked really, really BAD! Downright horrible even.

But you do have to give Pitt credit for picking up exactly where they were the last time that we saw them play over eight months ago. They can't shoot at all. They can't rebound at all. They can't defend any where near the basket. Their offense is stagnant and clumsy and replete with awfulness. They can't defend the perimeter thus letting their opposition rain down threes on them. Their foul shooting sucks as bad as their shooting from the field.

A few thoughts----

-I honestly did think that it may take some time to work on unit cohesion with all the new players. It looked like Capel was very unsure of how to incorporate all of them into an effective rotation. I liked that he did shuffle a lot of players into the game----that was a major problem last year when they lacked depth. It is going to take some time to work things out. Unfortunately by the time that occurs you may be heading into conference play with a record of 0-5 or 1-4. Yeah, it was bad.

-Au'Diese Toney played a good game. Unfortunately he did not have much help.

-Xavier Johnson really needs to amp up his game. Seven turnovers and a missed dunk is not a good look. He is important to Pitt and unfortunately he sucked.

-Itheil Horton was really talked up a bunch this offseason as a great replacement for the departed Trey McGowens. Well, he looked no where near to be in McGowens category. I saw Trey and Nebraska play earlier today. He looked great and the Corn Huskers looked like a team to be reckoned with. People forget that Trey was a top 100 recruit. He brought a lot of talent to the Pitt backcourt. I think we can conclude that it is not a good thing that he is gone.

-Slam Penny had a very disappointing outing in my opinion. Pitt needs so much more from him.

-William Jeffress did flash some ability. I see that he was listed as a top 25 recruit for the class of 2021 of which he would have been a member of. You can clearly see that he has talent.

-John Hugley did lead Pitt in rebounds with eight boards. He looked very raw at times but you can see that he does have some potential down in the low post game. Pitt will need him to develop very quickly.

-I did like what i saw out of Femi Odukale even though he did not have a particularly good game. He does look like someone who can run the point. And he may be starting there very soon if Xavier does not change things around.

-Noah Collier needs to get more minutes.

-I personally would save Nike Sibande for next season if I was Capel (depending on what the eligibility rules are). This could be a real reloading year for Pitt at least until the new players get acclimated to everything.

But all in all a very poor performance. This was a game that was counted on as a win by the Pitt faithful. Where do they go from here? This is a very bad loss for the program. But certainly they did lose seemingly cupcake games each of the past two seasons. It looks like the Pitt fans have turned on Capel. But now is not the time to blow the whole thing up. It is a young team and unfortunately not a real good team at this point. There is MUCH work to be done!
                            I thought Xavier was horrendous. He must just not have anybody else.

That missed dunk was the final nail. That was the only time it seemed like Pitt could flip the momentum. SFU went in to that slow-down for a stretch and Pitt cut it from 23 down to 11. He hits that dunk and it probably ignites them.

No idea why Pitt stayed in that worthless zone the whole first half.

Flagler from SFU (the big white dude) was the best player in the building by a mile. He's legit.

I think what we saw was an upper-classmen driven, experienced mid-major team come in and kick Pitt's young a$$.

But ... in Year 3 of a regime ... nobody wants to hear that crap. NEC teams shouldn't batter an ACC team. Ever.

Scary thing is ... Pitt's guard play is crazy bad. And, that was little Saint Francis. Imagine what ACC teams will do to them. Minus Toney the guards can't hit the side of a barn.

A couple exhibition games would have done this team wonders.

Capel needs to quit wasting time chasing 5-stars and just get hard-nosed players. Being in the 'Final 15' of a 5-star doesn't mean anything.

Comment

I thought Xavier was horrendous. He must just not have anybody else.

That missed dunk was the final nail. That was the only time it seemed like Pitt could flip the momentum. SFU went in to that slow-down for a stretch and Pitt cut it from 23 down to 11. He hits that dunk and it probably ignites them.

No idea why Pitt stayed in that worthless zone the whole first half.

Flagler from SFU (the big white dude) was the best player in the building by a mile. He's legit.

I think what we saw was an upper-classmen driven, experienced mid-major team come in and kick Pitt's young a$$.

But ... in Year 3 of a regime ... nobody wants to hear that crap. NEC teams shouldn't batter an ACC team. Ever.

Scary thing is ... Pitt's guard play is crazy bad. And, that was little Saint Francis. Imagine what ACC teams will do to them. Minus Toney the guards can't hit the side of a barn.

A couple exhibition games would have done this team wonders.

Capel needs to quit wasting time chasing 5-stars and just get hard-nosed players. Being in the 'Final 15' of a 5-star doesn't mean anything.
                              Have to agree with all of your points. Yeah, it was as bad a loss as you would want to take.

McGowens not being there was pretty glaring. He was a talent.

Comment

I think we just saw why they didn't want to play Duquesne.

One thing to lose a fluke to a lesser team. Another thing to get your brains bashed.

That game was nowhere near as close as that final 11-point margin.
                                a shame, this would have been the year for IUP to play Pitt.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X